• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all i am back :)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Morning all just wanted to come on line quickly and post to say i am ok and doing good.
Ty so much for all ur posts of support, calls and texts am sorry if i have not responded:D
Well today i am 3 days post op :D:D and doing ok, pottering around and getting on with things.
I must admit i think i had a rough time as for some reason the way i was positioned in theatre for 4.5 hrs caused major probs with my back and caused my normal back pain to increase major which was hard to cope with and instead of having my morphine in my PCA pump had to have "Oxycodeine" to cope with the horrendous back pain and was not able to stand up till about 5 am yesterday morning.
By that time i felt i had had enough and had made up my mind i was going home that morning exactly 48 hrs post op.
But as i had the pain under control and came of the PCA and drip and catheter Mr Sufi decided i was ok to come home, but tbh i would of come home no matter what lol.
They were going 2 send me home with the same meds in my PCA pump but i decided not 2 as i dont want to be drugged up at home the same way as i was in hospital.

Had an ok nights sleep last night woke up bout 6 times to go to the loo found it a big hard to get comfy but was ok.
Already put some washing on and cleaned the kitchen a bit although it was nice and clean as Aaron had kept up with it all.

Will update more later, just wanted to let u all know all is good, finally i have taken my place on the losers bench.
After all my worry my liver was ok and i lost just over 18lbs in the 10 days i was on my pre op diet:D:D

One quick question of course i am on liquid stage for 2 weeks, does the not drinking for 30 mins b4 or after apply to the liquid stage, like i have just had a tiny bit of yoghurt should i now wait 30 mins till i carry on sipping xx

Take care all and chat soon off to have a little sleep as got up at 6 lol xxx

Last edited:
Great to see you back Roch, and up and about on your feet already :553:

Look forward to hearing the full story when you feel up to typing it, want a blow by blow account... for personal reasons of course :D xxx

I'm sorry to hear about your back but hopefully the pain and troubles are going to melt away now.I'm so happy that you finally got the surgery and what a lovely lad you have there to keep things going at home for you like that.
I'm really excited for you and I can't wait to hear how you get on and see the change in your health and happiness this year. This is going to be wonderful for you and I wish you every success with it x

So glad your feeling better and you've been 'set free' from the hospital.

Great to have you back :553:

:)So glad you're "done" & back home:)

Awesome to see you back, Im glad you are doing fine.
From what I remember of the early days they said that I could drink and 'eat' at the same time, definately on the more liquid stage anyway. I would say that you are ok to have yoghurt and fluids close together.
Again, glad youre well.
Steph xx

welcome back Roch x

Welcome home babycakes!
As for the drinking eating rule, at that stage it really doesnt matter too much! You will never get your liquids in if you wait 30 mins etc...liquids stage you will be fine :) Keep the fluids up and welcome home hun! So pleased for you xx

Welcome back Roch. It's good to be home isn't it? Make sure you take it easy though xx

Welcome back Roch :553:

Glad to hear all is OK. I hope the back pain gets under control soon. As far as liquids are concerned, at this early stage I wouldn't worry too much, just get as much in as you can. High protein liquids will help the healing process so make them a high priority. They are going to go straight through your didi pouch anyway. xx

Welcome home hun, hope that back pain eases soon and I woudl say that the 30 min rule does not apply as everything that is going in it liquid anyway.
xxx

You were on your feet a lot sooner than I was!!! I was a real 'Camille' took to my bed, issued orders etc.
So glad you are done and dusted now. You are such a big character on this forum, it is so great to know you have finally come through the other side, I am sure you wil be a big inspiration to many on here.
I'm a back sufferer myself, cocodamol 30/500, pretty much addicted now. Got to admit, I really enjoyed the morphine, not the drinky morphine though, like drinking petrol.

Anyway, I digress. All the very best to you Roch, happy healing!

Welcome back Roch. So excited that you have now had your op. Did you get the bypass or sleeve??

Looking forward to you being a "loser".

Best wishes

Back