• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG Is this a sign of things to come?

Linski

I don't know what has happened to me over the past week! It took me 2 years to summon the courage to ask my GP to refer me for WLS. I have the most brilliant doctor but still I avoided the issue of my weight although he knows I have tried everything including appetite suppressants costing me £110 a month of internet which are now withdrawn ( he was not happy about this) slimfast,Tony Fergesun, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conely and just about every diet and pill or patch going. I have always carried my weight well (if there is such a thing lol) and always believed one day I would crack this diet thing and be slim and healthy and feel NORMAL. Well 35 years later I feel like a light has been switched on! I conceded that I am not going to do this on my own! I feel like I have wasted my life by being fat and feeling self concious, I mean on 2 occassions I have lost 10st and 7 stone and put the lot and more back on. Now suddenly I realise each day I am feeling the affects of the extra 10 st I am carrying and feel more unwell day by day. So my journey began, GP referral 20th June ( He never hesitated) heard nothing for 6 weeks so decided to chase. Surgery said the letter definatley went on 24th June to
Mr Khan at WM. I rang on the 4th Aug and was told they had recieved my referral that morning as it must have got lost? I was given an appointment for 18th @12.20pm. As I am inquisative and like to know whats what I searched Mr Khan and WLS @ WM and found this website. So my journey began!
After all my rambling my question is this:
"Is this Normal?"
I am so inspired by this site and indeed addited to reading the posts as for the first time I feel like someone understands ME.since last Wednesday my every waking hour is willing for my surgery(Please God)to come quickly and smoothly ( I am not kidding myself I know the journey will be long but at least I am hopefully on my way). I have worked for the past 38 years non stop, paid my due's and suddenly I feel this new found confidence and I am geared up to chase appointments etc with WM as yes I DO MATTER and I've not even had my first consulatation LOL!
So in a nutshell and after long ramblings.... I feel as though I have found 'something special' in all of you on here! I will come to your meeting after my initial consultation as I know you will all be my insperation.
I wish each and everyone of you success,health and happiness whether pre or post op.:wave_cry:

Oh and if you have a minute is what I am feeling normal?

Kindest regards to you all
Linski xxxx

oooo sweetpea what you feeling IS NORMAL!! hahhaha thats how we all feel! :) its a brill feeling to know that finally were doing something to try and conquer the biggest bain in all our lifes! im wishing you luck on your journey, and any question you have just shout, someone will always come along and help xxxx

Hi Linski and welcome. Firstly relax you are perfectly normal. Thank you for sharing your story there are a lot of us on here who can relate to it. I myself have tried everything and like you felt i had wasted so many years being fat. Unfortunatly i did'nt meet my PCT criteria so funded my bypass myself. My life has completly changed having lost 9 stone in a year. Linski you have done it now and as i said better late than never! You will gets lots of support and advice on here its a great place to be. Good luck with your journey x

As normal as the rest of us ! :8855:
You are on the verge of the most exciting journey of your life... and we're all here to help you on your way :553:

Hi Linski, you are at the same hospital as me. Well done for going to the doctor, i think that's quite a hurdle to overcome, i took me ages and i didn't think she was going to help me, but i'm glad to say she did.
I may be wrong but i think Wolverhampton patients have automatic funding, so you won't need to do the WL plan for 6 months. The best people to talk to would be Phatmomma or Tranquil as they come from Wolverhampton and will know more than me as i'm a Walsall patient. Good luck to you linski xxxx

Linski, don't worry you get automatic funding. This doesn't mean you will get through any quicker than patients from other pct's (except Walsall pct patients), it just means you don't have to worry about whether your pct will agree to fund it when WM ask them. Which believe me is a great weight off your mind....

The support groups are great, i wouldn't worry about waiting for your initial consultation to be out the way if i was you. You would be so welcome right now, and believe me you will learn a lot about the Manor and how it works...

I'm close to the Cannock junction on the M6, just off the Cannock Road.. If you fancy a coffee in Asda or somewhere then let me know, i'm always glad for new friends :)

PS, My husband has just started his journey and is waiting to hear he is on a waiting list...

