• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH Help?

thank you all for your help, hopefully not long now :) nothing is going to stop me getting this op xx

That's gr8 news x

everthing went great :D he was concerned about my weight gain but said i was still under target and i have to stay the same or lose, if i gain it will be cancelled. i have my endoscopy in 6 weeks then be put on the waiting list :D im finally moving after a year being stuck :D .. i even had a lady from ITV sat in the oom with me asking if i would like to be filmed for a documentary.. i didnt want to be filmed lol x
Good news, the lady concerned actually watched my operation, I know that they are planning to do something on bariatric surgery in the near future Pauline x

Good news, the lady concerned actually watched my operation, I know that they are planning to do something on bariatric surgery in the near future Pauline x

Did she just watch or did they record your surgery? X

Hya chick when i went 4 my pre op i gained 8lb and she said if a dont get it off b4 my op he can actually cancel the op, i managed to lose it on the liver diet but i wud try ya best to lose it better to be safe than sorry xx

It's great that it went well for you - you'll be just a few weeks behind me.

That's one more step closer.

yeah he said the same to me that if i gain by the pre op they can cancel he surgery, im going to do everything i can to lose it again x

fantastic news gemma hopefully this'll be the kick up the butt you've needed! x

yeah i think it is, i lost nearly 3st when i had a date to work towards but after i thought i wasnt getting the op, and things got stuck i gained. anybody else get this? x

gemma-lou88 said:
yeah i think it is, i lost nearly 3st when i had a date to work towards but after i thought i wasnt getting the op, and things got stuck i gained. anybody else get this? x

A load easier to lose with a target in mind. Without it, it can be a real struggle! Good luck! You can do it x

well done Gemma, but don't rest on your laurels now. If you can lose more before the endoscopy do so, but don't put on or they will delay you. It happened to me as I'd had a band removed and when I had the endoscopy 5 months later to check all was ok to proceed to bypass, I'd put 3 kg on...they didn't take into account I'd been unable to eat with the band to being back to normal again.

I wasn't seen for 6 months and when I was, Mr Schroeder spoke to me like I was an imbecile and threatened me that if I was 1 gram over the target weight they set me, I'd be discharged...he then set me a very hefty target.

I actually got 2.5 kg under that target, but at the end of the day, they hold all the cards and they will carry out their threats of discharging you if you gain weight. The day I went for my pre op, the nurse said 'oooh, I've just been reading your notes...have you lost weight?' she was really worried for me but I'd decided after my consult with Mr Schroeder that if anyone was going to be cancelling the op, it was going to be my decision, not his!!!

I think that's what spurred me on :cool:

go for it girl...you really can do it xx

Red 42 said:
well done Gemma, but don't rest on your laurels now. If you can lose more before the endoscopy do so, but don't put on or they will delay you. It happened to me as I'd had a band removed and when I had the endoscopy 5 months later to check all was ok to proceed to bypass, I'd put 3 kg on...they didn't take into account I'd been unable to eat with the band to being back to normal again.

I wasn't seen for 6 months and when I was, Mr Schroeder spoke to me like I was an imbecile and threatened me that if I was 1 gram over the target weight they set me, I'd be discharged...he then set me a very hefty target.

I actually got 2.5 kg under that target, but at the end of the day, they hold all the cards and they will carry out their threats of discharging you if you gain weight. The day I went for my pre op, the nurse said 'oooh, I've just been reading your notes...have you lost weight?' she was really worried for me but I'd decided after my consult with Mr Schroeder that if anyone was going to be cancelling the op, it was going to be my decision, not his!!!

I think that's what spurred me on :cool:

go for it girl...you really can do it xx

Heck!! He's my surgeon and I've never met him yet. Hope he is nicer than he sounds lol. Get my op in 9 days xx

Heck!! He's my surgeon and I've never met him yet. Hope he is nicer than he sounds lol. Get my op in 9 days xx

he's got a nice bedside manner, he took my band out but when he's giving you a bit of a pep talk in the clinic he's a mean dude :( in the end, it was Mr Balapuri who did my bypass...I think it depends on what day you have your op as to who you get.
I had to be quite specific with my op date due to Uni commitments and term time holidays, they'd called me up last October but I couldn't have op until Christmas holidays. The ward staff were fab and boy did I scrutinize them (I'm a student nurse myself) and at the end of the day, the surgeons just want you to be in the best health and peak fitness for the op...that's why they're so strict with the weight loss targets.

Red 42 said:
he's got a nice bedside manner, he took my band out but when he's giving you a bit of a pep talk in the clinic he's a mean dude :( in the end, it was Mr Balapuri who did my bypass...I think it depends on what day you have your op as to who you get.
I had to be quite specific with my op date due to Uni commitments and term time holidays, they'd called me up last October but I couldn't have op until Christmas holidays. The ward staff were fab and boy did I scrutinize them (I'm a student nurse myself) and at the end of the day, the surgeons just want you to be in the best health and peak fitness for the op...that's why they're so strict with the weight loss targets.

My last visit was when i was put on the waiting list and they forwarded me a copy of the letter they sent to my GP which just said I'd done well with my weight and was 105kg so I was being put on the waiting list. I have my pre op assessment this Friday so I'm aiming to be under 105kg and I should be fine as I wasn't given a target. I've heard all the staff are lovely and really helpful. They have changed my surgeon a few times now I'm not fussed who I get they all seem nice and good at there jobs. Xxx

God yes!

I had an appointment last summer - Aug, and was keeping my weight steady. Then they cancelled it and gave me a date in Nov. I kind of thought to hell with it, and put on about a stone, which I then had to get back off again plus my target for Nov. Very stupid! :(

I can feel myself getting peed off with it all again after they told me that the dates were going to be longer than usual. It seems so far away that you think you'll just get it off again. If only it was that easy.

But - am going to go to my drs every couple of weeks now to get weighed so I can keep a better eye on my weight. It's free, and they'll give me a telling off if I start to slip! :eek:

I've just had a bypass on Tuesday at srh, and I can say from endoscopy stage to op they moved a lot faster than they said, and I thought. I had my endoscopy in Oct, and was offered my op for January. I know appointments seems miles away, but keep motivated with the weight loss in between so they don't catch you short with your preop and op dates. It's a stressful enough change to make to your life without worrying about having to make weight too!!
Good luck everyone....and persevere...it's worth it!!
Xx

Back