• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here we go again....2nd chance at it (thank goodness)

Bling Babe

Thanks for the encouraging messages above, sorry i was really busy and didnt get to go on here to reply.....
Well after the turn down for the op in may this year at last been done, thank you kindly to my lovely surgeon. went down for op as 2.30pm Friday, but didnt come out of recovery till 8.15pm i'm not sure why i never really got anyone to answer my questions as i never saw my surgeon yesterday (most probably her day off) i asked in recovery what i had done and she said sleeve ( i was going in for bypass) but depended on scar tissue from a previous op.

A doctor that did come round the ward yesterday he didnt say much but just before he went i said did i have the sleeve he just said yes, didnt look and any paperwork and went (i know they are busy) I should of said what procedure did i have in the end then he might of checked paperwork.
I was reading my discharge sheet and it has the medical procedures you had done and it says bypass.. so not sure what i had.
They said i was well enough to go home yesterday morning, I just had to wait for med's, asked a few times if they were ready. anyway long and short of it i was allowed how without any meds but someone has to go up today to collect them between 4-5 bit annoying as well over hour journey to get there but hey ho I am home....

After all said and done they are all very busy people do a amazing job..
so at the moment i am sipping slimfast, have some peppermint tea, water and oxo cube drink. (havent had it all but thats what choice i have) can i add squash in the water as long as sugar free. am is missing anything... I am crushing other tablets i have to take, did people do this for the 2-3 week's, i have all dissolvable stitches just wondering also when i can have a shower.... i'm sorry for all the questions but i cant find any of my info at the moment i think someone has put it away somewhere..
why did i feel so down this morning i has a proper meltdown just because hubby hadn't done a few things i asked him to to keep things ticking over... fine now but still teary, things dont usually get to me like that....."take a grip carol"
is it normal to get, all i can explain it as is a uncomfortable tightening right in the middle between your boob's i have a incision there (white tape) so i gather its something to do with the op..
im so excited to see how the weight loss goes...:)
Welcome to the losers bench :woohoo:, as far as post-op diet goes every hospital is different in its dietary rules, you really should call them to get more information and definitely get to the bottom of what procedure you had done, the discharge sheet is often copied and pasted so it’s easy for them to forget to change something (mine had someone else’s post op weight on it!) until you find out what post-op diet you are to follow just concentrate on keeping your fluids up, sip sip sip it’s a full time job at the beginning, try to get as much protein in as possible too: milk, protein powder shakes are great for protein but at this early stage don’t get too hung up on the protein. feeling tearful is perfectly natural, our bodies have been through a lot and the anaesthetic doesn’t help, I also think that maybe subconsciously we begin to mourn our old dietary lifestyle but that’s only my opinion. Xx

Sarnie

Thanks for the encouraging messages above, sorry i was really busy and didnt get to go on here to reply.....
Well after the turn down for the op in may this year at last been done, thank you kindly to my lovely surgeon. went down for op as 2.30pm Friday, but didnt come out of recovery till 8.15pm i'm not sure why i never really got anyone to answer my questions as i never saw my surgeon yesterday (most probably her day off) i asked in recovery what i had done and she said sleeve ( i was going in for bypass) but depended on scar tissue from a previous op.

A doctor that did come round the ward yesterday he didnt say much but just before he went i said did i have the sleeve he just said yes, didnt look and any paperwork and went (i know they are busy) I should of said what procedure did i have in the end then he might of checked paperwork.
I was reading my discharge sheet and it has the medical procedures you had done and it says bypass.. so not sure what i had.
They said i was well enough to go home yesterday morning, I just had to wait for med's, asked a few times if they were ready. anyway long and short of it i was allowed how without any meds but someone has to go up today to collect them between 4-5 bit annoying as well over hour journey to get there but hey ho I am home....

