• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

I will be 4 years out in August and I fart all the time some days are worse than others lol just something I have to put up with. x

Well well well....good news!

Yesterday: 2 slices boiled ham, 4 crackers with Philly, Activia yoghurt, strawberries, grapes, cashew nuts, 2xfaggots, veggies, 1new potatoe.

Today; 4 slices boiled ham, cous cous, coleslaw, Activia yoghurt, chicken breast, salad, pork sausage, boiled egg, cashew nuts, strawberries

I HAVE NORMAL POOH!!!!

I HAVE NO FARTING!!!!

I HAVE A BOYFRIEND AGAIN!!!!

Haha....I think it was the carbs......and maybe fruit pastilles...... :)

Banderbird where did you get that. It has had me almost wet myself with laughter that was great and just sums us all up I think lol thanks for that not the version I want the granddaughters to learn lol :)

Last edited:
I think sugar and fat definitely contribute and also because after bypass our bodies don't have the same process of the food breaking down as it would normally it smells so foul as does just going to the loo, its literally raw sewage. x

Yep, it's the fat hun defo! Probably from the 'naughties' rather than the main meals - is also responsible for the gurgling (along with sugar). It's called 'water rush' - after bypass our foods do not enter the processing unit (ie stomach) to be absorbed by the body in the normal way. They hit the small intestine instead now which is not designed to receive the 'nutrition' in that way. The body goes into panic and sends litres of fluid into the gut to purge (what it perceives as) foreign substances from the gut ... Creating gas in the process. It is one reason we need to keep fluids up and why we can feel light-headed and/or very tired after eating certain foods. it comes up in support month upon month. xxx

The answer seemed to be don't eat lol however I had very little to eat yesterday, I'm just taking the rope with the large anchor of my leg before i go to work. it wasn't just windy outside last night lol :)

You know ... innocent(ish) things, or so you would think ... Ritz crackers = 23% fat, and 8.8% sugar.

Agree with all that has been said about snacking. It is hard not to ... but the consequences of doing so are such a deterrent. Not just the dumping, foul wind, etc, but the return to bad habits along with which comes the potential weight gain ... Good luck everyone keeping focussed xxxx

Try to always read labels if you can too. They more often than not are a real eye opener. Ohhh and don't be sucked in by diet foods if they say low fat you usually find they have added more sugar to compensate for the loss in taste :( Low fat usually means a whole load of other nasties are added to try reproduce the taste ..you just can't win so I now just buy the normal and have less!

The humble plain Cornflake = 8% sugar. Fact! Shocking.

Us bypassers should aim for no more than 5% sugar ... Boring Cornflakes puts it into perspective doesn't it!

Last edited:
I feel much better!! No wind and I've lost 6lbs!!

Defo agree that we need to stop snacking, I ate over 700 cals last Saturday munching on corn snacks throughout the day ???

Starting to feel better now that I've increased my protein intake....I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I think I may be looking a little less haggard too....sure there's a difference over the past month!!! ?

Attachments

• image-2812065510.jpg
    image-2812065510.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1965260718.jpg
    image-1965260718.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 98
Back