• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, introducinging myself.

jillyiant

Hello all.
So glad to find out that there is a site for all us who opt for surgery. I have been for all sorts of weight management programmes for many many years & now have reached the point of my appointment on Monday with Mr Marco Barecca & his anesthetist Luton & dunstable( Has anyone had him do their surgery). Im told the waiting list is not very long so anyone know if I get my surgery date on monday? or have I another visit to make. I have read so much & researched all procedures & am opting for bypass so all hints & tips would be greatly appreciated. So excited now that im hoping it wont be too long, so many nice clothes hanging in my wardrobe that I would love to get back into. I have read all the bad things that can happen but they seem to be far & few between now as things has improved.Will be updating my profile as soon as I can, again a big Hello.:wave_cry:

Hello and welcome to the site. I can not help u but there will be someone along soon who can best of luck xx

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

hey and welcome. i cant really help as im still at the beginning of the journey, but im sure there will be some1 to answer your questions soon. when did u apply for wls? xx

Back in April last year, I attended addenbrookes weight loss programme first then got my funding and appointment at luton in march this year.

ahh sounds like it will be soon then that u have ur op. usually a 12 month weight from what iv seen. hope u get the good news soon x

Welcome here. It's a great site & everyone so helpful & friendly. I'm a sleever 25 Feb & loving it. Hard work getting the food right etc but loving all the new clothes & being able to walk up stairs etc. good luck.

Thank you I am really looking forward to reading more posts, sleeve... yes I did think about that myself why was it your choice?

My original choice was a band until I had my first consultation. Surgeon explained all my options & I was horrified at some of the procedures as I felt were very drastic. I had never been in hospital or had an operation in my life. However I could see that the band was not right for me & too high maintanance. I did a lot of reading around the subject & discussed with my hospital team & my GP & surgeon felt tht a sleeve was best for me & his results are very comparable to those with bypass. I went for this & have lost 6 stones & 5 dress sizes so far. Feeling great but still have a very retricted diet & have problems with protein levels as I don't like meat. However I'm never hungry & coping well. Hope that helps.

Sounds like you have done brilliantly, well done.... im going the hole hog as they say down this way, in for a penny in for a pound, they say its the better one to keep the weight off & get rid of my diabetes.

Definitely. I was in hospital with a bypassed & she is now free of diabetes no more insulin injections. She is doing well too. Her pal also had a bypass last August & he was diabetic & in a wheelchair - not anymore! He looks great.

I'm at L and D, but had Mr Whitelaw. They are a fantastic team, very pleased with my care and my bypass. You will get your surgery date if you have maintained or lost the weight that you managed to lose from your 5% milk diet. I don't know what his waiting times are as each person is different, but I do know that people seen in April have got ops this month.

Just have to maintain till monday then as I only went on thursday, was lucky there was an appointment with the surgeon for monday.

:welcome:

Both me & the lady who had a bypass went in on Saturday & came out Monday morning.
We both had no pain & wounds healed in no time. 2 of my tiny scars have gone & other 3 are fading nicely. Hope tht helps.

Hi, my consultant was Mr Barecca and I had a bypass at L&D, 23/2/12, best thing I ever did. No good at putting in links etc but if you click on my details and the follow my posts I've given quite detailed explanations of what happened to me, if you're interested.

I was in for two nights :) One night in HDU one on the ward, but that was largely due to sleep apnoea. Some people are only in for one night.

Back