• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

Thanks Frankie & 2nd Timer!

I don't think I'm dumping.....and it could be me and my habits, as I always led down on the sofa after meals....mostly because I was overrating every day and was soooo full! I also used to get pains in my back and sides whilst sitting up.....God what a state I was in!!!!

Love my bypass so much!! Finally starting to really see and feel different. I haven't been this weight since being 20 yrs old, so it feels good!!!

We planned on going to the beach today but typically I feel crap! Off to bed now until 12 and hopefully we can retrieve the day!!!

Are you both ok? X

It might be worth speaking to a dietician hon, you shouldn't be falling asleep after meals.

I agree with Yve here Ceecie. It's not like you are still eating the same types or amounts of food that you were so no you shouldn't feel like thus or feel crap after eating ;) xx

Hehehe Lilac :p xx

Hopefully you 'know' me well enough by now to take this in the good caring spirit it is meant - I know from my own experience of shedding a mere 7.5stone to get near a healthy BMI and a normal frock size, that the body and mind takes quite a battering to adjust. So for you awesome super-losers it has to have been even more punishing on the system. I know it is all relative, but props to you three amazing ladies (and all other supers) for embracing the journey with humour, determination and wisdom. You will never fully know just how inspiring I find it reading your shared experiences and the hurdles you overcome. You all look amazing, and like me have just started the rest of your lives. Who'd have thought that loosing weight could be so utterly life-changing. It's been just over a year since my first scary appointment with my scary surgeon - I did not believe him, as I was convinced I would be the one person it didn't work for, but how wrong was I! Love and light ladies xxxx

To be honest lilac until now I didn't really have that much if an issue. Now however I'm running into the head troubles. I see myself as still very very big. But I'm in size 12 so I can't be. And I can't get my head around that. 16-18 was easier because in my mid it was still plus size. But 12 is not and I can't reconcile it.

To be honest lilac until now I didn't really have that much if an issue. Now however I'm running into the head troubles. I see myself as still very very big. But I'm in size 12 so I can't be. And I can't get my head around that. 16-18 was easier because in my mid it was still plus size. But 12 is not and I can't reconcile it.

As I said to you in private I'm with you on this Yve. When I was a size 20/18 bottom my head still saw me as being massive. Now that I'm a comfortable 14 top & 16 bottom I still see myself as being very very big which can't be true but as I get into those smaller sizes I convince myself that I have done so because they must be "big made" which is total rubbish because when I buy them I look at them on the hanger I spend a few minutes just coaxing myself to try them on even though they look tiny!! :confused:

I still try on 16s first. Today my hairdresser commented that I looked more like a 12 now. I was shocked.

I still try on 16s first. Today my hairdresser commented that I looked more like a 12 now. I was shocked.

Yep I do this too but will take both sizes into the changing room and I never try the smallest first! Urggghh

I can't wait to be saying that too. Lol! My Husband has lost a lot of weight over the last few years and he says he still does the same thing sometimes too, he doesn't think about it, just goes to the size he's always bought before, like he's on auto pilot. Hehe!

1 week on Thursday and my life will change forever!!!!

:D:D:D

I'm the opposite ladies!!! I try and cram everything into a smaller size so it lasts longer!! Went shopping today and comfortably got into a size 22 dress and 24 top.....my partner insisted I take 26/28's too. I think he was emotionally scarred after trying on 30/32 clothes and they didn't fit!! We left Evans so many times without one piece of clothing....I guess he still worries I will leave disappointed.....but NO, I'm so excited at my new wardrobe!! :)

Thanks ladies for sharing ... I totally agree with you. I can't adjust to my new size and get everything in three sizes. I was ellated beyond anything when I reached a 14/16. Then a 12/14 was beyond belief - normal! I realised that I could buy any item of clothing I wanted, in a normal store without any question. Wooooo! Now I'm in a 10/12 and panicking that those amazing 12/14s are too big ... AND, I'm starting old habits of thinking "I won't take them to charity as I expect I'll put the weight back on one day" which of course I may as that is usual 3-4years post surgery, to gain a couple of stone. THEN, and this is huge, I'm now getting on the scales and panicking that I've lost another lb ... What's that about?!

