• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI everyone Xx

Sarnie

Hi everyone im new here, i'm on tier 3 under Luton & Dunstable. Xx
Hi and welcome. I had my gastric bypass at Luton on the 16/04/19. When did you start your journey? How are you finding it? x

Parsnip

Hi, I just replied to your other post. I'm recently bypassed. I'll be a week out tomorrow x

Morebee

Thank you Sarnie & Maria61, I'm 3 months into tier 3 Sarnie & loving my journey so far Xx
LOL sorry about that Parsnip, I wasnt sure if the first post worked so now I have 2. I can't seem to delete one of them either lol congratulations, How are you feeling hun?
I'm hoping to get a bypass but im a lonnnng way off, I'm on tier 3 until next June but it's all part of my Journey :) I'm making a scapbook/journal of every appointment and photos of every step of the way :) Xx

Shelley537

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im also at Luton. I had to complete a year on tier 3 too the time really does fly past from one appointment to the next!!!
1 year and 2 months into my journey and I have my appointment to see the surgeon on Thursday 😬 this could be the day I get given an date for my op......... but saying that they change things all the time so we'll have to wait and see x look forward to following your journey x

Bling Babe

Thank you Sarnie & Maria61, I'm 3 months into tier 3 Sarnie & loving my journey so far Xx
LOL sorry about that Parsnip, I wasnt sure if the first post worked so now I have 2. I can't seem to delete one of them either lol congratulations, How are you feeling hun?
I'm hoping to get a bypass but im a lonnnng way off, I'm on tier 3 until next June but it's all part of my Journey :) I'm making a scapbook/journal of every appointment and photos of every step of the way :) Xx
What a lovely idea.
Regards your 2 threads, try contacting @Pierce he should be able to either delete one or amalgamate the 2 xx

Sarnie

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im also at Luton. I had to complete a year on tier 3 too the time really does fly past from one appointment to the next!!!
1 year and 2 months into my journey and I have my appointment to see the surgeon on Thursday 😬 this could be the day I get given an date for my op......... but saying that they change things all the time so we'll have to wait and see x look forward to following your journey x
Woo hoo, fingers crossed for you, did you get a date? xc

Shelley537

Woo hoo, fingers crossed for you, did you get a date? xc
Hi Sarnie all went well.....as you know they go through the procedure again and risks (scares the life out of me everytime) and somehow feels a little strange saying 'yes that's fine I'll sign that concent form' knowing the complications!!!! I'm such an over thinker and could quite easily do a runner from it all at the mo and just bury my head in the sand but I know this weight problem needs addressing now.
It's getting very real........ I have been put on Dr Rashid's waiting list so should be receiving a date for surgery within the next 18 weeks!!!! 😬 x

Sarnie

Hi Sarnie all went well.....as you know they go through the procedure again and risks (scares the life out of me everytime) and somehow feels a little strange saying 'yes that's fine I'll sign that concent form' knowing the complications!!!! I'm such an over thinker and could quite easily do a runner from it all at the mo and just bury my head in the sand but I know this weight problem needs addressing now.
It's getting very real........ I have been put on Dr Rashid's waiting list so should be receiving a date for surgery within the next 18 weeks!!!! 😬 x
That's great, yes hearing that stuff is a bit scary, but they are really only covering themselves, the risks really are less than 1% these days. And any complications are normally sorted out pretty quickly if there were any. Best not to dwell on the tiny 1% and think of the 99% positives it will bring you. Let's hope you very a date sooner rather than later. But 18 weeks flys by anyway. Have you got another appointment or is that it until pre op? x

Shelley537

That's great, yes hearing that stuff is a bit scary, but they are really only covering themselves, the risks really are less than 1% these days. And any complications are normally sorted out pretty quickly if there were any. Best not to dwell on the tiny 1% and think of the 99% positives it will bring you. Let's hope you very a date sooner rather than later. But 18 weeks flys by anyway. Have you got another appointment or is that it until pre op? x
I know I know 🤦‍♀️ thankyou for your reassuring words....... I need to keep focused on the positive x
Nope no appointment was just told not to gain any weight and I would be hearing from the waiting list office...... so we'll have to wait and see x

Bling Babe

I know I know 🤦‍♀️ thankyou for your reassuring words....... I need to keep focused on the positive x
Nope no appointment was just told not to gain any weight and I would be hearing from the waiting list office...... so we'll have to wait and see x
Great news for you xx