• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi, looking for surgery in ne england

janie32

Hi
i am janie.
i am 32 years old, and am looking into gastric surgery now.

Two years ago my gp told me i meet the crieteria for surgery, but I declined at that time, wanting to give other options another try.

I have fought for 7 years to get help, was given orlistat 3 years ago, then we moved house from down south to newcastle, and the gp said "oh lets see how you go without these now" despite me having only lost 4 stone of the 11 i have to loose.
IDIOT, cos now they wont give me another try on them.

so now I am looking into surgery.
I live in sunderland, and was wondering if anyone in the area can recommend a gp understanding of overweight people? mine now isnt very good at all.

I am trying to see if I could maybe afford it privately, but that is likely to take me two or more years to save for.

I am desperate. All i want is to play football with my kids, or fit in a roller coaster ride, or go swimming without being stared at.

I want to feel happier, healthier and not die young from a heart attack or stroke.
I am depressed, due to my weight, but my gp wont admit i am depressed due to my weight.... which makes me even more depressed..

I feel so low, all I want is to shed the weight....

any adivce tips etc welcomed, thanks

janie

Go see your gp and ask for a referal to weight management clinic,I am sure there are folks on here from your neck of the woods that will help you.

hi, the feelings your having at the moment are common, we'v all been there, and some of us are still. you have come to the right place. somone will be along soon from your area.
chin up sue.

hello honey welcome to minis i had my bypass done by mr small at sunderland royal,your doctor should refer you as you have tried everything else,i have a real pain in the a**e doctor he referd me to get me out his hair,im sorry im not much help on the doctor front,just try asking him/her to refer you if not keep trying as most gps dont have a clue about wls x x x x x x x x sarah

You beat me to it Sarah! I was just going to say that you and Liz have had surgery in Sunderland on NHS. :)

xxx

Hi and welcome to minis it is a fantastic place to be. It helps us all because we are all in the same boat. I too suffer from depression and alot of it is down to this weight issue. I attended the obesity clinic at my local hospital and lost 3 stone. As soon as I started to eat again it started to go back on. When I was diagnosed with depression in october of last year it all went on and more besides. I am now bigger than I have ever been. The dr at the obesity clinic applied for funding for gastric bypass last December hopefully a decision is going to be made on Wednesday by the pct to decide if funding will be granted. I suggest you go see your gp and ask to be refered. Check on your local pct what criteria is needed for you to qualify for funding. Hope you get what you need because I know exactly how you feel. Good luck and take care.

Just wanted to say welcome to mini's...you will love the support you'll get here.

If the GP recommended surgery to you just 2 years ago, go back and remind him/her and get the referral you need.

Once you get the referral you can discuss with the surgeon your options.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

its a pretty simple process here all you need is your gp's referal, it does take a year to get to surgery from the seminar but its very much worth the wait, i also am a nhs patient under mr small.

liz x

Hi and welcome to MM def go back and speak to ur gp and check the Bospa site to see what the criteria is for your pct for wls then u have all the info with you to say you meet their criteria plus he has referred you b4.
Take care luv Roch xx

Back