• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone!

KhalessiCiara

Hope everyone is having a great evening! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm currently about to embark on my tier 3 weight loss journey for the second time! Yes the second!

I started last year however I felt my relationship with food, image and weight loss was a bit mismatched, and I felt I had to set my own priorities and goals for my weight.

Now I'm back again and ready to start all over! Has anyone been in a similar experience of re-doing the programme?

My first appointment is next month which I'm looking forward to. I'm now based in Luton Obesity services so would love to know others experiences at Luton as well!

Looking forward to starting this journey with you all!

Sarnie

Hope everyone is having a great evening! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm currently about to embark on my tier 3 weight loss journey for the second time! Yes the second!

I started last year however I felt my relationship with food, image and weight loss was a bit mismatched, and I felt I had to set my own priorities and goals for my weight.

Now I'm back again and ready to start all over! Has anyone been in a similar experience of re-doing the programme?

My first appointment is next month which I'm looking forward to. I'm now based in Luton Obesity services so would love to know others experiences at Luton as well!

Hi, I didn't have a redo, but I did have my op at Luton Hospital, I was under them for exactly a year, 1st appointment 17th April 2018, surgery day 16th April 2019. I had a gastric bypass with Mr Jambulingham, all went well with no complications at all.
In that year I lost 10 stone, 2 stone prior to my first appointment. I had to do a 4 week milk diet at the beginning, to help lose the required 5% weight loss and to show commitment to the program, you do have to jump through a lot of their hoops and attend many appointments , I had to travel 3 hrs each way for each appointment, the m25 is a nightmare, so that is a pain in the arse, but you have to do it and it's worth it at the end of the day, because I got my op. I do feel that there is a lot of contradictory advice given from the team members, you see so many different nurses and they all tell you different which I found confusing, but other than that they are great and I did a lot of my own research anyway and worked out what was best for me. I've lost 4 stone in 6 months and feel 100% better than I did at the beginning on my journey 😊. Good luck x

KhalessiCiara

Wow Sarnie that's amazing! Well done for the weight loss! I had a similar experience of doing the milk diet in the first 4 weeks when I initially did tier 3. However now it says I have to attend a group information session before seeing a clinican, I'm not sure if they've changed this around tbf.

The travel was definitely a big thing. Even though I live in Luton, I would have to go into work later when I had appointments and the travel to work was far. Can I ask how did you find losing weight within tier 3? One of the reasons I stopped was because I didn't feel very supported by staff at the time.

Also how was the wait between finishing tier 3 and tier 4? My biggest worry is completing tier 3 and having to wait for surgery and see my weight increase :/

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome, I had my bypass in April 2018 by Mr Jain with no major problems, I’ve lost 8 stone and reached my target before a year, I have put on half a stone but I’m ok with that and everyone tells me I look better with it, my target was to be half the women I was which was 8st 2.5lb. my journey is also over 3 hours each way, it’s a day out! And as @Sarnie said you do have to jump through lots of hoops but it’s worth it, I also reiterate that some information and advice is contradictory so do plenty of research for yourself, there is plenty out there.
good luck, keep in touch x

Sarnie

Wow Sarnie that's amazing! Well done for the weight loss! I had a similar experience of doing the milk diet in the first 4 weeks when I initially did tier 3. However now it says I have to attend a group information session before seeing a clinican, I'm not sure if they've changed this around tbf.

The travel was definitely a big thing. Even though I live in Luton, I would have to go into work later when I had appointments and the travel to work was far. Can I ask how did you find losing weight within tier 3? One of the reasons I stopped was because I didn't feel very supported by staff at the time.

Also how was the wait between finishing tier 3 and tier 4? My biggest worry is completing tier 3 and having to wait for surgery and see my weight increase :/
Thank you 😊 I lost weight in T3 pretty easily, they gave me a plan to follow, but I did my own thing, I follow Dr V on YouTube, he's an American bariatric surgeon, he recommends green smoothies for breakfast and protein and salad for lunch and basically whatever you like for dinner, but obviously try and keep it healthy, I stuck to this easily I'd say 90% of the time. I didn't really need to rely on their (Luton hospital) support to be honest, I saw them every 3 months, so it was really down to me to focus myself on what I wanted to achieve, I did really want to be under 20 stone by day of surgery, but I didn't get there. I was 21.9 on day of surgery, down from 31 stone plus.
I finished T3 at the end of October and had my surgery on 16th of April, with 2 appointments in between, the time goes by really quickly I felt, so wasn't long to wait for me. You really do just have to keep your eye on the prize and do whatever it takes to get you there. x

Parsnip

Hi and welcome to the site. GOT fan by any chance?

Bling Babe

Parsnip

Bling Babe

Part of her username is a character from the game of thrones tv series x
Oh yes, I see now, sorry I’m a little slow 🤣 xx