• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help plz all what should i expect from my assesment appointment?

pinkylin

i go on thursday next week and have been told to arrive 10mins b4 my apt and i will be there about 2/3 hrs i beleve there is some sort of talk and demo and then its tests and stuff but what tests will i be having? who will i see? will i be told yes i can have surgery or what i dont knw any advice would be brill plz tar im goin to the murryfield spire hosp on the wirral linda.x:eek::p;):D

I'm at a different hospital, but at my assesment I saw the nurse and she ask many question and took notes about, medication, past weight loss history and eating habit and day to day activities.

I then went for a blood test, then met up with a group to watch slides about the surgery and was also able to ask the bariatric nurse question.

ahhhhh right thanx pinky ive been told a lil bit about my hosp but not much they siad i will have bloods done and and mrsa test think thats in the blood not sure my weight height bmi see a presentation about ops asked what op id like erm see dietician i think she sed and see psych i think and that was it just wanted to see if she might be right by other peeps storys experiences lin.x

ahhhhh right thanx pinky ive been told a lil bit about my hosp but not much they siad i will have bloods done and and mrsa test think thats in the blood not sure my weight height bmi see a presentation about ops asked what op id like erm see dietician i think she sed and see psych i think and that was it just wanted to see if she might be right by other peeps storys experiences lin.x

Sorry, yes of course they weigh you and work out you bmi ( no getting away fro that lol).

Funny thing is the psych was never mentioned to me or the mrsa. I assumed mrsa test would be done at pre-op assement where more bloods are done etc.

Not 100% sure but think mrsa is a swab test.

Glad things are moving along for you.

tar pinky fingers xd i dont have to wait to long for op eh lol.x

I had mine pre op assessment at a different hospital but for me it was:-
weight
height
blood pressure
bloods
urine
MRSA swabs
spirometry
heart trace (ecg)
and loads of questions!!!!!!

Hope this helps and good luck with yoursx

hi gaynor thanx for that but whats a spirometry?????

My first assessment I was just told I could have a band - no questions asked. At my second hospital I was asked about dieting history, eating patterns, psych stuff. I asked for a psych assessment, but this is not always compulsory. Didn't see the dietician this time around, but that could still happen...

For the pre-op:

My first wls pre-op consisted of blood tests, mrsa swab, blood pressure and ecg.

My second wls pre-op consisted of weight measure, blood tests, mrsa swab and blood pressure.

So, I imagine my third will be on a similar theme. If you need more tests this is often dependent on co-morbidities etc. Every hospital is different though...

well i knw ive not got sleep apnea i did have it when i was 24stone but now ive lost some weight thats gone thank god so if they have to do that test i think i will pass as i never wake in the night gaspin for breath. so hopefully for me it will just be the blood test urine mrsa weight height bmi and thats about it i thnk the only comorbities i can think of really is i suffer with my back knees and feet but not sure if that will count im hoping it does lin.x

Hi Lin you dont really wake,gasping for breath with apneoa.You might not even know about it.Does your hubby say if you hold your breath for periods during sleep?Do you have bad snoring?Also the mrsa swab is taken from your nose,mouth and groin.

no i do snore but only sometimes not all the time like hubby lol as for holdin my breath he said no i dont so thats good i think.x

tar hun.x

Back