• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help pls - eating habits

Cocoxo

hi everyone ,
I’m currently on the waiting list for eps. I was told on the day that it is possible to change what operation I would like. I hoping to have my op soon.

I have a few questions on eating habits. In my household a few of my family members have had the sleeve. IV noticed they’ve lost weight but not a significant amount . However they still enjoy the foods they like and don’t really have the biggest problem eating meats such as lamb and steaks .

My question was to those who have had the gastric bypass, what your eating habits are like . I’m leaning towards this operation more as I am 17 stone and would like to be 10. The surgeon I spoke to said this would only be possible with the bypass.

I was wondering how individuals who have had the bypass, how do you tolerate meats?. Also how is it eating certain foods. Do you have any troubles?. Does food get stuck ?.

I understand that everyone’s experience is different but it’ll be nice to get an overview of people’s experiences with food .

I understand and I’m aware that when having surgery I should plan to change my diet . I will defo be having a clean diet and working with my surgery . It’s just nice to be aware .

Thanks x

Sarnie

Hi, I'm pre op, so cannot tell you from experience, but from all the research I've done, it really is different from person to person on what they can and cannot eat and drink and what their pouch will tolerate.
Hopefully some post oppers will be a long soon with their input. Good luck x

Bling Babe

Hi welcome, I’m bypassed and I’m ok with tender meat but everyone is very different indeed, best advice is to read loads of diaries and research your own reasons for wanted a bypass, this tool is very individual and whatever you have as you know there are big changes to be made, I wish you every success and look forward to your updates xx

Cocoxo

Hi, I'm pre op, so cannot tell you from experience, but from all the research I've done, it really is different from person to person on what they can and cannot eat and drink and what their pouch will tolerate.
Hopefully some post oppers will be a long soon with their input. Good luck x
Thank you so much ! . Good luck Sandra :). Keep us posted how your journey goes . X

Cocoxo

Hi welcome, I’m bypassed and I’m ok with tender meat but everyone is very different indeed, best advice is to read loads of diaries and research your own reasons for wanted a bypass, this tool is very individual and whatever you have as you know there are big changes to be made, I wish you every success and look forward to your updates xx
Hi bling babe , do you know what websites and where I can do my possible research!. I hope everyting is going well for you !. Keep us updated but on your journey . Thanks x

Bling Babe

Hi, there is loads of info on here, but other than that if you “google” gastric bypass, sleeve tc or weight loss surgery you’ll come across no end of information, some hospitals have their own info on the website too xx

Sarnie

Maria61

hi everyone ,
I’m currently on the waiting list for eps. I was told on the day that it is possible to change what operation I would like. I hoping to have my op soon.

I have a few questions on eating habits. In my household a few of my family members have had the sleeve. IV noticed they’ve lost weight but not a significant amount . However they still enjoy the foods they like and don’t really have the biggest problem eating meats such as lamb and steaks .

My question was to those who have had the gastric bypass, what your eating habits are like . I’m leaning towards this operation more as I am 17 stone and would like to be 10. The surgeon I spoke to said this would only be possible with the bypass.

I was wondering how individuals who have had the bypass, how do you tolerate meats?. Also how is it eating certain foods. Do you have any troubles?. Does food get stuck ?.

I understand that everyone’s experience is different but it’ll be nice to get an overview of people’s experiences with food .

I understand and I’m aware that when having surgery I should plan to change my diet . I will defo be having a clean diet and working with my surgery . It’s just nice to be aware .

Thanks x
Welcome to you and good luck. I was bypassed nearly a year ago and as well as using google to research I bought a book called weight loss surgery for dummies which helped me a lot xx

Irene44

Hi and welcome. There are some amazing journeys on this forum hun take some time out and read some Lots of lovely people who will help if they can. I was bypassed 6 weeks ago today. I’m still very much getting used to my pouch. Some things are fine infact the things you wouldn’t expect! Others not so good, WLS surgery definitely isn’t the easy way out that’s for sure. But I wouldn’t change it for anything now happy not to be controlled by food anymore just my 6 WEEK OLD temperamental pouch lol xx

Cocoxo

Hi Irene !.

That’s greats news . I’m glad you’re doing well!. I’m 100% going to take your advice on board and have a thorough read . How much weight have you lost ?. How’s it going so far?.

Thanks you x
I x

Irene44

Hey sweets how you doing :). I’m loving my Wee pouch. It’s doing me proud I don’t crave naughty foods infact I crave foods full stop. I’ve lost 3 stone 3lbs and have 28lbs left to get to goal I’m wearing size 10/12 clothes and very happy xx