• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital broke my leg, will i still be able to have surgery 13th feb?

2nd timer

Very odd question here. I went in to a different hospital to have a routine knee arthroscopy that had been on the cards for months n months. I had been hobbling for a while. Day surgery was booked and I went into surgery. Wen I woke yesterday they told me that they had to make a hole in the bone to repair my cartilage and I couldn't weight bare for six weeks!!!!! I was devastated as my long awaited op is in 3.5 weeks!!!!!!! I'm distraught. I'm not in a cast and can't walk. I am wheelchair or Zimmer frame bound with knee in the air :(
Ppl in wheelchairs have surgery and those that are too overweight to stand also. I don't want to ring my provider yet, but I will have to next week when I start the milk diet again.
I'm praying I can go ahead if I'm fully recovered bar walking. May as well re coup from both lots. It if doesn't happen then, I'm off to Cuba in April n it then won't be able to happen till the summer which is devastating for me as I will put weight on :((((( how blinking horrid :(((
I lost my precious band due to NHS cock up, now I'm awaiting if I will have to wait even longer for the op due to NHS chopping me up :((
Love to hear from any of you if you can offer me any advice or info? Grrrrrrrrr. Xxxxx

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Can't offer any advice but really hope you can still have your op and it all goes well for you ? xx

How awful for you!!! Sorry I don't know any answers for you, but hope it can still go ahead for you!!!! Keep your chin up and keep strong!!!! Good luck xxx

Fingers crossed they go ahead I know my surgeon was keen on me walking asap after the op to help keep me clot free, they only way you will know for sure is to ask your providers.

Thank you. Ill give it a week to recover n then phone them. I'm frightened to just after its happened n my gp is on hols so I can't discuss it with him either :/

so sorry i would maybe ring provider before starting pre op as you dont want to go through all that and then be turned down wishes for a speedy recovery

Wish there was someone medic on here who could help

Wish there was someone medic on here who could help

Even if there were medical people on here the only ones that can give you a definitive answer is your surgeon :)

Even if there were medical people on here the only ones that can give you a definitive answer is your surgeon :)

Thanks I know. I need a magic wand Hun. Peed off isn't the word !

Ring the provider today! you will just worry about it for the next week or so anyway, just ring them and find out. I have had 2 knee arthroscopies and a tibial tubercle transfer (moved the tibial tubercle down the front of the leg and re-sited it with screws) so i know that proper nutrition is essential for the bones to heal properly, pre op diet is prob not balanced enough for healing bones, and being non weight bearing wont help after wls either clots and stuff. I hope i am wrong and that they will do it, but i would be on the phone. fingers crossed for you honey.

Back