• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started my pre-op yesterday!

lornipops

Hi all, this is my first post so hope it works!

Went to see the dietician Monday and had the dreaded fear I'd put on 11lbs whilst waiting for my opp date :(

Dietician was really helpful and gave me the pre-op diet to get back in control. Low and behold the phone rings later in the day and they offer me a date for surgery, to cut a long story short, a date has been offered subject to confirmation on the 2nd November, 4 weeks away. Dietician says I need to be in the pre-op for the 4 weeks.

So day 1 done, very hungry so far and struggled to drink all the water they said to, but nothing is going to stop me now, I've waited my whole life for this!

Time for positive Polly not negative Nelly!!

Good luck with the pre-op it's gonna be so worth it.... Stay strong and don't be afraid of hunger it's a good thing in this situation make it a positive feeling x

The pre-op is a great time to get back that focus, its not easy, and the hunger is worst up to around day 3/4 and then tends to ease off, but hang in there because the end result is worth it :)

Hello and welcome, and congrats on getting your op date!
Good luck with the pre-op diet. It's tough, but so important.

Hi Lornipops,

Well done on getting your date, I also had to do the pre-op diet for 4 weeks. Yes it's very hard but I found being organised helpful. I'm not sure which diet you are on, as it seams with all things, different hospitals do it differently! But I was allowed a lot of veg, limited carbs and meat. So I would pile my plate with veg, helping with the hunger. I am now 1 week pre-op and looking forward to the 'baby food' stage! As hard as it is, just remember why you are doing this and who you want to be at the end.

Good luck,

Jen x

Hi all, this is my first post so hope it works!

Went to see the dietician Monday and had the dreaded fear I'd put on 11lbs whilst waiting for my opp date :(

Dietician was really helpful and gave me the pre-op diet to get back in control. Low and behold the phone rings later in the day and they offer me a date for surgery, to cut a long story short, a date has been offered subject to confirmation on the 2nd November, 4 weeks away. Dietician says I need to be in the pre-op for the 4 weeks.

So day 1 done, very hungry so far and struggled to drink all the water they said to, but nothing is going to stop me now, I've waited my whole life for this!

Time for positive Polly not negative Nelly!!

I have just completed a 4 week pre'op first 3 weeks were 1000 cals low fat, low carb, then one week milk diet
It was hard to begin with as I felt it was a long time away but it really does go very quickly...
I have lost 1 stone 5pounds..but 13 pounds of that was on the milk diet
So good luck Hunny as you say it will all be worth it
xx

Thank you all for your comments which are really inspiring. Yesterday was a very hard day, overwhelming feeling of sickness. The only thing that helped was a warm cup of tea, I had one in my hand all day :) I felt starving, but by sticking to it, I have proven to myself it's mind over matter, and I'm doing it!

Many congrats..

Im day 2 in the pre-op milk diet.... struggling but like you Ive waited so long for the op, so I know I can do it, and so will you!!!!

Ive got my op on 17th Oct, and only doing the diet for 2wks - so I suppose thats not as bad as 4, but you will be strong and succeed x

good luck I start my pre-op tomorrow... we can be hungry together.... except mine is only two weeks.

Good Luck to you all, i have really found this group so helpful already with lost of tips and ideas so far.

Couldnt resit and weighed myself yesterday and i've lost 4lbs already....big cheesy smile on my face at the mo and no signs of loosing focus yet!

Well done Lornipops! I can't resist weighing myself either. Just dont be disappointed if it stalls, your body has been through a lot and sometimes takes a moment to catch up. X

You must be getting excited about your op. I hope it is all going well for you and that you're pre-op diet has gone well.. Only 2 weeks to go. This is just to let you know that I'm thinking about you.

Back