• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey =)

sasa

Hey all

I'm new here, I had a gastric bypass done on the 5th November at St Anthonys hospital in North Cheam, sutton. Someone cancelled there place, so I was offered the place, I was given 2 days notice! I'm under St George's hospital in tooting but as yet they have been quite unhelpful since my op, so was looking for support and advice online and found this forum, anyone else had there's done at these hospitals or had their surgery done by Dr Andrew Wan? x

hey sasa, welcome to the site and good luck :) xxx

Welcome sasa - hope your post op recovery is going well. Mrs Quiggle (Kate) is with St Georges - will be done on Tuesday. Not aware of any St Anthonys patients, but they may be along soon.

Hi and welcome! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Hi Sasa. I'm being done by Andrew Wan too, was supposed to have been Nov. 7th but got cancelled after 7 hours wait right at the theatre door, then it was the 25th and now the 22nd so on Tuesday. I'm being done at St.Georges because I have to be near the cardiac unit as I had a heart attack on the 20th of November funnily enough. Shame because they could have put me in St. Anthonys which is not only nearer but wouldn't have been cancelled at the last minute as there's no A&E there.

For those who don't know, St. Anthonys is our nearest private hospital and St.Georges put their overspill for bariatrics there.

Good luck with your recovery. Only two more sleeps to go before I get mine.

Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
Hi Sasa. I'm being done by Andrew Wan too, was supposed to have been Nov. 7th but got cancelled after 7 hours wait right at the theatre door, then it was the 25th and now the 22nd so on Tuesday. I'm being done at St.Georges because I have to be near the cardiac unit as I had a heart attack on the 20th of November funnily enough. Shame because they could have put me in St. Anthonys which is not only nearer but wouldn't have been cancelled at the last minute as there's no A&E there.

For those who don't know, St. Anthonys is our nearest private hospital and St.Georges put their overspill for bariatrics there.

Good luck with your recovery. Only two more sleeps to go before I get mine.

Kate x

Ooooo good luck! My thoughts are with you! He was lovely, very straight to the point! Especially when I told him I had smoked a cigarette about 4 hours before my op lol maybe I shouldn't have told him but I just can't lie!

I've read how so many people have been messed around with there dates and times, I must have been lucky!

Hi sasa, congrats on your op and I wish you a very speedy recovery. I am also under St Georges and was wondering how long ago you were put on the waiting list? I presume you chose the option of being available if a cancellation came up, also like me and i'm trying to determine how long this possibly could be.

dovetail77 said:
Hi sasa, congrats on your op and I wish you a very speedy recovery. I am also under St Georges and was wondering how long ago you were put on the waiting list? I presume you chose the option of being available if a cancellation came up, also like me and i'm trying to determine how long this possibly could be.

I was on the waiting list around 16 months, and I didnt choose to be called if there was a cancellation but they still called me, I also have a friend who is on the waiting list, but her journey started around 10 months before me but due to emotional issues they keep sending her to more meeting, so she is still waiting!

Back