• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions

minnieme62

Hi can anyone tell me what questions dietician will ask me I'm writing everything they need to know down will she ask the dates I was on certain diets just after many years of dieting I can't remember that far back I just remember swapping between them over the years thanks

mine asked about the pattern of eating - did I eat the wrong thing or did I each too much of anything.
She asked what I have tried and had I enjoyed any success.
She asked what I thought my post op diet would be like and if I would cope. She gave info about protein being vital and supplements. If I can think of anything else I will add it - I saw her January 2015 via NHS

I've been seeing the dietician since October 2014. At my first appointment she asked me what my I eat in a typical day, how much, how frequently, amount of fruit and veg, etc.

I start Tier 3 the week after next and have an info pack /questionnaire to fill it. This is where it's asking me about past weight loss attempts/successes/failures, dates, etc. I've been trying to lose weight sinc was 9 years old. How do I list 33 years of my yo-yo craziness?

Good luck! We'll get through this together!

I've been seeing the dietician since October 2014. At my first appointment she asked me what my I eat in a typical day, how much, how frequently, amount of fruit and veg, etc.

I start Tier 3 the week after next and have an info pack /questionnaire to fill it. This is where it's asking me about past weight loss attempts/successes/failures, dates, etc. I've been trying to lose weight sinc was 9 years old. How do I list 33 years of my yo-yo craziness?

Good luck! We'll get through this together!
Thanks American mum I don't think I have to do the tier 3 everyone journeys are so different I have my seminar beginning of next month I'm counting down the days haha from what I have seen on here my next step after seminar is dietician im making notes because I know everything will run out of my head it will be great to hear how you get along and maybe we can help each other along the way xx

Where are you on your journey xx

I finished 2 years of tier 3 last year. Referred to Walsall Manor Hospital end of last year. Have seen dietician, bariatric nurse, surgeon, physician. My case has been approved by all and funding secured NHS England following MDT. I am consented for a sleeve.
I now have to see the pre op nurse and the anesthetist which are scheduled for March.
Providing no issues from that, I will be given liver shrinking diet details and a date. They suggest April - June dependent on theatres/bed as wls is elective.

I finished 2 years of tier 3 last year. Referred to Walsall Manor Hospital end of last year. Have seen dietician, bariatric nurse, surgeon, physician. My case has been approved by all and funding secured NHS England following MDT. I am consented for a sleeve.
I now have to see the pre op nurse and the anesthetist which are scheduled for March.
Providing no issues from that, I will be given liver shrinking diet details and a date. They suggest April - June dependent on theatres/bed as wls is elective.
Congratulations on been approved I bet your so excited since been referred to hospital it really hasn't took so long for you I hope it comes round quick for you I know how hard the waiting is I'm hoping for the bypass but still looking in to sleeve Aswel how did you come to your diction on what op to have if you don't mind me asking xx

It is a relief! The referral went in Sept 14 so I guess it's going to be around 9 months :)

I think everyone's type of surgery decision is very different and right for them - I am happy to share how I came to my choice as long as people don't feel I am knocking other choices / surgery types.

I am about 18 and 1/2 stone and my BMI is just under 41. I am 7 stones from the upper limit of healthy. I felt that was amount that might be possible with the help of a sleeve.

My body seems to form adhesions following prior surgeries - so this meant I was very uncomfortable about having a band - felt it wouldn't be successful for me in so many ways and I did not think I could cope with the trial and error around fills/defills.

So it became bypass v sleeve. I have read that bypass is gold standard for weight loss. But, like everything, it comes with a cost. I worry about the long term impact of malabsorption and if I am diligent enough to monitor closely my nutrients.

I've stopped snacking following the 2 years in tier 3. I eat far too much and I think the permanent restriction the sleeve brings should have a positive impact on that type of food abuse.

I realise all that is mumbo jumbo. I am not saying it's factually correct or anything. I am just sharing that's what went on in my tiny mind to lead me the choice for me of a sleeve :)

my dietician asked me about my relationship with food how did I use it ,when I was ,sad, filling a gap or just boredom what diets have I tried why they failed what types of food did I tend to eat
it turns out im a classic over eater more savoury than sweet and I didn't "hear" when I was full
nearly 5 months on and having had the bypass the whole world has changed and all for the better

It is a relief! The referral went in Sept 14 so I guess it's going to be around 9 months :)

I think everyone's type of surgery decision is very different and right for them - I am happy to share how I came to my choice as long as people don't feel I am knocking other choices / surgery types.

I am about 18 and 1/2 stone and my BMI is just under 41. I am 7 stones from the upper limit of healthy. I felt that was amount that might be possible with the help of a sleeve.

My body seems to form adhesions following prior surgeries - so this meant I was very uncomfortable about having a band - felt it wouldn't be successful for me in so many ways and I did not think I could cope with the trial and error around fills/defills.

So it became bypass v sleeve. I have read that bypass is gold standard for weight loss. But, like everything, it comes with a cost. I worry about the long term impact of malabsorption and if I am diligent enough to monitor closely my nutrients.

I've stopped snacking following the 2 years in tier 3. I eat far too much and I think the permanent restriction the sleeve brings should have a positive impact on that type of food abuse.

I realise all that is mumbo jumbo. I am not saying it's factually correct or anything. I am just sharing that's what went on in my tiny mind to lead me the choice for me of a sleeve :)
I've been having similar views but leaning more towards the bypass will the hospital explain to me what op suits different eating habits xx

my dietician asked me about my relationship with food how did I use it ,when I was ,sad, filling a gap or just boredom what diets have I tried why they failed what types of food did I tend to eat
it turns out im a classic over eater more savoury than sweet and I didn't "hear" when I was full
nearly 5 months on and having had the bypass the whole world has changed and all for the better
Thanks Los in it that's helped give me a better idea on what I may be asked I'm so near nervous I just want to be prepared xx

Hi I'm a little worried I have my seminar next week and planning my travel arrangements on how to get there I've spoke to local bus company and turns out the bus will arrive at the hospital at 5.20pm and seminar starts at 5.30pm will this be enough time do they start early or would they give people time to get there thanks

Back