• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!

loz1310

Feeling a bit deflated This week! I'm on my second week of the milk diet and have started to struggle. Had a toilet issue but took a laxative as can't do the fybogel. Did a silly thing and weighed myself every morning and the past 3 mornings I haven't lost an ounce. Does this usually happen?

Ive stuck to it but really want something tasty now. Is this a normal feeling while on the milk diet?

Feeling a bit deflated This week! I'm on my second week of the milk diet and have started to struggle. Had a toilet issue but took a laxative as can't do the fybogel. Did a silly thing and weighed myself every morning and the past 3 mornings I haven't lost an ounce. Does this usually happen?

Ive stuck to it but really want something tasty now. Is this a normal feeling while on the milk diet?

Try not to get too hung up on the scales during the milk diet. The majority of weight lost is water weight and the main purpose is to shrink your liver to make the surgery safe and easy to do :)

I would say that constipation was really difficult during the milk diet and for a few weeks after surgery but once you start introducing more foods, you will become regular again. Just think, nothing is going in so hardly anything is coming out!

Stay focused and think of your end goal. This time will pass x x

X

Last edited:
Still learning no this forum. It helps me come no on here and not feeling alone

Are you allowed something like Bovril? That made the difference for me in changing the tastes. I know someone really loved putting a chicken oxo cube in their milk as it made it taste like chicken soup! Put the scales away as LRD is not about losing weight, but shrinking the liver and you don't want to start on the bad habit of constant weighing after surgery. Losses after surgery will also be smaller than LRD losses so you could get disheartened very quickly.

Anyone's weight naturally fluctuates from day to day so daily weighing is not giving you a true picture. The weight does slow on the second week because the first week is mainly water loss. Also try and drink more water as it will help with the constipation and your metabolism.

Back