After all said and done they are all very busy people do a amazing job..
so at the moment i am sipping slimfast, have some peppermint tea, water and oxo cube drink. (havent had it all but thats what choice i have) can i add squash in the water as long as sugar free. am is missing anything... I am crushing other tablets i have to take, did people do this for the 2-3 week's, i have all dissolvable stitches just wondering also when i can have a shower.... i'm sorry for all the questions but i cant find any of my info at the moment i think someone has put it away somewhere..
why did i feel so down this morning i has a proper meltdown just because hubby hadn't done a few things i asked him to to keep things ticking over... fine now but still teary, things dont usually get to me like that....."take a grip carol"
is it normal to get, all i can explain it as is a uncomfortable tightening right in the middle between your boob's i have a incision there (white tape) so i gather its something to do with the op..
im so excited to see how the weight loss goes...:)
Congratulations on finally getting your op done, Even though you're not sure which you've had, I would definitely phone them to clarify that. Sounds like it has gone very well for you, I hope the healing process is easy for you too, please keep us posted on how you're doing when you can x

Cat57

Oh how great it’s all done for you. But how bad you didn’t get told about your procedure and being sent home without your meds You are doing the right thing just keep sipping Hun. Yes you can have Sugar free juice. Re the shower you may to check on that as you may have to keep your wounds dry. I felt very tight with the one beside boobs think that’s quite ok. Completely normal to feel a bit down and washed out It all sounds like your doing really well I’m sure you will gets lots of advice from the other guys too. But if you can’t find your paperwork I to check on things you need to contact your medical team they will be happy to answer your questions I’m sure xx
thank you Irene.. hubby has just gone to London to get them, I hope they are there as he wont be very happy....

Cat57

Welcome to the losers bench :woohoo:, as far as post-op diet goes every hospital is different in its dietary rules, you really should call them to get more information and definitely get to the bottom of what procedure you had done, the discharge sheet is often copied and pasted so it’s easy for them to forget to change something (mine had someone else’s post op weight on it!) until you find out what post-op diet you are to follow just concentrate on keeping your fluids up, sip sip sip it’s a full time job at the beginning, try to get as much protein in as possible too: milk, protein powder shakes are great for protein but at this early stage don’t get too hung up on the protein. feeling tearful is perfectly natural, our bodies have been through a lot and the anaesthetic doesn’t help, I also think that maybe subconsciously we begin to mourn our old dietary lifestyle but that’s only my opinion. Xx
Thank you bling for those helpful and kind words ... i think hubby was having a word with them while he is up there collecting my meds... i feel a whole lot better now no more meltdowns lol just going to concentrate on sip- sip- sip:)

Cat57

Congratulations on finally getting your op done, Even though you're not sure which you've had, I would definitely phone them to clarify that. Sounds like it has gone very well for you, I hope the healing process is easy for you too, please keep us posted on how you're doing when you can x
thank you, hubby is up collecting meds and is going to have a word with them to find out...

Irene44

thank you Irene.. hubby has just gone to London to get them, I hope they are there as he wont be very happy....

It really is bad service for you Hun think I would definitely call tomorrow and ask some questions xx

Cat57

can i just ask if anyone knows.. i thought you had to take crushed tablets at first but been given pepermint oil capsuals (colpermin) 4 x a day, they are quite lge is that what everyone gets

Irene44

can i just ask if anyone knows.. i thought you had to take crushed tablets at first but been given pepermint oil capsuals (colpermin) 4 x a day, they are quite lge is that what everyone gets

I was given some tablets the size of paracetamol when I came out I took them and my heart pills ok But I know a lot of the guys had tablets in liquid form. Some crush them suppose again they medical guys should have told you really. Could you not ring the ward get some advice xxx

Anniekins

Congratulations at least you are now post operation! You must have felt strange being discharged from hospital without knowing exactly what surgery was carried out for sure. Just keep sipping and look forward to your weight loss in the coming weeks. x

Mollypop

Hi @Cat57
Really interesting to see how everyone's story is different. I'm glad you kept with it and its paid off. I originally selected a Bypass too, and my surgeon gave me a Sleeve instead. He made the decision during the surgery, and said it was to do with the type & quantity of fat I had in my stomach, and the position of it; making it difficult to perform the Bypass; (restricted access I think)
I would definitely give you team a call, to ask what you had done and why?
x

Cat57

so 10 days post op now... still no significant weight loss, I am struggling to understand this... my days food well drink is consisting of ... 200ml skimmed milk coffee, 1 x 500ml bottle of water, 1 x cuppa soup, 1 x actimel 100ml probiotic drink, 1 x slimfast bottle 325ml.... sometimes another coffee so another 200ml.. is this the sort of diet that most people would have or am i doing something wrong?? so total loss is 4lb in 10 days :( the last 2 days i have plused a lb each day :mad:.. also sorry but i have has a bit of diarrhoea.. how can this be... i'm sure i should be loosing weight.. what have other people lost in their 1st stages after surgery... i'm curious, law of averages if you don't eat surley you must loose weight...not here :confused:

J

Jonicorn

It might be water retention. 500ml isnt a lot of water and although its hard because you can only sip at this stage, once your water intake increases, the water retention should go away. The Diarrhea wont be helping either because any fluid you are taking in, seems to be coming out of the wrong place.
Hold in there.
Also, maybe try another yogurt instead of the activia, as I believe activia regulates your digestion to encourage bowel movements which you maybe don't need at this stage? I'm not entirely sure, just an idea.

