• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi ladies and gentlemen, a bit about me

louisaL

looking to make a change!
hi!

I've been in and out of the cambridge diet forums on minimins and the ww board and on yet another failure i've decided with extreme careful thinking to bite the bullet and have surgery.
I asked my doctor today and she didnt even hestitate to say OK.

I'm 30yrs old, 28st 3lbs and have lost 3st on my own from aug last year to feb this year on the cambridge diet and ww.

When i get motivated i'm extremly motivated but it only lasts about 2 months max and the rest is a constant struggle.
I've been big all my life, and getting to 31st 3lbs last august was the final straw i HAD to do something and fast.
Now since loosing 3st i feel healthier of course but annoyed that i just cant get lower and lower until i'm at a healthy weight and with being 30, married for 3yr the body clock starting ticking a loooong time ago so it has to happen and soon!

i've got so many questions to ask about having surgery but first i will take the time to read through all your lovely posts, and look forward to getting to know you

louisa x

Hi and :welcome: This is a great site to belong to, loads of advice and support. Trust me ....you might need it lol. It isnt an easy journey but hopefully well worth it. Im not there yet but hopefully not too much longer now. Good luck with the ride..hold tight :D

thank you jacqui x

Noooooooo don't listen to Dotty!!!

Let go, stick your hands in the air when you get to the top of the hill and screammmmmmmmmmmmmmm if you wanna go faster....

Seriously it is one hell of a ride, but once your on it and near the end the rush is absolutely awesome xx

lol thanks julie hehehe

Hi again and thanks for introducing yourself.
Your dieting efforts sound a lot like mine! I am the star pupil of weightwatchers or Lighter life or whatever...but when I lose the plot I do it big time!
Now I have been sliced and diced though and feel as though I have been given a whole new fresh stab at it!
Good luck and keep us posted x

Hi Louisa and welcome to this fantastic site, where you will meet so many lovely people, and will get answers to anything you are unsure about. I am so glad I found this place, and just want to wish you lots of luck on your wls journey xxxx

Welcome to the site the guys and girls are amazing very informative and honest. Your dieting habits sound so much like mine. look forward to reading further posts and a massive good luck on your journey xx

Hi ya and welcome,

Yeah same here done all the diets and been on and off of Minis too on all the threads till I didnt know what one to go on. When I decided and WLS I couldnt believe minis has started this one and if just as fab.

Good luck on your journey and I can assure you it will be worth it.

Welcome & good luck with your journey, not to dampen the mood but expect the journey to take a while, i know when i started out in feb 09 i thought i'd be done & dusted but christmas 09 but it more likely to be christmas 10, which i'm ok with but the wait has been a bit of a shock, hope to see you around the site :D Em xx

hi!

I've been in and out of the cambridge diet forums on minimins and the ww board and on yet another failure i've decided with extreme careful thinking to bite the bullet and have surgery.
I asked my doctor today and she didnt even hestitate to say OK.

I'm 30yrs old, 28st 3lbs and have lost 3st on my own from aug last year to feb this year on the cambridge diet and ww.

When i get motivated i'm extremly motivated but it only lasts about 2 months max and the rest is a constant struggle.
I've been big all my life, and getting to 31st 3lbs last august was the final straw i HAD to do something and fast.
Now since loosing 3st i feel healthier of course but annoyed that i just cant get lower and lower until i'm at a healthy weight and with being 30, married for 3yr the body clock starting ticking a loooong time ago so it has to happen and soon!

i've got so many questions to ask about having surgery but first i will take the time to read through all your lovely posts, and look forward to getting to know you

louisa x

Hiya, welcome to the site. I too have been a serial dieter. After years of struggle where I lost a couple of stone but then fell off the wagon and it piled back on again, I decided to ask for the surgery. I heard nothing for a couple of months so put it to the back of my mind and started the CD where I lost 2.5 stone. However, yet again i got sick of the shakes and went off of the diet and gained half a stone. I then heard from the hospital with a date and the 2 stone I had lost from CD really helped me as it showed the hospital I was serious about losing weight and got me fit for the op. Fingers crossed that you will get the op date through quickly. You will find loads of support on here as we've all been through the same journey x

Back