• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here we go again....2nd chance at it (thank goodness)

Sarnie

Stress also makes the body hold on to weight, so try not to give yourself additional stress while your body is already stressed from the op. You have to be kinder to yourself and have faith that it will happen when your body had healed better, it's such early days for you yet xx

Bling Babe

I can understand how frustrating it must be for you but please keep your chin up you will lose soon xx

Anniekins

Try to keep sipping water and move around as much as you can as it all helps with the weight loss. I am sure things will get better very soon, just try and be patient even though it can be very difficult when you don’t understand why the expected weight loss has not happened but it will, all in it’s own good time. x

Cat57

Try to keep sipping water and move around as much as you can as it all helps with the weight loss. I am sure things will get better very soon, just try and be patient even though it can be very difficult when you don’t understand why the expected weight loss has not happened but it will, all in it’s own good time. x
I know law of averages say it has to come off... i have been to the gym this week, only walking on the treadmill,:whacky068: and a couple of other easy ones, so i'm not overdoing it but i want get this weight moving.... but put 1lb on the nexts day :eek:.. i do think i need to drink more water though as im struggling 500ml... 3weeks post op now and should be going onto mush today, but i dont know what to actually have i really dont what i want, im bored with protein shakes cuppa soups and squash or oxos, i fancy something really tasty but what!! lol any ideas for my first blended or mushed meal ..... i think i miss the chewing more than anything, but when i can i will enjoy it even more....:character00254:

Bling Babe

I know law of averages say it has to come off... i have been to the gym this week, only walking on the treadmill,:whacky068: and a couple of other easy ones, so i'm not overdoing it but i want get this weight moving.... but put 1lb on the nexts day :eek:.. i do think i need to drink more water though as im struggling 500ml... 3weeks post op now and should be going onto mush today, but i dont know what to actually have i really dont what i want, im bored with protein shakes cuppa soups and squash or oxos, i fancy something really tasty but what!! lol any ideas for my first blended or mushed meal ..... i think i miss the chewing more than anything, but when i can i will enjoy it even more....:character00254:
You definitely need to drink more that will help with the weight loss, don’t do to much at the gym though as it’s early days. You could try minced beef with grated LF cheese, scrambled eggs, weetabix, crustless quiche, fish in sauce is great (the boil in the bag type is what I used), I loved warmed up corned beef with LF grated cheese, protein porridge, I found the tinned mince beef good as well, cauliflower cheese, these are just a few things I’ve just pulled from my diary xx

Cat57

Thanks bling, but i tried eating the mush and was getting that horrible feeling i dont know if it dumping or not it just wouldnt go down and i have to cough it up with bile (sorry not nice)... i actuall had my 1st mush it was ready brek with extra milk and 2 slices of banana mushed in it i managed 2 t.spoons... is that about what i should be expecting to eat at the moment ( 2 t.spoons).... will drinking more def help with the weight loss.... I know im not getting enough water in me, somtimes 500ml sometimes 2-300ml i do have other things to drink like a milky coffee or a ovaltine, i got over the initial disappointment of the non weight loss for a while but now its depressing me, i could of lost more doing it myself, I really could , I am now 4 weeks post op 1st 1lb down...BUT i know 9lb of that is because i has to go back on my water retention tablets I okayed it with the hommerton as my legs fill and get so tight they are sore), the 1st day i lost 5lb then the 2nd 4lb now they just keep my legs from filling and dont interfere with weight loss.. so I have really only lost 6lb in 4 weeks... its stupid I am at the hospital next week, I cant see any other posts about not loosing weight after surgery, wer not for a month post op.... i will definatly drink more water i will make that my mission.. but i cant see it making that much difference... has anyone else had this problem

Jackiesfatplan

Sorry im stillwaiting for my opp but it will start to shift real soon im sure read irenes diary from her surgery day irene struggled getting fluids food in at first and what i can remeber the inches were fast moving the scales were not at first now shes 10 weeks post opp and disapearing b4 our very eyes try going by measurments not the scales some lose inches first then weight some lose weight then they stall while inches catch up im sure if ur not eating u must be losing u must of retained water after opp it will start dropping off soon lots of people are disapointed first few weeks after surgery weather it be weight related or very sore still dont think many have the best 4 weeks after to be fair with u least ur managing to keep food down lots get very sicky ...im sure u will look bk when its all starting to shift and think oh thats normal