Thanks I will K8y are you having your op on sunday or going in on Sunday? I certainly hope not to have to do the 6 month weight loss programme - I have been on that all my life or feel as though I have. I mean I dont want to be flippant but if we were going to do it through that path surely we would be at Weight watchers and not WM asking for a major operation out of sheer desperation. I am sure I speak for all on here when I say it is not a decision ahich a) I have taken lightly b) found easy to approach my GP and finally open my soul to doctors and all those cynics who think having such a health issue is pure self indulgence. Thats not even thinking about what I say at work to myrelatives, friends etc,etc about my much anticipated drastic weight loss. I just dont see the point of it, I totlally understand the assessments even the cooling off period but trust me I would have won this battle by now if I was going to alone. I am sure I dont need to tell you that or 99% on here.
Anyway enough about me I bet you just cant wait can you? I shall watch your progress and feel sure you will be my inperation. Bless ya!
Lin

Hi Julie, thanks for that, when was your hubby refferred? i live just 10 mins from Cannock just off M54 and would love to meet up for a chat. When is the next group meeting? x

As normal as the rest of us ! :8855:
You are on the verge of the most exciting journey of your life... and we're all here to help you on your way :553:

thanks Rose I am normal then? thats a good feeling lol. I hope to come to the next meeting and look forward o seeing you.

Linski x

Hi Linski and welcome. Firstly relax you are perfectly normal. Thank you for sharing your story there are a lot of us on here who can relate to it. I myself have tried everything and like you felt i had wasted so many years being fat. Unfortunatly i did'nt meet my PCT criteria so funded my bypass myself. My life has completly changed having lost 9 stone in a year. Linski you have done it now and as i said better late than never! You will gets lots of support and advice on here its a great place to be. Good luck with your journey x

Thanks Allie you look amazing you should be so proud of yourself x

Hi Linski, Rest assured you are as normal as me :D Not many people can sya that! I think most of us here were sperated at birth as there are so many similarities in our stories. The good thing about this is that we can help one another in our journeys, as no one knows better how we are feeling.
This is probably one of the most life changing experiences anyone can have and we need one another to make it just a little easier.
You are in our gang now :D x

I'm close to the Cannock junction on the M6, just off the Cannock Road.. If you fancy a coffee in Asda or somewhere then let me know, i'm always glad for new friends :)

PS, My husband has just started his journey and is waiting to hear he is on a waiting list...[/QUOTE]

Linski, Julie is just fab!! She's been a great help to me and will answer all the questions you could possibly think of.

Julie i doubt i'm going to make it to the meeting on the Monday, so if you're up for it, i'll meet up with you for drinky poos before the next one? xx

Hi Julie, thanks for that, when was your hubby refferred? i live just 10 mins from Cannock just off M54 and would love to meet up for a chat. When is the next group meeting? x

I meant to say i'm off the M54 on border of Low Hill/Scotlands...

My hubby was referred around March i think, by his sleep apnoea consultant at WM... Next meeting is 16th August at Great Wyrley, but if you ever fancy a cuppa at McDonalds or The Pear Tree pub just give me the nod....

Oh yeah and post on the 'word association' thread and get your posts up to 50, you can send/receive private messages then :)

PS, My husband has just started his journey and is waiting to hear he is on a waiting list...

Linski, Julie is just fab!! She's been a great help to me and will answer all the questions you could possibly think of.

Julie i doubt i'm going to make it to the meeting on the Monday, so if you're up for it, i'll meet up with you for drinky poos before the next one? xx[/QUOTE]

K8y bear you bet your life we'll do drinky poos... You have my number, be sure to get your lovely husband to text me your okay after surgery and as soon as you want to meet for a coffee just shout. We can always aim for closer to your part of Walsall especially if you are not driving yet :) Can't wait to see you post op :) :)

Oh yes and your profile pic is smashing! x

I meant to say i'm off the M6 on border of Low Hill/Scotlands...

My hubby was referred around March i think, by his sleep apnoea consultant at WM... Next meeting is 16th August at Great Wyrley, but if you ever fancy a cuppa at McDonalds or The Pear Tree pub just give me the nod....

Oh yeah and post on the 'word association' thread and get your posts up to 50, you can send/receive private messages then :)

Cheers Julie, I am trying to find my way around this site.I will try a suss the word association thingy x

Cheers Julie, I am trying to find my way around this site.I will try a suss the word association thingy x

I'm off the M54 not M6 grrr, i wouldn't mind but i do the driving lol xxx

Yeah its normal to feel this way, i am nearly at the end of my Weight Management Course after 6 long months and surgery as not been opted to me yet, i no its my last option else i am just going to keep eating untill i kill myself i really hope i get funding after i have worked hard at the 6 month WM if not i am not sure what i will do good luck with your journey. xx

Yeah its normal to feel this way, i am nearly at the end of my Weight Management Course after 6 long months and surgery as not been opted to me yet, i no its my last option else i am just going to keep eating untill i kill myself i really hope i get funding after i have worked hard at the 6 month WM if not i am not sure what i will do good luck with your journey. xx

Hello Buttery, hows things hun?
Keep going, i know it's hard my lovely,the hospital won't be able to say at your appointments if you have got funding or not, you'll have to wait for a while after to find out, say a couple of months, but keep strong. xxx

Back