The head thing is without question I far bigger challenge than the physical - the physical I think from my experience is enormous for the first 6-9 months post op while the body adjusts and we learn what we can have etc. I have so much to say about the head ... Not least how emotional I now get thinking back to this time last year when I was preparing for my op in July ... And It seems surreal that I was that person, and who is this new me?

I won't go on as I don't want to hyjack Ceecie's thread here, but I'm saying that although I'm not a super, I really do relate to a lot of your experience, and Terrilou I'm so excited for you hun - you have no idea xxxx

It is exciting dropping down through the sizes. How ever I am at the stage where mine has gone back up again did get down to an 18 but my thighs and hips have changed again and am now back to 20 hip maybe even 22 with some things yet 18 tops still fit. It is alarming yet when I look in the mirror it doesn't look too bad but I am good at wearing things that show no lumps and bumps. I am cross at myself but am living a normal life. The head does play awful tricks. YOu look at things hanging up and so get a bigger size and like that's just been said above when you try them on they are too big and you need the smaller size which is great. The head is a strange thing. I have eaten healthily for so long only my portion size and alcohol were the main factors of weight gain. Now I drink a lot less maybe only once a fortnight and no where near what I used to. My food intake revolves around fruit n veg and protein with some carbs. I do have treats one or 2 too many of late. My shifts are not helping, lone working is a killer, cuppa n biscuit is so easy to do. I have given all my clothes to charity over the last 2 1/2 years. I have a wedding coming up I had a lovely dress for ,my daughters wedding last March tried it on the other day top half lovely bottom half tight can see my thighs where pants go in and tight round bum, guna have to work hard and not buying anything new till I have to. So will have to wait before I decide if I need a new dress or not not sure what I want would love to wear that dress again its a lovely windowlene/purple colour. Need to step up the exercises IF ITS TO BE WORN. I wish I could have had the opportunity to get down to try 14-16 sizes and lower but my dream was not to be, which really was a fear in the early days before my op. I think that's why the hospital were so pleased with me when I was discharged. I have still lost over 9 stone. Hope fully I will be able to keep that off but the fight is definitely on. Some people at the strat of their weight loss have not eaten the correct food so the start of a new eating regime can create marvellous results, and with our ops as well can help us go further than ever imagined possible, unfortunately for me I was only ever guna get so far. I do feel disappointed at times but have to remember the positives of that I have come down to a more acceptable size for society to accept me without knit picking at me or making rude comments. If I hjad to describe myself to people I would still say I am large and overweight. xxx Good luck girls with the journey ahead stick in grit your teeth and make the changes for life xx

I would disagree with something you've said there Chris, its not about what you eat at the start. I worked hard from day one, well before my op, and I have only continued to lose because I keep trying different things. I didn't do anything wrong, and I wasn't eating the wrong things, but bodies are different, and the choices we make are different.

It might be worth speaking to a dietician hon, you shouldn't be falling asleep after meals.
You haven't got sleep apnoea have you? When I put my weight back on quickly I got apnoea and it was only by having this I got my op! The weight on my neck made me stop breathing at night n I was sooooo tired in the day I could fall asleep on a clothes line. Wondering if the loser weight is sitting on your neck? Worth a thought xxx

As I said to you in private I'm with you on this Yve. When I was a size 20/18 bottom my head still saw me as being massive. Now that I'm a comfortable 14 top & 16 bottom I still see myself as being very very big which can't be true but as I get into those smaller sizes I convince myself that I have done so because they must be "big made" which is total rubbish because when I buy them I look at them on the hanger I spend a few minutes just coaxing myself to try them on even though they look tiny!! :confused:
Frankie I'm just the same!!! Weird isn't it :(

Back