Hope you're okay :) xx

Maria61

I put on weight initially from gas retention from surgery. Be patient, it will come off. I only weigh once a week as weight fluctuates too much for my liking xx

Bling Babe

so 10 days post op now... still no significant weight loss, I am struggling to understand this... my days food well drink is consisting of ... 200ml skimmed milk coffee, 1 x 500ml bottle of water, 1 x cuppa soup, 1 x actimel 100ml probiotic drink, 1 x slimfast bottle 325ml.... sometimes another coffee so another 200ml.. is this the sort of diet that most people would have or am i doing something wrong?? so total loss is 4lb in 10 days :( the last 2 days i have plused a lb each day :mad:.. also sorry but i have has a bit of diarrhoea.. how can this be... i'm sure i should be loosing weight.. what have other people lost in their 1st stages after surgery... i'm curious, law of averages if you don't eat surley you must loose weight...not here :confused:
Don’t worry !! It will happen, I didn’t weigh until about 3 weeks so can’t compare but your doing fine, your body is still recovering and swollen xx

Bling Babe

I agree about the water try and up it, it’s a full time job at this stage, it honestly is x

Cat57

I have to be the only person who dosen't loose weight after surgery... I could cry..:( 16 days post op and i have lost exactly 1lb i am absolutely gutted, I had chronic diarrhea for about 4 days which was awful, sorry not nice i know but was in one end and out the other about 10 times a day.. spoke to dietician and went through all i was having and the only thing she could think of was being lactose intolerant, so i have lactose free milk now and its got a lot better, she also said that my body was most probably holding on to everything it could because of dehydration and lack of anything inside me .. but i thought i would of some lost weight but no... my weight pattern since op has been..-1,+1,+2,-3,+2,-1,-1,-1,+1. i was 21st 5lb on day of op and today i am 21st 4lb:(... I am still on liquid diet (last week ) but when does this weight loss start to happen, law of averages i would of thought i would loose weight with what i am having, I lost more when i went to weight watchers.... sorry i'm on a bit of a downer... when i read people loosing 6-10lb on their 1st weeks...

Parsnip

I have to be the only person who dosen't loose weight after surgery... I could cry..:( 16 days post op and i have lost exactly 1lb i am absolutely gutted, I had chronic diarrhea for about 4 days which was awful, sorry not nice i know but was in one end and out the other about 10 times a day.. spoke to dietician and went through all i was having and the only thing she could think of was being lactose intolerant, so i have lactose free milk now and its got a lot better, she also said that my body was most probably holding on to everything it could because of dehydration and lack of anything inside me .. but i thought i would of some lost weight but no... my weight pattern since op has been..-1,+1,+2,-3,+2,-1,-1,-1,+1. i was 21st 5lb on day of op and today i am 21st 4lb:(... I am still on liquid diet (last week ) but when does this weight loss start to happen, law of averages i would of thought i would loose weight with what i am having, I lost more when i went to weight watchers.... sorry i'm on a bit of a downer... when i read people loosing 6-10lb on their 1st weeks...

I'm pre op so can only imagine how frustrated you are but you're still relatively early days and at this point your body is still recovering from surgery. How the body deals with that will be different for everyone. Yes some will loose lots early days but many will not due to a number of factors. You could likely still be quite swollen as the body heals x

Irene44

Probably just fluid hun please don’t stress out about it will all come together I’m sure Just get ready for your new life with amazing tool as your best friend xx

slimkim

Drink lots of water so that your body can flush out, try for at least 1 litre per day sipping. Try bone broth to get some protein in. The lactose free milk and yogurts will be soothing and also nutritionally good for you. Also are you able to walk for 30minutes at a time? This will get your system active. I hope that helps.