• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here we go again....2nd chance at it (thank goodness)

Cat57

Right today i start my LSD for the second time this year, all my own doing I am ashamed to say...I haven't been on here since my op date 11th may this year. when I went in for my op and was all ready in my gown and my surgeon came round to see me before I went down.... she said unfortunately I hadn't lost enough weight on the lsd and they couldn't do the op as my liver most prob wouldn't have shrunk enough... plus they wanted to see more commitment from me....

I was so ashamed I was in tears.. I was so annoyed with myself it was all my own fault entirely. my surgeon was really lovely though she said its not the end, you can have another go at doing it but need to see dieticians and physios to get you in the right frame of mind and commitment.... I got a date through to see them after about a month and they wanted to see a weight loss of 5% off i think it was in around 4 weeks , the physyio was great and helped me feel very positive about it all... I lost the weight plus a little more when i went back to see the dietician they were really please ( so was I) .
I received a phone call the next week with pre op appointment when to start LSD also a new Op date, I was beaming as I thought it would be ages before i would be given another date, and it was only 4 months. I realise I am very lucky to get this 2nd chance so quickly and has made me determined no to be so stupid this time.

So had my pre op appointment yesterday and all good, I am starting the LSD today for 4 weeks this time i am going to do the food option, I followed the milk diet 1st time round and failed it by day 3 which was the beginning of the end for me on my 1st op, I obviously didnt have the will power i thought i had. So instead i will be counting the calories high protein foods etc... and wont be so stupid this time... I have been lucky enough to have been given a 2nd bite of the cherry (50 cal's = 100g) lol :) and i'm so grateful for it.

Right today i start my LSD for the second time this year, all my own doing I am ashamed to say...I haven't been on here since my op date 11th may this year. when I went in for my op and was all ready in my gown and my surgeon came round to see me before I went down.... she said unfortunately I hadn't lost enough weight on the lsd and they couldn't do the op as my liver most prob wouldn't have shrunk enough... plus they wanted to see more commitment from me....

I was so ashamed I was in tears.. I was so annoyed with myself it was all my own fault entirely. my surgeon was really lovely though she said its not the end, you can have another go at doing it but need to see dieticians and physios to get you in the right frame of mind and commitment.... I got a date through to see them after about a month and they wanted to see a weight loss of 5% off i think it was in around 4 weeks , the physyio was great and helped me feel very positive about it all... I lost the weight plus a little more when i went back to see the dietician they were really please ( so was I) .
I received a phone call the next week with pre op appointment when to start LSD also a new Op date, I was beaming as I thought it would be ages before i would be given another date, and it was only 4 months. I realise I am very lucky to get this 2nd chance so quickly and has made me determined no to be so stupid this time.

So had my pre op appointment yesterday and all good, I am starting the LSD today for 4 weeks this time i am going to do the food option, I followed the milk diet 1st time round and failed it by day 3 which was the beginning of the end for me on my 1st op, I obviously didnt have the will power i thought i had. So instead i will be counting the calories high protein foods etc... and wont be so stupid this time... I have been lucky enough to have been given a 2nd bite of the cherry (50 cal's = 100g) lol :) and i'm so grateful for it.
Hi Cat, you must have been devastated last time, but pleased for you that you got another date fairly quickly, it probably gave you time to get your head around it properly for this time. Good luck with your LSD, post on here if you need support while doing it, we are a very helpful bunch and everyone on here is so supportive. I'm sure you'll nail it this time. Keep us posted x

thank you Sandra I will.. i was devastated but onwards and upwards.. all good this time.. what stage are you at sandra ? x

thank you Sandra I will.. i was devastated but onwards and upwards.. all good this time.. what stage are you at sandra ? x
I'm at Luton & Dunstable hospital, so had to do 4 weeks milk diet at the beginning of my journey, I finished that 7 weeks ago, then had my 3rd appointment yesterday. I'm on a 6 month tier 3 program which will end in October when I go back in 8 weeks time, yesterday they told me I just need to maintain what I've lost now, after my next appointment I will be referred to the MDT and wait for there appointment, if they give me the go ahead, they put it forward for funding and they have to approve me, if they say yes (fingers crossed) then the waiting game for a surgery date starts. So I've got a few hoops to jump through first. xx

I wish you every success this time. X

Good luck this time around u been lucky to get another opp so soon im on waiting list for my opp but theres a 10/12 mnth waiting list in my area ive been on list 3 mnths so far as i was gaining weight i did the milk diet for 32 days and lost 26 llb i found the milk ok had its moments where i felt like i was starving but not as bad as i thought it would be good luck im sure u will be fine this time around

Good luck with it this time hun I’m sure you will be in the right frame of mind this time. You will get lots of support on this forum keep posting Looking forward to cheering you on xx

Good luck this time around, I can’t imagine how devastated you must have felt at that late stage but this time I’m sure you will be fine and all will go smoothly.

How are you getting on Cat? You must be 9 days into your diet now xx

Good luck, hope you're kicking your liver into shape x

Thanks for the encouraging messages above, sorry i was really busy and didnt get to go on here to reply.....
Well after the turn down for the op in may this year at last been done, thank you kindly to my lovely surgeon. went down for op as 2.30pm Friday, but didnt come out of recovery till 8.15pm i'm not sure why i never really got anyone to answer my questions as i never saw my surgeon yesterday (most probably her day off) i asked in recovery what i had done and she said sleeve ( i was going in for bypass) but depended on scar tissue from a previous op.

