• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here we go....

kezza84

Well, where to start........

I have been reading many of the posts for the past few weeks trying to get the courage to write my own.

A bit about me, in 29 from Kent with 2 children aged 12 and 8, live with my partner (who is as much help as a heated windscreen on a motorbike sometimes) and also work full time.

Haven’t always struggled with my weight when I was younger as I was very active, it wasn’t until I had my children that the weight started to pile on... mix that PCOS and depression you can imagine what happened to my weight!

Have currently tried every diet in the book including meal replacement shakes which I did lose weight on 5st in 4mths then ended up with Gallstones. So that was removed 2 yrs. ago. Also been on Oristat and a few others that doctor has provided but not much luck as have pretty much no metabolism due to PCOS.

I have also been on a weight management programme provided by my local PCT 3 times, the first 2 I never completed due to work commitments, this time I’ve been going for just over a year now. In December last year my doctor referred me for wls at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital which was accepted due to PCOS, BMI, and a few other health issues under Mr Evangelos Efthimiou to have a Gastric Bypass.

Over the past 9 months I have been to London more times than I wish to count for Nurse, Dietician, Psychologists and group sessions for preparation for the surgery, Emotional eating and after surgery.

Last Saturday I had my pre-op assessment and am now awaiting my date. Completely crapping my pants with all the normal emotions running through my brain..... but I cannot wait to get the old me back, be able to run after my kids and the one thing I have missed the most..... getting back on my MTB.

Would love to hear from you all on your experiences the good, the bad and the ugly as I have no one to ask about this.

Also sorry to waffle on, if you have made it this far you need a medal lol :)

los in it

hello kezza84
just popped up to say just that ,,hi!
im 6 days post op (bypass) and I feel great and so happy I made the right choice for me
I wish you lots of luck in getting what you want

kezza84

hello kezza84
just popped up to say just that ,,hi!
im 6 days post op (bypass) and I feel great and so happy I made the right choice for me
I wish you lots of luck in getting what you want

Thank you, glad to uear you are feeling good? how are you moving around?