• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone

djp6

Hey all, I'v had a band fitted yesterday in Birmingham and im having chest pains since. The nurses said it's trapped gas but it's so painful! Has anyone else had this problem?

Debs x

suepat10

Hi Debs

I'm still pre-op so don't have first hand experience but from the posts I've read, many people do get these pains.

Welcome to the forum xx

djp6

Thankyou :)
That's good, iv heard about pains in the shoulder but not the chest! When are you having yours done? X

BlueDiamond

Yes it is all normal hun, keep walking about will help and I used gripe water to help mine xx

penelope1008

I had a Gastric Bypass last Tuesday I am still suffering pain in the Chest, back, shoulders the lot the more I move about the more it eases and I nibble the odd chewable Rennie or have some infacol liquid both help ease the trapped wind.

djp6

Nearly a week later and you still have it??
:(. I do have rennies so I'll try them and I'll get some gripe water tomorrow. Anything to help it, it's so painful! Thanks

penelope1008

Not as bad as it was but the occasional one still catches me. Should be moving round more to ease it as that helps but as I had the bypass op rather than the band, longer op more gas for longer etc etc I'm still easily wiped out.

djp6

Glad it's relieving but I hope you recover fully soon! Didn't realise these ops created so much gas!

mandym1

I know there is a lot!! I expected wind but not this much I feel like a ballon thats deflating lol! I'm nearly a week out and its not as bad now but it certainly hasnt gone yet x

djp6

Did you have the band or bypass? I actually feel a little better today but feel like iv got big bubbles pinging around my chest! Just want to pop them!! Lol x