• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm new here and feeling lost

Not sure where to start to be honest. I'm Paula and I'm having a gastric sleeve done 22nd September. Just trying to find out how people have got along afterwards. I have very mixed feelings about this. I know it's what I want to do but, terrified of the pain. Big chicken.

Not sure where to start to be honest. I'm Paula and I'm having a gastric sleeve done 22nd September. Just trying to find out how people have got along afterwards. I have very mixed feelings about this. I know it's what I want to do but, terrified of the pain. Big chicken.
Hi Paula, and welcome to the site :)
I had my sleeve 13 weeks ago now, and love it!!!
I had very little pain, so its not always bad :) Where are you having your op? I went with Cosmetic Bliss for mine. Good luck :) xxx

Hi, I'm having mine done at Kings College in London by Mr Ameer Patel. I have such mixed emotions. Don't handle pain very well lol

Hi, I'm having mine done at Kings College in London by Mr Ameer Patel. I have such mixed emotions. Don't handle pain very well lol
not everyone has a lot of pain, but its soooo worth it, you'll soon be much healthier, happier and slimmer, id marry my sleeve hahaha :D xxx

I hope the two of you will be very happy lol I am just trying to get as much knowledge as possible. And, really want to hear of other peoples experiences. I have been feeling really low because of the weight I guess and just want to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel x

I hope the two of you will be very happy lol I am just trying to get as much knowledge as possible. And, really want to hear of other peoples experiences. I have been feeling really low because of the weight I guess and just want to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel x
well there certainly is honey. im 62lb lighter so far, i can cross my legs, walk without stopping every 50 yards, buy clothes off the peg, and even wipe my arse without pulling a muscle! its amazing, ive still got a long way to go, but so far i feel amazing, and so will you :) xxx

Hi just been to my surgeon today and he says the sleeve has very good results and does not need vitamin supplements also let's you eat most foods he was very positive of both and I will be happy if I end up with a sleeve
I can fully understand the thoughts you are having as I have similar
Good luck on September
Mark

I think you and I have a very similar sense of humour Caren lol

Thanks Mark. Hope your's goes well

Holy Maloney Caren you have lost that in roughly 3 months?

Well done you. I don't even know you yet I feel proud of you lol

Hi ya. Like Caren I'm a sleever. Like Caren can do all those things & some I can't mention on here ;-)
I love my sleeve. Never looked back since op. I also had no pain but a few allergy problems that were easily resolved. I am 6 months post op on Saturday. 7 1/2 stones lighter, dress size 20 (was a 30). Exercising, walking & running (haven't run since the 1980s). I was almost immobile with bad sciatica back problem. You should see me now. I'm sure you won't regret it. It is hard work sometimes but the rewards are excellent. Just being able to shop in all the different clothes shops ( yes it can get expensive LOL), doing up an airline seat belt without having to get an extension belt, wrapping a bath towel around you with no gaps, having a lap, fitting into chairs, not being worried about 'will I get through that gap'. So many things.
This is the best forum & the posters on here are an amazing bunch. So much help, support & practical advice. Ask away we will all try to give you our best shot.

Thanks Lovey. I have been reading about you all especially you and Caren and i'm in ore (if that's the right spelling) of you. You should be so proud of yourselves. I know I am making the right decision but, just want to learn what others have gone through so I know what to expect.

That is the best way. I couldn't get enough info. Now I'm afraid I've turned into a bariatric bore but wake up every day feeling more amazed at this wonderful surgery I've been given. I am helping my best friend through with her journey. She has problems with funding but we will get there. we pour over info, recipes, in depth surgeries etc yeah I know saddos LOL

As they say knowledge is empowerment

Hi Incognito, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I had a bypass rather than a sleeve. I woke up with some pain but it was managed very well with morphine, everyone is different when it comes to pain, some feel none and some have it but no one is left in pain, you get as much pain relief as you need so you don't have to worry about that. What pain I did have went very quickly and I was home within 2 days just a bit sore. The recovery quickly becomes a distant memory when you start losing weight and finding yourself self so much more physically able. I've lost 51 lbs since my surgery 12 weeks ago. I've got my mobility back and I'm happier than I've been in years. Very much worth it I'd say. Good luck on your journey and for your surgery. You will get great support here :) x

Whether its a bander, bypasser or sleever, there are lots of people here to help guide and motivate you. A massive, big, friendly welcome :)

Last edited:
Thanks all. I am truly inspired by you all.Balsy bunch lol

i,m scared too

hi got my op on tue 28th having a bypass starting to feel very nervous now too but i,m sure evrything will go well :D

Back