• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi People :)

Rosabel

Hi Everyone,
Just to introduce myself,i am from Manchester,at the very start of the process and hopefully will be accepted for the Gastric Bypass. Waiting now to hear if there is enough funding for me,then onto the other appointments to see the Surgeon,Dietician etc.My first appointment went very well and apparently the Doctor says i would be a suitable candidate to have it done,so anyway,fingers crossed.
Does anyone know how long it might take before i hear about the funding? My hospital appointment was 2 weeks ago,hope i hear soon.
Take care and Good Luck all :) xxx

Hi and good luck with your journey xx

Hi and welcome to the site. It can be various amounts of time some people hear with a couple of weeks and others are longer. Good luck with your journey.

hi rosabel, welcome to the site.
good luck with your funding. sue

Hiya , welcome and good luck with your funding x

Awww thank you very much everyone,and the best of luck on your journeys also :) What a nice place to be here amongst people who really understand the fight against this horrid disease.Thank you.

Hi Everyone,
Just to introduce myself,i am from Manchester,at the very start of the process and hopefully will be accepted for the Gastric Bypass. Waiting now to hear if there is enough funding for me,then onto the other appointments to see the Surgeon,Dietician etc.My first appointment went very well and apparently the Doctor says i would be a suitable candidate to have it done,so anyway,fingers crossed.
Does anyone know how long it might take before i hear about the funding? My hospital appointment was 2 weeks ago,hope i hear soon.
Take care and Good Luck all :) xxx
Hi Rosabel, welcome to the site, you should be able to find out everything you wish to know about wls on here. - Paul x

Hello and welcome. all pct's are different regarding how long funding desicions can take mine took 4 weeks from my first appointment with my surgeon.

Hello and welcome. all pct's are different regarding how long funding desicions can take mine took 4 weeks from my first appointment with my surgeon.
Ah ok, well guess i will have to wait to see what comes through the post.I have only had the initial assessment,no appointment to see the surgeon yet.It's so stressful waiting and waiting,but this is only the start i know. Thanks for all replies :)

You're going to love it here everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Good luck with you funding.
hugs
Sandra x

Hi Rosabel

congratulations on starting your journey. Where do you hope to have your surgery?

Hi Rosabel

congratulations on starting your journey. Where do you hope to have your surgery?
Hi Gail,
I hope to have my surgery done at the Salford Royal Hospital,ah,i see your details say you had yours done there,and by the same surgeon i am probably going to be seeing. I have had my first appointment, had bloods taken, ECG, measurements etc and a chat with the nurse about what it involves etc.Thats all up to now.Just waiting.

Best of luck to you. The team at Salford Royal are excellent, you'll be well looked after x

Hi and good luck on your journey hun xx:D

Hi All, just joined and wanted to say hello, first appointment with mr Safi tomorrow, can't wait..
Anyone else attending/ed The Whittington

Back