• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here come the questions.......

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Nerves are not too good and i need a cigarette ha ha so thought i would distarct myself and ask my questions now. Quite happy thanks to previous thread as to what i need to take into hospital with me. What i would like to ask is what are the essentials i need to have waiting for me at home for the 1st 24 hours? Secondly what do the hospital( Mr Ammori at Spire Manchester) send you away with? Thanks in advance
Allie xx

Mine was at Walsall Manor so I can't help you directly. All I'd say about immediate needs is...
A pillow to put across the tummy to protect it from the seatbelt for going home.
Someone at home to be there for you for at least a week preferably a fortnight.
variety of thin soups - that can be strained initially
sugar free jelly (a good way of getting fluids in)

Thanks guys. Can i drink sugar free squash have a struggle with water really don't like it much xx

Thanks for asking that one, i am not a lover of water.... if i have too it will be well iced lol

oh yes and good luck giving up the fags, i don't but my mom is a real addict..

Yes, sugar free squash is fine. I got a variety of flavours as found I got bored easily! Immediately post op I lived on smooth soups, low sugar yoghurts, low sugar actimel type stuff and milky drinks.

I had a V Pillow which was fabulous for post op sleeping.

Thanks guys. Can i drink sugar free squash have a struggle with water really don't like it much xx

Hey, not long now...You are going in on the same day as my appointment...I'll be thinking of you.

There are some lovely flavoured waters out there that are sugar free!

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Benefiber (to help prevent constipation or diarreah, just add a spoon a day to any beverage), windeze or peppermint tea for trapped wind, sugar free ice lollies to help keep you hydrated, sports-type bottle with a measure on the side to keep track of you fluid intake and a diary to log everything down in like you food & fluid intake, your meds, whatever.

Best of luck!
Nic:D

Back