• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI everyone Xx

Morebee

Hi everyone, Im on tier 3 at luton & dunstable. looking forward to making some new friends going through the same Xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Bling Babe

Hi everyone, Im on tier 3 at luton & dunstable. looking forward to making some new friends going through the same Xx
Hiya, welcome and good luck, which surgery are you hoping to have? I had my bypass at Luton and Dunstable in April 2018, it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself but it’s far from easy, the surgery doesn’t clear the head of wanting all the things that got me to the point of needing wls but I have no regrets.
The best advice I can give you is research research research and research some more, my journey took 22 months from first appointment to surgery but that time was invaluable, use it to do all the research because you can never know too much about what your doing and how it’s going to affect you....for the rest of your life.
At lot of our diaries are in the bronze section of the site which you can access once you’ve hit 100 posts so keep on posting, in the meantime there are plenty of helpful diaries that you can access, read as many as you can, you will pick up loads of helpful tips and advice.
We are a friendly bunch I will try our best to answer any questions, the support on here is brilliant although it’s been a little quiet lately.
Keep in touch xx

Sarnie

Hi everyone im new here, i'm on tier 3 under Luton & Dunstable. Xx
Hi and welcome. I had my gastric bypass at Luton on the 16/04/19. When did you start your journey? How are you finding it? x

Parsnip

I and welcome. Agree with everything @Bling Babe said. Also, ask lots of questions, there is lots of experience in the forum to draw from xx

Parsnip

Hi, I just replied to your other post. I'm recently bypassed. I'll be a week out tomorrow x

Morebee

Thank you ladies Xx
Bling Babe, you look after my mum in hospital :) she's been telling me loads of tips youve been passing on lol I start my milk diet next week for a month but i'm really looking forward to it lol the only problem I might have is the salty drink but I will try adding the milk to it to make a thin soup. Xx

Morebee

Thank you Sarnie & Maria61, I'm 3 months into tier 3 Sarnie & loving my journey so far Xx
LOL sorry about that Parsnip, I wasnt sure if the first post worked so now I have 2. I can't seem to delete one of them either lol congratulations, How are you feeling hun?
I'm hoping to get a bypass but im a lonnnng way off, I'm on tier 3 until next June but it's all part of my Journey :) I'm making a scapbook/journal of every appointment and photos of every step of the way :) Xx

Shelley537

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im also at Luton. I had to complete a year on tier 3 too the time really does fly past from one appointment to the next!!!
1 year and 2 months into my journey and I have my appointment to see the surgeon on Thursday 😬 this could be the day I get given an date for my op......... but saying that they change things all the time so we'll have to wait and see x look forward to following your journey x

Bling Babe

Thank you ladies Xx
Bling Babe, you look after my mum in hospital :) she's been telling me loads of tips youve been passing on lol I start my milk diet next week for a month but i'm really looking forward to it lol the only problem I might have is the salty drink but I will try adding the milk to it to make a thin soup. Xx
Aw hi, I know who you are, yes try adding it to milk, it really is delicious, your be just fine, ask away with any questions, it’ll be good to meet you with mum one day, the milk diet is quite liberating, it takes away all the food choices and the milk jelly is also delicious. Take care and keep in touch xx

Bling Babe

Thank you Sarnie & Maria61, I'm 3 months into tier 3 Sarnie & loving my journey so far Xx
LOL sorry about that Parsnip, I wasnt sure if the first post worked so now I have 2. I can't seem to delete one of them either lol congratulations, How are you feeling hun?
I'm hoping to get a bypass but im a lonnnng way off, I'm on tier 3 until next June but it's all part of my Journey :) I'm making a scapbook/journal of every appointment and photos of every step of the way :) Xx
What a lovely idea.
Regards your 2 threads, try contacting @Pierce he should be able to either delete one or amalgamate the 2 xx

