• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, i'm Sarah

skydreamer

:wavey: Hi Guys,
Well as you can see i'm a newbie (very nervous) so many times i've looked at the site but been scared to join for one silly reason or another.
Finally plucked up the courage and i'm one week away from surgery on 2nd September, i'm having a gastric bypass.

Since the lovely nurse called with the news I just went into shock, then happiness but since i've been weirdly numb. I'm hoping something will hit me soon as my husband and parents are the ones doing the freaking out. lol.

Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself and if anyone needs to talk i'm here.

(((HUGS))) Sarah

Hi Sarah - welcome to the forum - this is a really friendly site - if there is anything you want to know - just ask and someone will be able to help. Good luck with your bypass - I had mine almost 5 weeks ago and no complaints so far x

Good luck Sarah, how long have you waited for a surgery date? x

Hi and a very warm welcome Sarah :) its a fantastic friendly site so don't be scared lol just jump on in and get chatting :) all the help and support is here for you ....... wish you all the very best ............... you wont regret it x x x x

Don't feel scared and nervous about posting anything..best to ask away with any worries or questions.
After all us here have first hand experience....good luck

skydreamer Hi Sarah and welcome to a great site. You will find so much support here. Like you many of us including me was in the exact boat apprehensive and worried of joining. You have taken that step so well done.All the best with your journey you will be fine. My surgery is 27th Nov for bypass let me know how your doing please please .Best wishes love and again welcome.

Well as you can see i'm a newbie (very nervous) so many times i've looked at the site but been scared to join for one silly reason or another.
Finally plucked up the courage and i'm one week away from surgery on 2nd September, i'm having a gastric bypass.

Since the lovely nurse called with the news I just went into shock, then happiness but since i've been weirdly numb. I'm hoping something will hit me soon as my husband and parents are the ones doing the freaking out. lol.

(((HUGS))) Sarah

Welcome Sarah... all the best with your op...hope all goes well..

xx

Thank you

Thanks so much guys, it's great to know you're out there. xx
I went for the first group meeting with the bariatric nurse and dietitian on 4/4/14, so I haven't been waiting that long considering it's NHS.
I've been on every diet going since I was 12, and 16 years later both me and and the doctors think enough is enough so my walnut sized stomach will be my full stop to this point in my life and I can move on to the healthier future :gimi:

I will keep everyone updated and post as often as I can. So far i'm finding the 1000 cal food liver shrinking is ok, i'm actually getting less and less hungry.

Keep everything crossed for everyone, (((HUGS))) Take care xxx

(((HUGS))) Sarah

Hello Sarah!!

Hope your surgery went smooth and you are having a speedy recovery! :)

Hi Sarah.

Welcome to the site and best of luck to you with your surgery and onwards progress xx

Hi Sarah, I hope your surgery went well, look forward to your progress , as I am waiting for a date for bypass

Sorry pressed send before finishing message , bit new to all this anyway just to finish take care hope all is well xxxx

Back