• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

Wendy1

Feeling so sad today:cry:second day of liver reduction diet, hungry and have to do this for three weeks, what can i do to take of hunger? Partner of 23yrs walked out yesterday,:break_diet: said this op has put too much strain on us, im doing all the hard work so on my own for op Kids have grown up and left home i feel so lonely,but need to keep my spirit up:sigh: hate men at the moment HELP:(

Oh dear Wendy, sorry to hear your partner has gone at such a stressful time for you!

The best thing I can advuse is to keep active to take your mind off things, post on here, bit of pampering (bubble bacth etc).

Dont feel lonely, we are all here even if its just virtually x

Ah Wendy love, I'm so sorry. What is it about men?! some of them are just plain.....&8*^$%£s!

If that's his attitude, maybe you're best without him? Whatever happened to, 'for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, for better, for worse'?
The number of people who don't take relationships seriously and just bale out at the first sign of trouble.......it really gets my goat!

Hopefully when all this is over, you will find the kind of man who will cherish love and DESERVE you!

Is it the milk diet you're on pet? The first days are hard, after day 3, I promise it does get better.
You're NOT on your own. We're here to help and stand beside you, all the way. I will hep in any way I can. Bless you.
Sending huge hugs and love. xxxx

:wave_cry:Hi Wendy,
Sorry you're having to deal with a partner jumping ship:mad:
Well if you need to set sail solo-so be it - we'll be here for you:)

I'm also from Halifax originally so I know you're made of strong stuff:D
Be extra strong kind to yourself on the liver diet for the next couple of days-
after that it tends to get easier & (I found) less emotional

:grouphugg:

massive massive hugs for you hun, it sounds like you sure need one right now xx

Thanks guys might try bubble bath not milk diet charis but very very restricted can only have third pint milk not sure what that is in litres so guess its about 100mls not much just enough for drinks.Must tell my self i am a nice person

Hello Wendy and welcome.

Firstly, you keep telling yourself you are a nice person over and over!

I am so sorry your partner has walked out at such a crucial time for you. It can't be easy at any time but just before your surgery is doubley upsetting and indeed cruel.

Stick to your milk diet and trust in yourself to do this. Your surgery should be your starting block to a new you and a new life. When you have lost all your weight and are looking truly gorgeous, lets hope you bump into him and you will simply think 'eat your heart out buddy, look what you are missing'. I know its no consolation at present, but time is a great healer. You have a life changing journey fast approaching and you need to be ready to grasp it with both hands.

It does sound like he is not sure about you having this surgery and you need to ask yourself why. Is he going to feel insecure when you are slim? Either way his timing was S**** more than a tad selfish and you deserve more from him than that.

Honey, you keep focused and embrace this chance of a new you. We will all keep our fingers crossed for you, come back fighting and hope you find someone who takes the good with the bad.

Linski xxxx

Ohhhh hun my heart goes out to you.Keep your chinup coz life gets so much better when you start to loose weight and feel better about yourself.Men can be so self centred. Your not alone coz there is always someone around on here to give you support.
Keep going with the diet hun

Jo
xx

You will feel less hungry as you go along, stick with it.

Im sorry your partner left, butif he cant handle it its probably best he goes now rather than drag it out and makethings worse for both of you. Sadly a lot of relationships break up due to the whole weightloss and surgery thing. You will get through this a stronger person and find someone right for you.

I really feel for you hun, it must be really hard for you at the moment. I will tell you though that the pre-op diet will get easier, you will find as the time goes on you wont think about food as much. Like others have said, pamper yourself a bit and stay in touch on here.....we are all here to support you....good luck hun XX

Aww sorry to here you are going through a rough time.

Im not the one to try and cheer you up just now because im equally stressed at the moment, but as iv been telling myself all day, we will get through this and when we look back in time to come we will smile to ourselves and think just look at me now. Huggs xxxx

Thanks you lot there must be people worse of than me, going to chew some suger free gum and see if that helps, I would love a biscuit, but i wont x

Firstly beautiful lady there is 568mls in a pint of milk so don't give yourself a short serving, just about 185mls :)

Secondly congratulations on losing the biggest lump of lard you have! I'm sorry your sad right now but if he couldn't stick around to support you then he does not deserve you. You are a strong woman and this time in your life is all about you, it's time to stop giving of yourself and start taking.... So embrace your milk diet, use the time before your op to prepare as well for when you return home after surgery and make plans to get some support from the rest of your family during this period!

You will survive and you will come out of it even stronger and more beautiful than ever... if you need someone to off load too then we are all here for you. I know exactly how your feeling right now after having a 22 yr relationship go tits up 5 years ago... Girl power xx

what a shmuck :mad: maybe its a blessing in disguise though? A fresh start and a new confidence!

i know id turn to food so its really good youre sticking to you pre op diet :) ive not had my wls yet, so cant really advise on the hunger, but these forums are fantastic for finding out how others have coped with certain situations, just use the search function at the top right.

all the best x

Hi Wendy

So sorry that you`re having such a rought time, things can only get better............... and better!

Take care on the pre-op, very hard to start with, but I promise it gets better!

Sending big hugs Wendy :grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::girlpower::talk017::talk017::hug99::hug99: Take care hun xx

Love and Best Wishes Kat xx

I am sorry to hear about the break up of your relationship. Just concentrate on you right now. I am on day 2 of the pre op diet too so can sympathise. Keep going - it will be worth it.

tranquil

Last edited:
Aw it can't be easy after 23 years to have your partner walk out us women always seem to pay the price for men and their insecurities! You can do this hun you are a strong lady and we are at your side to keep you propped up along the way! The pre op diet is tough but it is so worth it and once you get over the first few dfficult days it will get easier. Big hugs hun and if you need a chat feel free to pm me xx

I completely understand where your coming from do you have any girlfriends to take out out of your house and go dancing! that will kick your blues

Back