• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

Looking fab Mrs and I'm loving that top xx

Looking amazing ceecie so proud of all you have achieved

Thanks ladies!

I've had my bloods done finally....no deficiencies whatsoever!! This is pretty amazing, as I haven't been taking my vits & mins or my calcium for months now. It's the only thing I'm not doing, so I must get into gear and make them a priority. I know in the next year or so my body will become depleted as I continue to lose weight and I could then have problems!

I'm at that stage where everyone is complimenting me. I've had "you don't need to lose much more" A LOT and disagreement when I've said I'd like to see if I can get into a size 12.....it's weird.....there's still not a place for me in the skinny crowd as yet, or so it seems.....
Has anyone else experienced this?

X

I think people are scared of loosing you ... And scared of how they will react to you if you change drastically (which you will) and become someone they are unfamiliar with. I've had this from my neighbours children (15, 11 and 8) - they went through a period of not being able to chat, and mum told me I was like a stranger to them, and they'd have to get to know me all over again. There is that child in lots of us. Oh yes!

Also, I've seen some of my friendships change ... Some out of resentment I guess, and others due to them not knowing who I am anymore which is pretty shallow. I am now used to blank stares and puzzled faces from people I haven't seen in a while, and I have gotten used to saying "do you know who I am?" which is very odd. One person the other week who I only know in passing said of course she recognised me as she connects with my voice, eyes, inner me, etc ... That was interesting. Just shows really how bodymass plays such a huge part in every day life interactions - most folks see what is in front of them (books and covers ...). I am guilty of this as I didn't instantly recognise someone I know who had gone blond the previous day ...

Oh, and tutt tutt Ceecie, take those pills. I know it's a drag but ... It has to be done due to the malabsorption the bypass causes which is one of the major 'benefits' of the bypass - plus the tiny stomach capacity and the disconnection of the hunger-driving hormones (PYY and Ghrelin). xxxx

LMAO!!!! I thought I'd got off lightly with your first message.....if there is one thing I can rely on, it's for you to be completely honest and tell me off when I need it!!!!

I'm defo going to make the effort from now on Hun, I know I'm pushing my luck big time ( which is so like me!)

I had my first alcoholic drink last night.....half a bottle of wine watered down and sipped over 3 hrs..... I really enjoyed it!!! I wasn't drunk, but felt that nice fuzzy warm feeling when you are just starting to feel the effect. I was smiling all night.....everyone around me wasn't however, they were literally waiting for me to either fall over or crap myself!!!! Ha!! :) xxx

Ceecie! Remember that a deficiency will show in your bloods only after it has started to do damage. And some of that damage is irreversible. You mustn't be lazy with you vits hon, honestly. I can't stress how important this is.

I have to take two Sanatogen A-Z Complete every day. They are huge and I wonder if I'm putting them in the wrong end ... I have only just in the last few weeks been able to swallow a whole one. I bought a pill splitter from the chemist and have been cutting them in half - it meant two gulps of water to swish down (plus two more for the other vit Ds and Iron) which was really hard at first but now a year on I can cope in reasonable comfort.

I won't as far as I know. I suspect only if I start to have problems. I do know that I feel tired from lack of b12 long before it shows on my bloods.

Thanks hun. My guidance notes from my team mention it ... Yeah, the B12 thing. I don't have the issues you and Frankie have. Do you know if it is more usual in super-lossers? In which case Ceecie you need to be aware... xxx

Thanks ladies!

I've had my bloods done finally....no deficiencies whatsoever!! This is pretty amazing, as I haven't been taking my vits & mins or my calcium for months now. It's the only thing I'm not doing, so I must get into gear and make them a priority. I know in the next year or so my body will become depleted as I continue to lose weight and I could then have problems!

I'm at that stage where everyone is complimenting me. I've had "you don't need to lose much more" A LOT and disagreement when I've said I'd like to see if I can get into a size 12.....it's weird.....there's still not a place for me in the skinny crowd as yet, or so it seems.....
Has anyone else experienced this?

