• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help please need advice

pinkylin

I decided last week that this week i would rejoin weight watchers now i knw your all prob thinkin why?????????

Well the reason is i know i have not been eating anywhere near enough and my weightlosses have slowed right down due to this i mean its always been slow but not this slow lol so i thought join ww and you can track whats goin in now im on 21points and im strugling to eat them all to be honest which isnt good or is it is 21points to much for me now coz ive had the bypass or is thia a good way of keeping in conmtrol of my eating and make sure i dont make bad choices?

Im so scared of regaining all my weight back that that is why i decided to go back coz i want control back in my life and i have to say i am enjoying writing everything down and keeping an eye on whats goin in and to be honest its makin me eat small and often but still not enough points wise so should i continue doin this for a wk or a month and see how it goes and if it works or not and also has anyone got any really good ideas on how i could consume more points the healthy way ?

I dont eat white bread not even toasted i have the odd piece of seeded batch small loaf and i did have a ww petti pain ystday which was nice 1.5points lol
so again not high in points should i maybe not eat the ww stuff and try and go for normal mini baguettes and full fat cheese instead of the low fat but then again if i do this will it make me gain weight dont know im confused.com
any advice you can give me on this would be great sorry for rambling on thank you for bearing with me if you read this far lin.x:wave_cry::(:confused:

At my hospital group meet they said that slimming clubs were not a good idea really. They recommend that we stick to the Eat Well Plate/Balance of Good Health. I can understand though that being weighed weekly and having a support group can be really helpful.

I would not buy the ww stuff as these are low in points which will make eating the number of points harder.

Personally I would try just eating a high protein diet and make sure that the proteins are of good quality and restrict fat, sugar and carbs and see what happens. This is how I got to target.

Good luck
xxx

thanx hun the only ww food i did buy was the petti pains lol ive just said to a friend ive paid for a month so i will stick it out for a month and see how it goes and i may speak to a member of my baritric team and see what they think to im just so scared of putin the weight back on that i needed to track things down to make sure i was eating enough coz i knw i havnt been doin this.x

Lin, I doubt if the team will be very happy with you going WW. I was doing WW online and they not to as i would not be able to eat the amount of points I needed (41) and they were right.
Have you not got someone close that could help to weigh you on a weekly basis and set up a spread sheet and record your weight your self

i weigh on a weekly basis in boots the chemist and i have drawn a chart to progress my weight loss and this really helps me x

hiya i weigh myself weekly thats not the prob im havin i was told by my surgeon that i should be eaten little and often ie 6times a day and i knw i havnt been doin this ive only been eating 3times a day then getin myself stressed out coz im hungry and thinkin oh no ive stretched my pouch or oh no my old ways r comin bk and it panics me so that why i thought go bk to ww and then i can stay in control now i knw i can just log everythn down what im eating at home but i enjoyed goin to the class and talkin to old friends there and seeing my old leader who sed i looked fab and to keep up the good work the only thing im worried about now is if i eat all my points 21 will i be havin to many cals? as i was never told how many cals to have in a day so i dont knw i really dont feel ive had much help from my baratric team to be honest ive been givin the op then left to fend for myself so to spk so thats why i came on here to see if any of you guys could help me.x

Hi Lin,

This is a really difficult situation, isn't it? I understand totally your fear of putting weight back on when you've done so well, and to be honest, I like the idea of going somewhere weekly to be weighed, as it means you have to make sensible choices with your food or it's going to show on the scales if you haven't! However, it's more than just jumping on the scales, it's the support & encouragement that can be just as beneficial! I understood this when I did WW, and it was these things that made me 'good' (until I stopped going of course)!!!!
However, I'm also in agreement with the other advice offered so far, in that you are a post-op gastric by-pass gal, and the WW system is simply not designed for people in that situation. I don't know how much on average you are losing now, but are you eating enough? May sound strange, but if you're feeling hungry, it's could be that you are! As you've paid for a month, of course keep going, but perhaps stick to your own healthy fod plan & forget trying to meet the points you've been allocated. With a small pouch, it stands to reason that less should be going in it that a 'normal' tum. Did you see a dietician before your op? Could you make an appt to see them & have a chat? Also, what about your GP...they may be able have an on site dietician that you could see regularly (& you could also do the 'weighing bit' free of charge!!!) or they may be able to refer you to one, to give you better support & advice. xxx

thanx ange i think i woul b ok if my wls team had told me how many cals i was supose to be eating then i could judge things better but im defo not eating enough no way the doc told me i should be eatin breky then mid morn snack then lunch then mid aft snack then tea then supper and im tellin you im not doin it lol ive been havin breky lunch tea but i have felt myself getin hungrier more often so thats why im trying to eat what the doc has said but even though ive been doin this it still doesnt count up to 21points its close tho lol i just dont want to be trying to eat my points and notice im gaining thats what im scared of lol i will see how my first week goes and if its failed i will cancel my monthly pass and be done with it thanx again to everyone whos answerd my post lin.x

Back