• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I'm back, I'm married and I need some help!

Hello wonderful people! I hope your all well!

I'm back from my wedding and honeymoon in the states, and dispite eating anything and everything, I weigh the same, if not a little less than when i went! Hurrah!

However, my pouch is well and truely streched, I can eat way more than I could before, and now im not going to be walking a million miles around new york a day, no doubt id put weight on... so... i need advice on how to get back on track, and whats the best way to do it?

Anyway, here is a sneaky peek at my wedding day, is hall post plenty of pictures in the days to follow :)

Lots of love, the new Mrs Matheson! x

Attachments

• wed.jpg
    wed.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105
Congratulations! You look stunning.

Have you thought of trying the 5 day pouch test? xx

Welcome back and Congratulations Mrs Matheson! You look fantastic! I agree with Tiara the 5 day pouch test maybe of some help xxx

Welcome home Mrs Matheson, you look stunning what a beautiful picture, cant wait to see the rest! I would give yourself a few days and see how your eating goes now that you are back, holidays are there to be enjoyed. At nearly 9 months post op i'm eating a lot more but still steadily losing so hopefully once you get back into newly married life i'm sure your eating will even back out. xx

i thought about the 5 day pouch test, but i cant stand protein shakes, so do you think a few days of milk, yogurts and soup would help followed by a few of solid dry protein like tuna from a can and chicken breast?

I know my puch has streched during my trip to the states, and i know id like to get back to my normal sized meals, as i can now eat for example, all of the meal i got given on the plane back (well, i gave more than a few fork fulls to hubby) and i know they are not big meals, but more than i would eat before!

thank you all for the comments :) i was so happy with my dress and how i looked on my day, i wouldnt have ever got married if it werent for my bypass! :)

.x.

Hi Mrs M, and welcome back!

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if you have actually stretched your pouch. Certainly not more than it should have stretched to at your stage anyway. So you've been on holiday and loosened the reigns a little. Thats what normal people do on holiday!

You have posted recently of your struggles to eat enough, and you need to be cautious in my humble opinion about cutting back too far. I'm no expert, but just basing my opinion on some of the posts you made before your wedding.

I would say just try to get back to eating what you were before you went away. If you are hungry, then make good choices and have larger meals, or more frequent snacks. Dont be too hard on yourself hun. x x

Great advice from Sam, I could defo eat a plane meal! Maybe you should just let things settle down and see how it goes. We had our ops at the same time and i must admit that i have thought previously that i eat much more than you! Maybe your new pouch has just taken longer to get to the size of mine!

No advice cos I am a baby bypasser but just wanted to congratulate you on your wedding. You looked absolutely stunning x

CONGRATS Chick! You look amazing - your hubby is one lucky fella ;) And I dont think you have stretched your pouch...it takes years of abuse to stretch it - you just need to get the feeling of fullness back. I suggest a few days either doing the pouch test with milk and yogs or consciously cutting your portion size down :)
You look fab x

Thanks so much everyone :)
I guess maybe im being a bit hard on myself. last night i tried to eat some bacon on a bread roll and it came straight back up, so i guess i havent streched my pouch as much as i thought lol

i just need to get back into making good food choices, and realise im not on holiday anymore.

thank you all so much for the kind words regarding my wddding pic, ill put the proper ones up soon so you can have a gawp lol

and sal, incase i didnt say it at the time, you looked stunning on your big day and your dress is to die for!

x

Back