Cat57

Sorry im stillwaiting for my opp but it will start to shift real soon im sure read irenes diary from her surgery day irene struggled getting fluids food in at first and what i can remeber the inches were fast moving the scales were not at first now shes 10 weeks post opp and disapearing b4 our very eyes try going by measurments not the scales some lose inches first then weight some lose weight then they stall while inches catch up im sure if ur not eating u must be losing u must of retained water after opp it will start dropping off soon lots of people are disapointed first few weeks after surgery weather it be weight related or very sore still dont think many have the best 4 weeks after to be fair with u least ur managing to keep food down lots get very sicky ...im sure u will look bk when its all starting to shift and think oh thats normal

Thank you Jackie... i will read irenes diary.. do you have a date yet..

Irene44

Thanks bling, but i tried eating the mush and was getting that horrible feeling i dont know if it dumping or not it just wouldnt go down and i have to cough it up with bile (sorry not nice)... i actuall had my 1st mush it was ready brek with extra milk and 2 slices of banana mushed in it i managed 2 t.spoons... is that about what i should be expecting to eat at the moment ( 2 t.spoons).... will drinking more def help with the weight loss.... I know im not getting enough water in me, somtimes 500ml sometimes 2-300ml i do have other things to drink like a milky coffee or a ovaltine, i got over the initial disappointment of the non weight loss for a while but now its depressing me, i could of lost more doing it myself, I really could , I am now 4 weeks post op 1st 1lb down...BUT i know 9lb of that is because i has to go back on my water retention tablets I okayed it with the hommerton as my legs fill and get so tight they are sore), the 1st day i lost 5lb then the 2nd 4lb now they just keep my legs from filling and dont interfere with weight loss.. so I have really only lost 6lb in 4 weeks... its stupid I am at the hospital next week, I cant see any other posts about not loosing weight after surgery, wer not for a month post op.... i will definatly drink more water i will make that my mission.. but i cant see it making that much difference... has anyone else had this problem

Is it foamies Hun! I have had that twice First time was tuna OMG was dreadful red hot pain and really uncomfortable I brought up some foam and the 2 teaspoons of tuna I had and was fine after that. Second time I ate a spoonful to quickly without thinking and bang foamies again ( that will teach me ).

As for the weight slow and steady hun it will happen I’ve not had massive losses at all but still lost 3 stone in 3 months and the inches lost have been fab. Please don’t be despondent all will come good just concentrate on getting those low cal fluids in xxx

Bling Babe

The amount you can eat varies from person to person but 100% definitely drink more fluids, it honestly does help, there have been a few posts on here about sweetners that can cause water retention (On Sarnies thread I believe) it includes a link to the newspaper article too, it makes for good reading, I use stevia sweetners in at least half of my daily water after reading it. But please drink more, it will be interesting to see what your team say next week xx

Cat57

Is it foamies Hun! I have had that twice First time was tuna OMG was dreadful red hot pain and really uncomfortable I brought up some foam and the 2 teaspoons of tuna I had and was fine after that. Second time I ate a spoonful to quickly without thinking and bang foamies again ( that will teach me ).

As for the weight slow and steady hun it will happen I’ve not had massive losses at all but still lost 3 stone in 3 months and the inches lost have been fab. Please don’t be despondent all will come good just concentrate on getting those low cal fluids in xxx

I will remember that :rotflmao: foamies.. dumping new language comming here lol

Cat57

The amount you can eat varies from person to person but 100% definitely drink more fluids, it honestly does help, there have been a few posts on here about sweetners that can cause water retention (On Sarnies thread I believe) it includes a link to the newspaper article too, it makes for good reading, I use stevia sweetners in at least half of my daily water after reading it. But please drink more, it will be interesting to see what your team say next week xx
i have def made a conscious effort to drink more water im getting a litre of water down now... yes i'm hoping they can shine a ray of light on somthing to help .... thanks bling xx

Cat57

Drink lots of water so that your body can flush out, try for at least 1 litre per day sipping. Try bone broth to get some protein in. The lactose free milk and yogurts will be soothing and also nutritionally good for you. Also are you able to walk for 30minutes at a time? This will get your system active. I hope that helps.
thank you.. i have been getting a litre of water down since this post, and i am looking at trying some protien in me i am stuck on what to have .. think i will take a look at the recipe forum for some ideas.. thank you for the advice its much appreciated.x

Irene44

Are you still on liquids or sloppy yet xx