• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP

sugga

Im starting pre op diet tomorrow. I was told to either maintain or lose for when i go back on the 22nd for pre op. Im 4lb up so got a week and half to lose as much as i can. Im starting slim fast in the morning with milky coffees and soups. Its so hard because i feel hungry all the time.
Im going to the gym too, oh its so difficult and im getting so fed up. Sorry for going on and on and on, but its liquids from the morning. I cant risk him taking me off the list at this stage. Its been an eternity since first seeing the doc in JANUARY. Ill keep you all posted and thanks for all your support x

I really feel for you but I'm sure you can do it. I also have a hard slog ahead of me but I'm sure we can do it ;)

easy for me to say as i'm far post op now, but as most people know by now, i'm blunt and to the point, so here goes.......this pre-op diet is for your own good, it shrinks the liver...this bit you know....also this bit you'll know, if you don't have a sufficiently small liver, the surgeon will not do your surgery....now, look at this pre-op diet this way, it's TWO WEEKS of the strictest diet you'll ever have to do....ONLY TWO WEEKS...suck it up, get back on it, and DO IT, you don't need me to tell you the benefits of this surgery, my stats below this speak for themselves, as do everyone elses, IT'S LIFE CHANGING, and YOU CAN DO IT

i hope not too harsh, but I want you to succeed as well as i have ;)

Hi Sugga. Yes it is hard, but you can do it. If it helps (and it did me) do a pre-op diet diary on here. I'll look every day and try to encourage you.

But as Marky says, yes, it's tough but it's the last diet you will eve do and it's SO worth it! So grit your teeth and go for it!

Morning everyone, thanks Marky, Charis and Jmo for your replies. You are all right with your advise.
If i only had a few weeks to wait before my operation i would be fine, but even though my pre op date is on the 22 Sept i am on the waiting list which is between 3 to 6 months. Thats a long time isnt it to be trying to lose weight for surgery. Then 10 days of milk and yogurt before the op.

Well on a positive note, iv started a mainly fluid plan today because as i mentioned before they will weigh me at me pre op appointment and im about 4lb up from the last weigh in and i was told not to put any weight on. Going to the gym later on as well.
The more weight i can lose on my own will only benefit one person and that is me. The op will not be as dangerous and i wont have has much to lose afterwards too. Thankyou again guys x CAN I DO IT..... YES I CAN x

You can definatly do this hun and it is so worth it. As Mark says easy for me to to say a year post op but be inspired by our success and when it gets hard look at some of the before and after pics and think that will be me soon. My pre op diet was a low fat low carb diet for 2 weeks and it was only to shrink my liver not about weight loss. Good luck hun xx

Back