• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help :(

helen144

Hi all

i had my gastric bypass 5 months ago and not had any problems at all till last week :(

Last monday i started with quite bad upper bdoinal pain , that has f=gone now coming back only occassionally i am now having problems eating and drinking , every time i eat or drink my stomach gurgles and bubbles (might be my bowel not sure|) it does it so loud others in the romm can hear it, this makes me feel really sick and horrid, im not going to eat anything now as its driving me mad, i am not eating anything i have eaten before and I have made a conscious effort to eat slowely and very small amounts, it doesnt seem to matter what I eat and its doing it, I havnt actually been sick.

Its fine when not eating and drinking no sickness or anything :(

helen

xxxxxx
Thankyou xxx

Hiya helen not seen you on line in ages, im not post op so dont have any advice are you still in contact with your wls team? maybe they should be your first port of call . How you going on with the weight loss x

yeh i went to hope on thursday this only started that day it was pain prior to this , so didnt mention this to them, i mentioned my pain but I also have a large ovarian cyst and they thought my pain was from that so not sure now, but this bubbling and gurgling is awful , i really am not wanting to eat again , I will give them a ring on monday they wanted me to ring them anyway to see how I got on at the gynaecologist on friday .

so overall at the minute a bit of a demic really :(

just wondered whether anyone had experienced this or knew what it was

xxxx

sure there will be someone, its quiet tonight dont seemed to be many on. Since its moved over to wls than just minis its not as busy think it will take a while to get as busy as before x hope you get it sorted its a major worry if your thinking about ot eating that will do you no good x

Hi helen

Im no expert on the bypass as a bander but I have had a large ovarian cyst. I was 20 weeks pregnant when I had mine removed due to the pain I was suffering. The cyst could have grown or could be twisting and getting in the way. I was off food for ages with mine.

Its all could be's I know but I really hope you get it sorted soon x

hi Helen, I am only 6 weeks post op but I have had the gurgling thing quite alot. I do think its because I've eaten too quickly or the wrong thing and then I get the washing machine in my tummy effect. It makes me feel sick and windy. Our taste buds change so much after the bypass. Have you tried some wind relief stuff?? I know that when I get trapped wind it is really, really painful. I would put it on a par with labour pains! LOL.

Don't know what else to suggest but hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Andrea , yeh i thought about that too, so I have made a real effort to eat slowely and I have definately eaten the right foods even one hovis cracker did it today and drinks , whats all that about , I really dont think I could eat smaller bites or eat any slower than I have been doing, I have never had a problem at all really with anything since my bypass.

It might be what u said but omg if it is I wont be able to eat ever again cos I cant stand it :(

Thankyouxx

Hi Terri

long time no speak , hope u r ok hun , i must admit i have missed you

not gall stones i had my gall bladder out 2 years ago , im awkward i know lol

thankyou anyway xxx

Hi hun

I'm only ever at the of a pm on here or on facebook. Message me anytime x x xx

Congrats on the weightloss x

Hope you get it sorted soon, sounds horrid.

I knew it wasn't gall stones as the pain and sickness from gall stones is more horrendous than any pain you'll ever experience from child birth...

Here's hoping you get your answers soon and get back to feeling good and eating properly again xxx

This sounds a bit mad but are you eating enough?

it sounds like hunger pains, and the gurgling and stuff could be connexted, as if I have not eaten for a while and then eat I get something similar to this. Its like the stomach over reacting to the food.

Its just a thought, if you say you only had one hovis cracker...was that all day?

Hi all

i had my gastric bypass 5 months ago and not had any problems at all till last week :(

Last monday i started with quite bad upper bdoinal pain , that has f=gone now coming back only occassionally i am now having problems eating and drinking , every time i eat or drink my stomach gurgles and bubbles (might be my bowel not sure|) it does it so loud others in the romm can hear it, this makes me feel really sick and horrid, im not going to eat anything now as its driving me mad, i am not eating anything i have eaten before and I have made a conscious effort to eat slowely and very small amounts, it doesnt seem to matter what I eat and its doing it, I havnt actually been sick.

Its fine when not eating and drinking no sickness or anything :(

helen

xxxxxx
Thankyou xxx

Hi Helen,

Sorry to hear you have not been well and I was wondering have you heard of Bezoars, it is a possbility that you may have the human equilvent of fur balls as they can occur in people who have had gastric bypass surgery.

They can cause symptoms such as you mention above. Always best to check these things out with your doctor, as the very least it will put your mind at reast instead of worrying.

Have a read here at this article about them. I found it very interesting....

Bezoars

—Your cat isn’t the only one with a hair ball

7%20Stomach%20Bezoars.gif
Bezoars are the human equivalent of a hair ball.
After gastric bypass surgery some indigestible items can accumulate in the stomach and form a small ball of material which can cause vomiting, a feeling of satiety, weight loss, nausea, and can lead to ulcers or an obstruction.
Bezoars can grow and grow and grow, and cause further problems. Small bezoars can pass spontaneously, or with the help of some medications, but most of the time a gastroenterologist will need to either put a scope down and pull them out or fracture them into smaller pieces. Sometimes they are refractory to this therapy and need to be removed surgically. If you develop a bezoar then you have a high likelihood of developing further bezoars. Four types of bezoars

The four types of common bezoars are: phytobezoars, which are composed of vegetable material; trichobezoars which are composed of hair; pharmacobezoars, which are composed of medications; and lactobezoars, which are composed of baby formula or whey products. For gastric bypass patients, phytobezoars are the most common, followed by pharmacobezoars. Occasionally a bypass patient will develop a lactobezoars, and these are usually patients who are taking whey protein supplements in very concentrated quantities.
Undigested vegetable matter is the most common culprit, which is why a number of surgeons ask their patients who have had RNY not to eat celery, prunes, raisons, beets, persimmons, pumpkins, and grape skins (I like grape skins in the form of wine—they make a Zinfandel a nice red color—unless you are like my dad, who prefers white zinfandel, which is made by leaving the grape skins out of the vat). There are a few things that are very hard to digest early on – bananas, oranges, pineapples, and other pulp laden fruit.
A number of agents cause pharmacobezoars, the most common culprits are antacids, some fiber laxatives, Cholestyramine®, Sucralfate®, but there are a host of others. Again—just because one pill is good for you doesn’t mean the whole bottle is better
Soource: Roux en Y Gastric Bypass (RNY) Weight Loss Surgery information in Phoenix Arizona (AZ)

Omg Grape skins!!!!I eat shed loads of grapes every week:eek::eek:Hope you get sorted soon Helen;):D

Back