• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi... im a newbie

bubbaloo82

Hi, im new on here! im currently waitin for my surgery date eeek... :) at St richards chichester! seem 2 have been waitin for like 4evaaa had my 1st appointment on 1st feb which i saw all the team... just wonderin if anyone can give me any ideas on a time scale... although nearly there really hate the waitin game... seems like my life is currently bein dangled on a piece of string... i can see it but cant quite grab it yet. :s x

Hi bubblaoo 82
Depends on which way your funding the op ( nhs or private )
Im doing the nhs route & my journey started 9months ago, although if its private funded your alot quicker.
Welcome to the site & if you have any q's, i'll help if i can or someone on here will
goodluck

Hi I'm new here too and currently in the dame situation as you. Im have met the team apart from the surgeon and waiting a date to meet him. I went to a seminar last week and we were told from now on everything will start moving fast with a time scale of 3 to 4 months and I'll be having it done. I was saying I would be wonderful if they rung up and said we've had a cancellation and you're in tomorrow lol. All this waiting is awful my mind is in overtime. Good luck x

Hi Mr doo and Pinkprincess77 :)
Thank u for replyin :) I 2 am NHS funded, my journey started quite some time ago (i had 2 stop due 2 havin child no3) im just desperate for that phone call with a date... as im sure we all r... :)
Are u both at St richards? x jo x

Welcome to the site :) I can't comment on your waiting times etc as I'm not from your area. Good luck with everything though x

hi... thank u :) deep down i know no one can give me the answers im lookin for will just have 2 wait grrr... would b nice hear from others an their experiences :) x jo x

It is frustrating but most of us NHS patients have been through or are going through the same waiting game ;) Hang in there - your turn will come :) x

As frustrating as it can be sometimes, in some ways i think the waiting is good. it gives you time to think. its a very big desision to make, and many people rush into all sorts of things without thinking them through, some end up happy and others have regrets, and you can only blame yourself if you rush into something and are not happy.

So I would look at it as time to prepare ones self, the appointments/surgery will come so just use the time to try and relax, make sure you have things at home that will help you with post opp, i here that many people prepare frozen food portions in ice cube trays etc. and mentaly prepare yourself for one of the biggest changes in your life. it may not be how everyone sees it, but thats how i do at the moment ;)

Hi bubbaloo82
I had my appointment at Chichester on the 14 dec i met all the team and was told I could have a bypass and it would be feb/march but no phone call or letter yet:(
I called them last week and was told maybe April as their running behind.
Hope it gives you some idea of waiting times :)

Hi Twix888

Thank u very much for that...:)
I'm slightly strugglin with the waitin... i was due 2 have surgery last year...but it was put on hold as found out new years day i was expectin a baby (bit of a shock lol) but we're back on track now :) after i had seen the team they told us we was lookin at it all done by june yet previously when i had phoned they told me it would b 2 -12 weeks after id been accepted... as they now have another surgeon an doin saturdays... i think mayb she shouldnt have said that...certainly got my hopes up... Really hope u get that phone call very soon... Good luck :) x jo x

Hi, im new on here! im currently waitin for my surgery date eeek... :) at St richards chichester! seem 2 have been waitin for like 4evaaa had my 1st appointment on 1st feb which i saw all the team... just wonderin if anyone can give me any ideas on a time scale... although nearly there really hate the waitin game... seems like my life is currently bein dangled on a piece of string... i can see it but cant quite grab it yet. :s x

Hey!!

I had my appointment on 1st feb too!! I went with my mum we were the last ones in at 10:45...

I called them today funnily enough and she said that they had just started to do Saturday surgeries on banders (I'm getting the band) she said she hadn't had updated list through yet but there was a lot of people still waiting!
:-(

I'm so glad I've found someone who's on the same timescales as me!!

What are you having?

Bex x

Hi Bex,

My appointment was 10am... long old day hey! but good result :) I drove 2 and half hours 2 get there. well worth it... Nearly there thank godness

Im goin for a bypass...

The girl i was with had a band a few years back lost 13+ stone she was there havin a fill as she had put some weight back on due 2 havin a baby...

Love hearin success stories! just cant wait for it 2 b us sharin the stories :)

I phoned last week 2... an they said the same 2 me :(

Im wishin the weeks away.... fingers crossed for us all

x jo x

Hi, I had my appointment at St Richards on 18th Jan and I got a phone call last Tuesday to say I could have my bypass on 17th April. So you are not far behind me and should get your surgery by the end of May? Hope you hear soon, the waiting kills you & I kept checking my phone every few minutes to check I hadn't missed a call! All the best.

hi Redorlando,

Thats fab news.... thank u for sharin your news with me :) bet ya well excited! i would b....im not bothered (well i am ) how long i have 2 wait its the not knowin thats the killer...just want a date i can count down 2... im scared of goin out in case they phone house an not mobile an i miss it so totally know where ya comin from there! good luck eeek x jo x

Hi, newbie here!

I was told two Saturdays ago that I got nhs funding :D I chose Chichester and sent my forms back to them last Wednesday.

How long did you wait before getting that 1st appointment?

Thanks x

Hi new dawn.

Hope ya well?!

I started my journey for surgery 2011 after many years of dietin
I actually got a letter confirming fundin back in aug 2012
Had 1st appointment feb 2013 with the team
Now its the waitin game :( hope this helps

Good luck on your journey :) x jo x

It's worth the wait but seems like forever! I had mine at St. Richards on 27th Nov and wore size 20-22 clothes, comfortably in 14s now, just ordered some bits from Debenhams in 12s and had to reorder in 10 as the 12 is too big! Took me 2 and a half years from asking my Doctor to op so was a long hard slog to get where I needed to be.
I also have a friend who went to meet the team on the 8th feb and is getting frustrated with waiting too, it's good to hear from you guys as I can tell her too :)
Good luck

New dawn - I sent off my forms last April heard early July that I had my first appointment 21st Sept then waited for pre op call, this came on 16th Nov as they slotted in an extra date went for pre ops on 17th then op on 27th November 2012, so I'm 4 months post op now :)

Bubbaloo - they phoned me at home first (hubby text to say they'd called) then they tried my mobile, being at work I missed that call too, but as hubby text me I just called them back, jumping for joy at work!

Back