• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH Help?

gemma-lou88

I have been waiting near enough 2 year for my op and have an appointment with the surgeon on the 23rd of this month, last time i was there was January 2011. although i cant exactly remember what weight i was last year i think im around 8lb over :( i did lose 4lb, then came my monthly visitor (sorry tmi) and i gained another 2lb :( im currently struggling to lose it in time. from this appointment he wants to send me for an endoscopy (finally!) but im petrified he will knock my dates back for gaining, anybody have any experience on this? any ideas on what happens if you have gained? :( :(

at the beginning i seen the dietitian, i was then 21st 2lb, she said get to 20st, i got to 18st 10lb im now 19st 4lb :( i can only hope and prey everything will be ok, i know i can lose it when my monthly visitor leaves just she sticks around for quite a long time :(

I reached my target weight loss for the surgeons appointment but had only lost 1lb more by the time I had the endo and he said while I didn't have to lose more weight (although he wanted me to try) if I put even 1lb on he'd take me off the waiting list. Then I'd have to go back to see him again 3 months later for him to decide whether or not I could go back on the list.

I've since put on weight over xmas and desperately trying to get it off in case I get a phone call. You've got a week hun, I'd make every effort to drop a couple of pounds if you can - you don't want to make your journey any longer than it has to be x

i am trying my hardest, i know i wouldnt be getting this op in the first place if i didnt have trouble losing weight but i will be utterly gutted if i get knocked back again, i already got set back a year because of psycologist appointments. i am seriously getting stressed out and upset over this appointment :( :(

you are still under ya target tho... which was 20st? i think they go off that as they did with me? but they are very strict xxx

I'm sure you are hun, I've been trying for 15 years to lose weight but have just kept getting bigger and bigger. It isn't easy and none of us would be here if it was - all we can do is our best. BUT don't get stresses as that will only make it worse...

Drink stacks of water, replace snacks with fruit and eat 3 healthy meals a day and I'm sure you'll do just fine x

i had gained weight between last surgeon appt and endoscopy but was still under original set target of 5 kg i got a ticking off from mr schroeder who asked if i still wanted the op, to which i said yes as i was panicking i wouldnt even get through the door for the endo, but all went well and a few months on here i am done, dusted and heading in the right direction... its a long wait but worth it every step of the way i promise!

yeah my target given by the dietitian was 20st, she said if i get to the target of 20st that she would make sure i was put on the waiting list, i came back months later having lost 2 and a half stone and got sent to a psycologist :-S just hope they go off the target

yeah my target given by the dietitian was 20st, she said if i get to the target of 20st that she would make sure i was put on the waiting list, i came back months later having lost 2 and a half stone and got sent to a psycologist :-S just hope they go off the target
Sunderland are very very strick, however if you are under the weight set by the dietician you may be ok I put on 0.4 (but still under target weight) of a kilo on pre assessment and had to wait 6 days (becasue of xmas holidays) for someone to say they would still go ahead, thankfully they did but on the previso that I absolutely stuck to the pre-op diet. All you can do is be good until your appointment and remember that even when you have had your endo you still have to maintain it up to pre assessment Good Luck it will be worth it in the end x

it seems Cu16 (sorry don't know your name ) knows what she is talking about :) i think if your target was 20st and you are below this all should be ok but keep focussed and don't let anything pass your lips which could possibly spoil it for you :) take care and good luck xx

You could go on the milk diet or cambridge, not really the right thing to do but the weight will fall of you, then after your appointment just try to be good . xx

Are you getting weighed all the time? Because I was, and panicking myself every time it went up. Every time I get on the scales it's different - goes up and down by a couple of pounds within a week. Stupid to do that to yourself, but we're only human.

I had my endo today, and did slimfast for the last week - just for breakfast and lunch - to try and make sure that I was a little bit under from Nov when I last went. It turned out fine today, but I wasn't sure it was going to be.

I am finding it really hard to keep my weight stable too.

I am better once I have a date to work towards, but as soon as that date is gone, then I start slipping.

I hope it goes well for you - it's really really tough.

xx

i only get weighed once a week at boots, i refuse to buy scales for home or i'd be on them every day lol im not sure its gonna be ok but i am just hoping it will be. my last appointment with the sugeon was January 2011 and i had a gain, then came back with a 2 and a half stone loss but it was too late as they had allready sent me to a phsycologist, which i can see happening again :(

everthing went great :D he was concerned about my weight gain but said i was still under target and i have to stay the same or lose, if i gain it will be cancelled. i have my endoscopy in 6 weeks then be put on the waiting list :D im finally moving after a year being stuck :D .. i even had a lady from ITV sat in the oom with me asking if i would like to be filmed for a documentary.. i didnt want to be filmed lol x

well done Gemma you must feel much happier now :) so best foot forward and don't put anything in that will stop you getting op xx

thats great it wont take long now xx

Back