• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soz please help need advice

pinkylin

The last few days ive been really really hungry im 6 and a half months post op and today ive had
breky 1 peice of small toast
lunch 2 babybell and a small bowl of homemade chicken curry and 2 melb taost and a plum
tea more chicken curry small bowl again and 2 melba toast now that was 20mins ago and im still hungry

is the reason for this coz im not eatin stodge?allthough ive had curry there was no rice or potatoes with it it was just the chicken and sauce so maybe this is why im hungry still or is it coz over time your pouch does stretch/grow a lil bit i knw its not head hunger coz i could still eat without feeling sik but im not goin to coz im terrified i will put the weight back on and i dont want that.

Or could it be that im just having a hungry day coz i do still get days where im not hungry at all and strugle to eat is what im feeling normal i will maek sure i ask these questions when i go to the hosp on friday coz i really am stressing myself out with the thought of it all goin back on please god dont let it coz i dont think i could cope not after goin through all this just to end up back where i was or bigger lin.x:mad:

if you are really hungry and have tried having a hot or cold drink - then eat something healthy :)

I don;t honestly think that this whole surgery thing is about depriving yourself for ever more. I honestly do eat when I am hungry and am still losing - albeit slowly :)

Stop worrying Lin! I dont think your eating enough at your meal times. I always eat until i'm full no matter what the amount but dont snack inbetween meals. Im also like you sometimes i can eat a fair bit and sometimes i get full after afew mouthfuls. If i were you i'd eat bigger portions and see if this works and keeps the hunger at bay. At 6 months i did notice that i could eat alot more and did! Since then i have still gone on to lose another 4 stone so try not to worry to much xxx

I wouldnt worry too much Lyn i'm 8 months post op and get very hungry days and my portions are definatly bigger than before! I have my three meals and i snack too, i've lost 8 stone so far! Everyone is different and i agree its not about depriving yourself. You are doing well so try not to worry xx

thank you all so much guys maybe it is the portions i need to increase i did try the drink thing first cold first then hot but was still hungry so i waited about an hour after the drinks and then i had a lil more curry only a few more spoonfulls lol but i think tomoz i will defo if hungry up my portion size as for snax i dont realy have any to b honest i norm just do the 3 meals thing but i have been told i must add two snax so maybe this is why the hunger thing is kikn in plus i did go along time betwenn breky and lunch breky was at 7.40 and lunch was 1 so i think maybe thats where i have gone wrong today i dont norm do that but i went bk to bed coz ive had the most horrendous sinus headache all day only just lifting sligthly now do u think that might of givin me a bigger appetite today lol

I've not yet had my op so my advice doesn't come from experience but could it not be that now u're losing weight so therefore more active, you are burning more fuel & building up an appetite?!

Only a suggestion...

Your doing just fine! me lil chicken. Gail xxx

thanx jmo and gail.x

Hiya,

I agree with Gail - you're doing good! I'm only a couple of weeks ahead of you and I have hungry-hungry days too. I also seem to be able to eat a lot more now.

Because I was constantly snacking I'm now trying to eat more filling things if I do have a snack, to start with babybels or a bit of Philly was great but now it doesn't touch the sides so I'm better with something more solid then I don't keep troughing.
x

thanx porpo yesterday was mad im wondering if havin a really bad sinus headache could make me so hungry lmao or now i think about it it could of been that i was really thirsty doh dozey me why didnt i think of that yesterday mind you what i did eat wasnt fattening i finished of my chick curry in the end but it was only a baby bowl and it was homemade curry so no greece in it as long when i am havin hungry days i stick to non fattening foods i think i should be ok and wont gain will i?

I would think that should be fine. If you're really worried you could keep an eye on calories - I'm trying not to do that unless i'm having a bad day though.
x

cheers hun i defo think its coz of the extra excercise ive been doin that mmade me hungrier yano coz today ive not done much excercise and ive not been very hungry so im not worried as much now lol plus i went for my 2nd check up and he sed everythn is fab and im doin well so thats gud news plus he sed he doesnt think im eating enough he sed i should be having breky then a mid morning snack healthy ofcourse then lunch then an afternoon snak then tea then supper if im still hungry he sed whatever you dont starve yourself so i was defo not eatin enough coz i was only havin breky lunch n tea and maybe 1snack lol

i have days were i can eat loads and days were i can hardly eat anything, its weird aint it lol.. if im havin a hungry days ill try and eat more fruit and veg. xx

thanx hun it is weird like today for instence hardley eatin a thing and dont feel very hungry either lol

Back