• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!

L0ckerz

It doesnt matter what I do or what I eat my weight has stayed the same since August im so disheartened im eating child like portions of healthy food an loose nothing iv tried to eat a little more incase I wasnt eating enough! Even Sally at THG us confused as to why im not loosin any weight just constantly staying the same... any tips or tricks? X

It's frustrating when this happens.

Post up an honest typical days food and drink intake in case we find you are eating too much slider-type food.

The best type of food to eat is food that gets stuck if you don't chew properly - eg chicken, meat, fish. Crispbreads, wholemeal toast are good

Basic question - what is your current BMI - where are you in your weightloss journey - have you perhaps got to your 'natural' weight?

Other things to try:
Join a slimming club for the discipline and support.
Increase / vary your exercise.
Check with your provider whether a fill is due.
Increase your liquid volumes (calorie-free)

Today iv have

breakfast - 2 boiled eggs
Lunch - lettuce, onion, baby plum tomatoes & tuna with light mayo (1/2 bowl in total)
Dinner - homemade bolognaise (made with quorn) full of peppers onions mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. (Small bowl full)

Drinks 6 x 500ml bottle of water

Unsure on my bmi but im 16 stone 2 and 5ft 7

Xx

To be honest it doesn't sound like you are having enough calories.

Have you tried tracking what you eat on myfitnesspal, maybe that would help? x

Iv tried that also chick ... n I stayed at 16 stone 2! Lol. I have a face to face appointment with the dietician on the 19th of march at dolan park so we'll see whats what there x

What you are eating sounds healthy enough but I expect it isn't hard to eat? Not really slider foods, but the crunchier / chewier the food is, the better for us banders.

I'd look to exchange the bolognaise with grilled chicken breast, and add crispbreads to the breakfast or lunch.

Your BMI is 35, so still some downward movement should be expected (and hoped for!). If you had been nearer to 25, I'd have said you may have reached your body's ideal.

More protein and no carbs has been my way forward.

Every now and then I do a couple of days on the pre-op milk diet.

Have you lost size if no weight as this is what happened to me for a while.

I eat carbs ... Any sort ... Just not lots of them because I focus on protein first generally ... my dietician actually told me off in the early days for trying to eliminate carbs...so I decided to stick with their advice. I have lost over 10 1/2 stones with my band since I had it in July 2011 and have been maintaining successfully now for 11 months ... So taking the 'balanced' approach has worked fine for me. We are all different though :sigh: x

I agree with flutterby. This is a lifestyle change. Some people choose to cut things like bread pasta etc. you just need to find what works best for you. For me what works best is cutting it some days and not others.

Yep, I actually lost weight best when I ate more sensibly 5 days a week, and really upped my consumption calories/carb-wise two days a week ... It's definitely boosted my metabolism. When i track (dont do it all the time now) I tend to need around 1600-1700 calories a day to maintain ... Having said that I have been on a training course for the last three weeks and from doing the mental arithmetic in my head I know I have been having over 2000 calories a day from more carbs/fat ... And I have not put on any weight in those three weeks ... Happy days :)

That's fab hon. I don't cal count but I know from previous diets that I'm generally around the 14-1600 range with a couple of higher days. This works for me.

I reckon its like the fasting diet that's all the rage at the moment, but just not as extreme ... And I fell into it, rather than planning it. In essence I feel I have achieved my healthy balance that I can carry on for the rest of my life, because I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. If I want it, I have it ... Just less as knowing i have my band, reminds me not to push things or i could damage it/myself.

I reckon its like the fasting diet that's all the rage at the moment, but just not as extreme ... And I fell into it, rather than planning it. In essence I feel I have achieved my healthy balance that I can carry on for the rest of my life, because I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. If I want it, I have it ... Just less as knowing i have my band, reminds me not to push things or i could damage it/myself.

That is exactly how I feel. I think as I do five days rather than 2 I can eat as much as my bypass will allow. And I don't have that constant need to snack. Like you this is my normal pattern of eating really.

What you are eating sounds healthy enough but I expect it isn't hard to eat? Not really slider foods, but the crunchier / chewier the food is, the better for us banders.

I'd look to exchange the bolognaise with grilled chicken breast, and add crispbreads to the breakfast or lunch.

Your BMI is 35, so still some downward movement should be expected (and hoped for!). If you had been nearer to 25, I'd have said you may have reached your body's ideal.

LOL I could not have eaten crunchy foods if my life depended on it. A boiled egg was causing me extreme pain. I could only eat slider foods and still no weight loss living on soups and yogurts.

Even now... It has been 8 months since my surgery and I expected to lose a modest 5-7lbs a month, but as you can see weight loss haulted a long time ago.
PS lovely to *see* you again :) Lovely to see all of you again but not so lovely to hear lots of people struggeling :(

Just worked out it has been 36 weeks since surgery...

Back