• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please!

blob

Had a band fitted Tuesday and to tonight I have had horrible dizzy spells almost to point of passing out, and feel very sick, anyone any ideas, if I have eaten/ drunk to much or not enough, or Is this completely normal :-/

Hey there, I've had a couple of dizzy spells, it could be that it's just your body reacting to the lack of food, it takes a while to adjust.
Have you been drinking loads? Dehydration can make your blood pressure drop through the floor, also have you managed any "food" like milk or slim fast? I've been told to drink a pint of milk a day, which helps that light headed feeling.
Best to give your hospital a call though, just to be on the safe side, as it could be anything xx Kat xx

Hi Kat, thanks for the reply, managing 1/4 of a cup of soup or ready brekk but I have not been drinking as much as maybe I should. My blood pressure was very low after op so maybe that's whats doing it, didn't realise lack of water can drop blood pressure. How's things with you. Are you still like a Puffa fish lol :)

It does sound like its because of the reduced amount of stuff you're having, but dehydration can definitely play a part. Its hard post op to get so much liquid into you and I found that I didn't want other things such as milk or runny yoghurt (and then it bloated me uncomfortably) my provider said to me to focus on the liquids because its really important to get that fluid on board, but I'd give them a call, run it by them, and just to get their thoughts too.

Take care and rest up - some ppl do get dizzy in the first few days of adjustment - dont over do things and rest x

blob said:
Hi Kat, thanks for the reply, managing 1/4 of a cup of soup or ready brekk but I have not been drinking as much as maybe I should. My blood pressure was very low after op so maybe that's whats doing it, didn't realise lack of water can drop blood pressure. How's things with you. Are you still like a Puffa fish lol :)

I'm getting there, still full of gas, but it's much better than before. I'm having trouble drinking enough too, but have been mixing a slim fast ready made drink with skimmed milk, that seems to go down really easily, I managed a wheetabix last night, which also slipped down with no problem.
I suffer from low pressure so find if I don't drink enough I spin out a lot. How you feeling today? Better I hope? Kat xx

I too had a few dizzy spells, and put it down to the change in my calorie intake. Try to sip liquids often so you keep hydrated, and you will get used to the change in your diet.
Good Luck, it will get better.
Lilypersian
xx

Back