A doctor that did come round the ward yesterday he didnt say much but just before he went i said did i have the sleeve he just said yes, didnt look and any paperwork and went (i know they are busy) I should of said what procedure did i have in the end then he might of checked paperwork.
I was reading my discharge sheet and it has the medical procedures you had done and it says bypass.. so not sure what i had.
They said i was well enough to go home yesterday morning, I just had to wait for med's, asked a few times if they were ready. anyway long and short of it i was allowed how without any meds but someone has to go up today to collect them between 4-5 bit annoying as well over hour journey to get there but hey ho I am home....

After all said and done they are all very busy people do a amazing job..
so at the moment i am sipping slimfast, have some peppermint tea, water and oxo cube drink. (havent had it all but thats what choice i have) can i add squash in the water as long as sugar free. am is missing anything... I am crushing other tablets i have to take, did people do this for the 2-3 week's, i have all dissolvable stitches just wondering also when i can have a shower.... i'm sorry for all the questions but i cant find any of my info at the moment i think someone has put it away somewhere..
why did i feel so down this morning i has a proper meltdown just because hubby hadn't done a few things i asked him to to keep things ticking over... fine now but still teary, things dont usually get to me like that....."take a grip carol"
is it normal to get, all i can explain it as is a uncomfortable tightening right in the middle between your boob's i have a incision there (white tape) so i gather its something to do with the op..
im so excited to see how the weight loss goes...:)

Thanks for the encouraging messages above, sorry i was really busy and didnt get to go on here to reply.....
Well after the turn down for the op in may this year at last been done, thank you kindly to my lovely surgeon. went down for op as 2.30pm Friday, but didnt come out of recovery till 8.15pm i'm not sure why i never really got anyone to answer my questions as i never saw my surgeon yesterday (most probably her day off) i asked in recovery what i had done and she said sleeve ( i was going in for bypass) but depended on scar tissue from a previous op.

A doctor that did come round the ward yesterday he didnt say much but just before he went i said did i have the sleeve he just said yes, didnt look and any paperwork and went (i know they are busy) I should of said what procedure did i have in the end then he might of checked paperwork.
I was reading my discharge sheet and it has the medical procedures you had done and it says bypass.. so not sure what i had.
They said i was well enough to go home yesterday morning, I just had to wait for med's, asked a few times if they were ready. anyway long and short of it i was allowed how without any meds but someone has to go up today to collect them between 4-5 bit annoying as well over hour journey to get there but hey ho I am home....

so at the moment i am sipping slimfast, have some peppermint tea, water and oxo cube drink. (havent had it all but thats what choice i have) can i add squash in the water as long as sugar free. am is missing anything... I am crushing other tablets i have to take, did people do this for the 2-3 week's, i have all dissolvable stitches just wondering also when i can have a shower.... i'm sorry for all the questions but i cant find any of my info at the moment i think someone has put it away somewhere..
why did i feel so down this morning i has a proper meltdown just because hubby hadn't done a few things i asked him to to keep things ticking over... fine now but still teary, things dont usually get to me like that....."take a grip carol"
is it normal to get, all i can explain it as is a uncomfortable tightening right in the middle between your boob's i have a incision there (white tape) so i gather its something to do with the op..

Oh how great it’s all done for you. But how bad you didn’t get told about your procedure and being sent home without your meds You are doing the right thing just keep sipping Hun. Yes you can have Sugar free juice. Re the shower you may to check on that as you may have to keep your wounds dry. I felt very tight with the one beside boobs think that’s quite ok. Completely normal to feel a bit down and washed out It all sounds like your doing really well I’m sure you will gets lots of advice from the other guys too. But if you can’t find your paperwork I to check on things you need to contact your medical team they will be happy to answer your questions I’m sure xx

Congratulations Cat. I don’t think you have been treated very well and hope you get better information at your next check up.i wish you a speedy recovery and welcome to the losers bench xx

thank you maria, i think they were just very busy & me being me i dont like to keep on asking i should do though...

thank you maria, i think they were just very busy & me being me i dont like to keep on asking i should do though...
I think they should have had the courtesy to explain what procedure you had and why they did sleeve instead of bypass. As long as you are ok though, that is the most important thing xx

Oh well dine its done now love i carnt answer ur wuestions cause im pre opp ....i agree with maria they should of told u what opp they did in end id ring the surgerns secretary and see if she can find out and ring u bk tomorrow as recovery rules are diffrent for each opp plus it will do ur head in not knowing ...im sure ill end up with sleeve due to bowel opp i had in my 20s ....ring in morning or get ur hubby to ring them

Oh well dine its done now love i carnt answer ur wuestions cause im pre opp ....i agree with maria they should of told u what opp they did in end id ring the surgerns secretary and see if she can find out and ring u bk tomorrow as recovery rules are diffrent for each opp plus it will do ur head in not knowing ...im sure ill end up with sleeve due to bowel opp i had in my 20s ....ring in morning or get ur hubby to ring them
Then u can report bk why they changed to a sleeve instead of bypass

Back