• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg day 3 and need help already xx

Kirabear

Hi All,
Thanks for looking and coming to my aid hopefully lol xx
Im not day 4 tomorrow of my Pre Op diet .
I chose plan 2 but im dreading tomorrow thinking of eating more veg!!!

Im ok with breakfast and lunch its the dinner meals.
I work till 6.30 so would only eat approx 7pm so by that time im quite hungry.
Ive been having chicken with the one potato and veg(not root veg) and hte last 2 days havent enjoyed it at all.

Soooo anyone got any alternative ideas???

Was thinking of changing the potato for the rice or pasta but at only 2 tablespoons if worried that I wont feel fullish and want to cheat.
Not a lover of salad and its only green salad I can have, so limits me to lettuce and cucumber.

Also says gravy can be added to food, so does anyone know if you can substitute that for anything else?

Any help will be greatly received xxx
thanks in advance
Mandi xxx

Last edited:
If you are struggling you need to get in touch with your team, we cant tell you whats right or wrong I'm afraid. There are people on here that have had the same surgeon as you but its always best to check things with the professionals!

Hi Mazza
Thanks for the reply....Yes I do understand that about speaking to my team....
I already rang and spoke to them 3 times dont want to be a pain lol x
Just thought people in the same boat could offer a little advice :)

I had boiled eggs for dinner on my pre-op!

I cooked chicken in oven with stock cube and veg sliced potato on top really thinly it goes a long way if it's thin xxx

Oooo angie that sounds a good idea.
I was thinking if I could substute the gravy for another type of sauce.... think I will have to ring tomorrow and ask :)
Thanks

well I had low cal pre op about 800 per day I had chicken most days but also had very lean mince with own made sauce from tinned tomatoes garlic and tomato puree to thicken and some spaghetti it goes further than pasta I chopped it up really small after cooking it and mixed it in x it's really hard trying to think of different dinners but I think as long . as you don't have any creamy sauces you should be ok x if I can help just let me know

well I did but as I say it was low cal low fat and low carb so really wasn't too bad x there's really not many calls in tin of Tom's and you can add herbs to add taste :)

Hi All
Spoke to my team today and got a bit more info, unfortunately I cant have anything to substitute the gravy and no tinned tomatoes :(
On the plus side Angie I tried the cooking in the oven with the potato on top thin...and thanks very much is was yummy...:)
so think I will stick to that for the rest of the week.
Thanks again x

I'm glad you found something you enjoyed!

Pre and post op eating advice varies so much, its always best to check x

Well done on the loss and finding something . . .its a great motivator when we lose to keep us on track!

Well done and sorry about the Tom's but glad the chicken was ok xxx keep up the good work it will be worth it :)

I made a lovely curry last night with lean Lamb cut into small pieces, tin of tomatoes, courgette and mushrooms. I did use about 2 tsps of cornflower to thicken it slightly but felt this would have been better than something like gravy granules. I believe herbs/spices are free so I used a medium heat curry mix. It was lush. I had two tablespoons of rice, mixed in with more veg.

im on my first day for my pre op diet im doing the 2 shakes a day with a meal so far so good been drinking loads and keeping busy x

Well 2 weeks into my pre op diet and nearly lost 2 stone :))
I cant have toms but just having the stew type meal.

Just an idea for anyone out there on the diet .....

I can have 2tbsp of rice so instead of having it with my dinner Ive cooked it with my milk allowance to make a rice pudding...lush and filling too :) x

Well done, the rice pudding idea sounds good. How long are you doing the pre op diet?

well originally just over 2 weeks, but went to get my date on 5th Feb and they have said that they are lengthening all the diets so in total it will be nearly 6 weeks for me lol x

Back