• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here comes the should I thoughts??.

Carre

Having a good old chat with hubby, when he said what you will never be able to eat out ( he meant currys, chippy and pizza ) I said no just a starter maybe?

He looked at me like I'm crazy and said well if that's what you want!!

What I want is the best of both world be smaller and eat loads, but thats not going to happen.

I'm so sick of food controlling my life, so I know this is for me.....

Arrrrrrh silly men!

I have been having all those thoughts but you are right i dont want food to be an obsession and what i think about alot, i would rather be thinking about what lovely outifts i can wear and running around with my little boy at the park.

Also used to use food as a treat, which is crazy really when you think about it but we are all obsessed by food just look on the tv!

Anyway I am being done tomorrow and i will let you know how it all goes

Jane xx

Having a good old chat with hubby, when he said what you will never be able to eat out ( he meant currys, chippy and pizza ) I said no just a starter maybe?

He looked at me like I'm crazy and said well if that's what you want!!

What I want is the best of both world be smaller and eat loads, but thats not going to happen.

I'm so sick of food controlling my life, so I know this is for me.....

Arrrrrrh silly men!

The band will give you restriction so you will not want bigger portions. You will be able to eat curry and chips and pizza just not a huge amount but you will not have the capasity to eat a huge amount anyway.
I know that at the moment you are so restricted and food will be all that is on your mind. But I am 8 weeks post op tomorrow and I was just in Devon at the weekend on holiday and had fish and chips, its not the end of the world, promise!
I only ate half a portion of each and I enjoyed what I ate, it was my holiday treat and now I am home I am back on the straight and narrow. But if we never allow ourselves to enjoy life, living and that includes FOOD! What a dull life it would be.
You can look and see what I have lost so far and I eat chocolate mousse EVERY DAY! I eat pitta bread at lunch, I make my own curries, I eat pizza. Dont go thinking its the end of the world and that you will never enjoy those foods again, you will! Just not in the portion sizes you did before and not on the regular basis you did before.
I have the sweetest tooth of anyone I know and I could not do this with or without the band without having my daily fix, sometimes twice a day, but it is all in my calorie allowance and its all in balance with other carbs, protien, fat etc.
I use myfitnesspal and it is a god send! Honestly dont let your husband make you question your decision, you do not have to give anything up, promise :)

I can't eat chips and haven't had bread of any kind post op - BUT I do eat out and fairly regularly.

Instead of pub fish and chips I have a salmon fishcake with side salad.

Instead of a curry with rice, nan bread and popadoms I have a drier curry (can only eat about half - so dinner for the next day sorted) and one popadom.

Instead of pasta or pizza I have a salmon, mozzarella, prawn or tuna salad.

You get the picture?

Its a lifestyle change in that you eat less and make healthier choices, the result you lose weight x

Thanks girls, I need to have a food sheet of all the do's and dont's

So will I be able to eat Christmas dinner??
As its my turn for the family to come to me!

Yes you will but it will be a much smaller one, more turkey (if thats what you have) and veg than roasties etc x

I eat out regularly . I dont eat Pizza, or chips. But I do eat curry. So If I went and had a ruby I would have some Chicken Tikka starter , or Bombay potatoe with an onion bargie etc....and I would have it as a main meal Or Prawn cocktail as a main meal & whilst its all smells nice and tasty I know my own limits etc. There is nothing worse then thinking oh wot if I over eat or the food doesnt sit well with me etc - I got used to these foods b4 I ate out anywhere to make sure my pouch tolerated it coz worrying about if its gonna sit well with you is worrying and in turn that can cause your pouch to tighten also.......... and as for the christmas dinner if you can tolerate the foods sure why not.......I eat christmas/Sunday dinners no problems....Just much,much smaller amounts. Wishing you all the best - BD x

I agree. Life doesn't come to a standstill because of the band, it just changes. I eat out three or four times a week and have lost plenty of weight while still enjoying myself. I know my limits, so don't over order or over eat. I do choose to eat things I know my band can tolerate rather than trying out new things. Don't drink much alcohol either to be honest because that's when the defences drop and I would push the band by overeating or making the wrong food choices, but that's my decision. I prefer to eat rather than drink my calories. enjoy going out, just plan it :)

Last edited:
This has been so useful to me, thanks.

I love all this info, I keep thinking of the things I may struggle with he most and I'm trying to have in my mind how to deal with them best!!

As long as there is an alternative that's better for me but I'm not left out then I'm sure I will do fine!

Back