• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! weight loss all but stopped!!

chubby funster

I'm seven and a half months out and lost seven stone eight pounds so far and still have a Bloomin long way to go, about five or six stone if I'm honest. So far this month I've lost one measly pound. I am having around 1000 cals very occasionally closer to 1100. I can't realistically drop cals much more as when I've tried this I am plain shattered and zzzzzzzing at my desk is not good!! I am going to up exercise but just at minute simply don't have a huge amount of time as I'm studying for an exam in April. So will be the odd walk here and there and perhaps a bit of xbox dancing! Any tips to get things kick started? Any magic fairy dust to make me slim? Thanks in advance! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

You've done very well, and haven't had many stalls till now so now it's happened, just go with the flow. Personally I would up the exercise to shock your body into losing again. If losing is as important to you as your exam, then find the time to walk, or have your study books open on a treadmill or stationary bike, or walk to where you need to go instead of taking the car or transport...there are always ways and I never believe someone who says they don't have the time to fit in any exercise.

Have you tried cutting right back on any carbs and eating the protein/vwg for a bit to boost you again??

I'm seven and a half months out and lost seven stone eight pounds so far and still have a Bloomin long way to go, about five or six stone if I'm honest. So far this month I've lost one measly pound. I am having around 1000 cals very occasionally closer to 1100. I can't realistically drop cals much more as when I've tried this I am plain shattered and zzzzzzzing at my desk is not good!! I am going to up exercise but just at minute simply don't have a huge amount of time as I'm studying for an exam in April. So will be the odd walk here and there and perhaps a bit of xbox dancing! Any tips to get things kick started? Any magic fairy dust to make me slim? Thanks in advance! X

No fairy dust sorry (If only LOL) but neither will I patronise you with platitudes nor call you a liar, it can sometimes be difficult to fit in exercise especially for mums who also work full time, but if you want to maximise your honeymoon period you need to get it in when ever you can.

At seven months out it's not uncommon for our bodies to get used to our new regime and they are great at adapting in order to hang onto what they have in terms of fat stores, so we have to keep them guessing. Shocking them into anything is cobblers really you just need to regularly change how you do things, as that keeps up steady weight loss. Some find that if they have a day where they eat more food instead of causing gain it can promote loss, so Mayamoo is right that increasing your intake of protein might be the key. Certainly if you are going to increase your exercise you would need to eat more (I know that sounds scary LOL)

You just need to change things around a bit, either what you're eating or the type of exercise that you are doing.

To be honest in relation to the time it takes, walking is crap exercise, better than nothing but not as effective when compared to more intensive exercises over a given time period. You would do better riding a stationary bike or even better an elliptical at different levels of intensity for 30 minutes than walking for an hour and a half.

Some resistance exercise is always a great idea as this protects you lean body mass, and you don't need to join a gym if money or time don't facilitate it, you can use stuff you have in the house to get a decent workout. Lots of info on the web about this stuff.

Make sure you're getting in enough water and protein each day and it will start up again worry not.

Thanks all! Thanks Karlos too, might have a look at getting a stationary bike or something like it for home. Will do some research! Appreciate the advice!!

Take a look on Ebay for a bike or even a fold up cross trainer, you can get some great deals on there.
After reading other posts i have taken advice from them (mainly Karlos) that Protein is the way forward plus lots of liquid.
Good luck hun xx

So, I did it and joined the gym. As I said earlier simply can't go as much as I'd like to while studying for this exam. Its cramming central in our house right now!! I've been to the gym on Thursday, Saturday and Tuesday. Am I expecting too much that this would have shocked my body into starting the weight moving again?! Because I haven't lost an ounce again!!! Argh! I know I'm irrational but don't know what else to do to get the weight moving!!

Hi,

As a pre-opper I'm not sure what to suggest but just want to say from your pic you don't look like you still have 5 or 6stone to go! Your look great! Well done

Aww bless you!! Thanks but it's a sad reality!! At 16 and a half stone I've a long old way to go! Xxx

chubby funster said:
Aww bless you!! Thanks but it's a sad reality!! At 16 and a half stone I've a long old way to go! Xxx

With upped exercise comes the need for more liquid, or you will retain water and hide your fat loss. Have you upped your water?

I drink shedloads any way but could try. And squeeze a little more in. If nothing else, I'll get a break from my desk when I need the loo! ;-)
Will try anything!!! Xx

I've had the same problem to be honest, but im 18 months after my op, I have lost 10 stone altogether and still need to loose another 7, i know my problem is i dont exercise, to be honest I hate exercise, I do try and go the wii for exercise and getting better at that. But what find most alarming is the change in my taste buds, for someone who did not like sweet stuff, it now seems thats all I want, does anyone else have that problem? I could really do with a support group to get mind back into focus.

Yen stone is wonderful! I must admit I don't especially like exercise. I enjoy the feeling when I've been to the gym but I don't like going. Eurgh! What sweet stuff are you going for? X

Im the same, feel good when i come back from gym but its getting me there lol I have tried eating fruit instead of choc or puddings but it does not help, i do try to watch how much sweet stuff I have, which thank goodness once Ive had a taste I am ok and dont need more till the next day.. lol But I was told that there will come a point when u will stop loosing but that it would start again, and I'm starting to loose, although very slowly, but im happy with that, so dont loose heart, the closer u get to your target the harder it does become

Thanks Dawn!! Im sure we'll all get there... Eventually!

Think the best thing to try is eating different things with the same calorific value keep mixing up and moving meals around as well a drinking the water and exercising its difficult i know i'm 7 months post op and mine has slowed down somewhat now, keep going you've done brilliantly xx

I'm afraid i always liked sweet things and i have had some terrible cravings for sweet things even though I don't feel hungry anymore, its in my head i think i need something sweet i try to just have something small n have found that more than 2 squares or 2 chocolates makes me feel queasy, but 2 ginger snaps do the trick, just trial and error really we're all in the same boat xx

Back