Sarnie

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Im also at Luton. I had to complete a year on tier 3 too the time really does fly past from one appointment to the next!!!
1 year and 2 months into my journey and I have my appointment to see the surgeon on Thursday 😬 this could be the day I get given an date for my op......... but saying that they change things all the time so we'll have to wait and see x look forward to following your journey x
Woo hoo, fingers crossed for you, did you get a date? xc

Shelley537

Woo hoo, fingers crossed for you, did you get a date? xc
Hi Sarnie all went well.....as you know they go through the procedure again and risks (scares the life out of me everytime) and somehow feels a little strange saying 'yes that's fine I'll sign that concent form' knowing the complications!!!! I'm such an over thinker and could quite easily do a runner from it all at the mo and just bury my head in the sand but I know this weight problem needs addressing now.
It's getting very real........ I have been put on Dr Rashid's waiting list so should be receiving a date for surgery within the next 18 weeks!!!! 😬 x

Sarnie

Hi Sarnie all went well.....as you know they go through the procedure again and risks (scares the life out of me everytime) and somehow feels a little strange saying 'yes that's fine I'll sign that concent form' knowing the complications!!!! I'm such an over thinker and could quite easily do a runner from it all at the mo and just bury my head in the sand but I know this weight problem needs addressing now.
It's getting very real........ I have been put on Dr Rashid's waiting list so should be receiving a date for surgery within the next 18 weeks!!!! 😬 x
That's great, yes hearing that stuff is a bit scary, but they are really only covering themselves, the risks really are less than 1% these days. And any complications are normally sorted out pretty quickly if there were any. Best not to dwell on the tiny 1% and think of the 99% positives it will bring you. Let's hope you very a date sooner rather than later. But 18 weeks flys by anyway. Have you got another appointment or is that it until pre op? x

Shelley537

That's great, yes hearing that stuff is a bit scary, but they are really only covering themselves, the risks really are less than 1% these days. And any complications are normally sorted out pretty quickly if there were any. Best not to dwell on the tiny 1% and think of the 99% positives it will bring you. Let's hope you very a date sooner rather than later. But 18 weeks flys by anyway. Have you got another appointment or is that it until pre op? x
I know I know 🤦‍♀️ thankyou for your reassuring words....... I need to keep focused on the positive x
Nope no appointment was just told not to gain any weight and I would be hearing from the waiting list office...... so we'll have to wait and see x

Bling Babe

I know I know 🤦‍♀️ thankyou for your reassuring words....... I need to keep focused on the positive x
Nope no appointment was just told not to gain any weight and I would be hearing from the waiting list office...... so we'll have to wait and see x
Great news for you xx

Bling Babe

How are you getting on @Morebee? I hope the LRD milk diet is going ok for you xxx

Morebee

Hi Bling Babe, LRD is going well now thanks :) the first night was REALLY bad, I had a bad migraine, dizzy and vomiting but I was told it was because I wasn't drinking enough fluids, so drinking loads now and so far not felt like that since. I am a bit weak and not got much energy, but just putting that down to not eating. Ive been on it for just over 2 weeks now so only another 4 weeks to go lol ( It was meant to be 4 weeks, but when my appointment came though that was 6 weeks away so I called them and she said stay on it until my next appointment because she has to reintroduce me to food again )
I'm really worried I will lose too much weight though, I know I will gain a bit again once I start eating again but I lost 1st 3lb before I started the LRD which was my 5% and I have 10 months left on tier 3 so I know I will lose more but I dont understand how you can follow the programme and not lose weight, if I tried to gain weight a bit so I stay in the BMI criteria they will say i've not followed their advice and kick me off tier 3 but if I stick to it I will lose too much weight and not qualify for surgery.
I will follow their advice and see what happens in 10 months :-/ Xx

Lel71

Hi there.
I've just received a letter from the l and d to invite me for a group information session. But it doesn't say what tier I'm on. I have the funding as my GP told me but no idea what stage I'm at! It says once I've attended the group session I will then have an individual assessment with a clinician. Do you know what will happen and what stage I'm at?