X
Yes I did hun ..at eighteen and half stone when I had my balloon and hadn't even had my op! I was still very much still morbidly obese and only just got under 50BMI?!? & yes it used to pee me off something terrible. At first I told myself it's because people don't want me to put myself at risk from this op but it still continued afterwards :sigh:
I do think some people struggle to see the "big me" because I'm now so much smaller if that makes sense. Very much like we see the opposite bigger rather than smaller
People's attitudes towards me though have changed. I seem to be more approachable to them and this bugs me as well as I feel no different ..perhaps a little more confident yes but I was never a shrinking violet any way so why being thinner should make any difference lord only knows. I'm still ME!
It's weird too that both my sisters & mother have gone from being highly supportive to totally silent now and I believe that's because I am smaller than them now. That hurts a little because for all this years I have lived in awe of both sisters and never once felt jealous because they were thinner. I was always the BIG sister.
Then there is my aunt and uncle who think it's okay now to crack a joke or two about the weight I was before WLS ...now wtf is that all about?? I don't laugh along with them but I don't bite back either. Thankfully I don't see them that often to even worry about it.

I think people are scared of loosing you ... And scared of how they will react to you if you change drastically (which you will) and become someone they are unfamiliar with. I've had this from my neighbours children (15, 11 and 8) - they went through a period of not being able to chat, and mum told me I was like a stranger to them, and they'd have to get to know me all over again. There is that child in lots of us. Oh yes!

Also, I've seen some of my friendships change ... Some out of resentment I guess, and others due to them not knowing who I am anymore which is pretty shallow. I am now used to blank stares and puzzled faces from people I haven't seen in a while, and I have gotten used to saying "do you know who I am?" which is very odd. One person the other week who I only know in passing said of course she recognised me as she connects with my voice, eyes, inner me, etc ... That was interesting. Just shows really how bodymass plays such a huge part in every day life interactions - most folks see what is in front of them (books and covers ...). I am guilty of this as I didn't instantly recognise someone I know who had gone blond the previous day ...

My uncle when he saw me for the first time in months and months came into the room and said "now I know your face from somewhere?" I thought he was pulling my leg until it became clear after a couple of minutes he really hadn't a clue! After much hilarity once I told him it was me he said but you do look like someone I know?! :8855:

Oh, and tutt tutt Ceecie, take those pills. I know it's a drag but ... It has to be done due to the malabsorption the bypass causes which is one of the major 'benefits' of the bypass - plus the tiny stomach capacity and the disconnection of the hunger-driving hormones (PYY and Ghrelin). xxxx

Yes tsk tsk Ceecie I agree with everything Yve and Lilac says on you skipping those vits and minerals. You are really messing with fire there hun so start taking them religiously now. I'm due for a total blood check this week so fingers crossed all is back to normal but believe me I felt utterly crap six months ago.

Ceecie! Remember that a deficiency will show in your bloods only after it has started to do damage. And some of that damage is irreversible. You mustn't be lazy with you vits hon, honestly. I can't stress how important this is.

Exactly Yve ... Naughty Ceecie!

:)
Xxx

I never realised how weight had such an effect on our relationships Frankie.... It really is a complex issue. My mother has fallen silent since I became smaller than her....which has left me feeling a little empty tbh. My father on the other hand is brimming with pride and keeps getting tearful.... It's so difficult to know how to reassure one whilst celebrating with the other.

I guess our drastic changes make those around them question themselves, which may be uncomfortable for them. I think my mum may be a wee jealous also, yet refuses to lose any weight and I'm too scared to confront the issue!! Lol

I thought we were all happy.....but my sudden spot in the limelight seems to have caused some mutterings.....not that I can change it, the weight is coming off and that's that!! I do so hope all of our families and friends learn quickly to accept we are changing for the better and it's not a threat. I think most of us just want an easier and healthier life.... There's nothing vindictive in our motivations to lose weight. What's all the bloody fuss about??!!!!

I know from extensive psychiatric probings pre-op that my mother was to blame for my weight. She had me late in life, I was her only chance of a child, we both had a very difficult birth and we were lucky to make it. I was very underweight and poorly - she was told to feed her newborn to make her strong and 'healthy'. She did what she was told ... At that point in infancy my hunger controls were set ... At 12 years old and over 12 stone she took me to a private doctor to be put on amphetamines (Mr F is in his 60s and a world expert on bariatric surgery, and when I told him that he said that despite a working life in the 'business' every so often he would hear something that he'd never come across before!) and when I was about 14 she told me no boy would ever ask me out because I was so fat I looked pregnant ... My case rests!

My mum died on 22 August 2007 of lung cancer. She was 85 and had smoked 20+ a day since age 17. I cared for her so she could die at home. It nearly killed me too.

Back