• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there everyone, I'm new here and need a warm welcome :)

Hi
Day 5 post op
Feeling good today apart from being shattered. OH got a call from a work colleague last night saying that a group of them are in town and would he go for a drink (this is the man who never goes out). So he was off out within ten mins. Leaving me and the kids gobsmacked. I tried to go to bed early and couldn't sleep. In he rolled at 3am stinking of Pernod and something greasy. Yuk. He then proceeded to snore all night.
Now isn't that kind and considerate?
I hope he chokes!!!
Men? Tut!

Ohhh just a bit nervous today. I am having my clips out. I hope it doesn't hurt :(

Good luck but I am sure u ll be done and dusted in no time. How is the recovery Going?

All done and no tears. My scars are so tiny. How did they possibly fit my band and all the instruments inside me??
Recovery is good thanks mis. I am up and about doing everything. I am trying hard to stick to the sloppy food but now and again I have been sneaking stuff that I shouldn't be having. I can feel some resistance and feel full up after a small meal for example I had about 1 quarter of my omelette in sainsburys this morning. Not bad hey? It should be easier when I can eat normal food.

There are only so many ways you can have mash :)

juliebird said:
clips out doesn't hurt at all. i was absolutely dreading it too.
xxx

Thanks jules. I was a bit scared. I can remember when I was a student taking out someone's clips and they were screaming and rolling about the bed. Bloomin drama queen it doesn't hurt!!! And for years I have been left traumatised :) haha

Sitting here drinking wine. Naughty me!

I have just been for a special tea with my family and I was able to still keep my secret. There was so much going on that nobody noticed that I hardly ate anything. Whoop ;) must admit though the lying is very hard :(

Susie, I would be very careful about having foods you're not supposed to have this early on. You could damage your band. You need to give everything time to heal up luv. I am a sleever, and was told two weeks just liquids (that included purees but certainly no scrambled eggs or mushy foods) then two weeks mushy food, followed by (at four weeks post op) slowly and carefully experimenting with solids. I have stuck to it; I don't want to damage myself after everything I've been through. It's only a few weeks and you have the rest of your life to eat whatever you want, in moderation.

As to telling/not telling people, I have a chosen inner circle of people I have told. It's very useful to have people who know, and can support me. These include hubby, (of course) all my kids who are adult and married and their spouses, and some close friends. I'm an open sort of person and need to have people to talk to. Everyone is different of course.

Happy Christmas lovely xx

Hi everyone
Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas. I have been looking through some of the older posts and they are very fascinating and informative. Not to mention the hard work put in to huge weight losses.
Anyway that has given me an old kick up the bum. I am completing my fitness pal again today and stating the Saturday weigh in on the forum.
I had been pretty much sticking to what the surgeon advised and am happy but my brain needs a reshape!! I keep telling myself I am not dieting so therefore not being carefully as to what slips in my big gob that is not supposed to. Ho-hum. So a kick up the bum is required.
Problem is I am full in the morning when I first get up and starving at night. I am encouraging myself to have breakfast to try to get the old metabolism woken up.
Anyway let's see how this works. I will weigh in tomorrow and hope for a good weight loss next sat.
Wish you all luck x
Sue

Great post Susie. I do the Saturday weight in. It's a great way to keep on track. I am the same ad you. Cld go all day without eating but comes 4 o'clock onwards I can eat the contain of the entire fridge. But I am.a slow looser but ss long as I am not gaining any weight I ll be very happy. So to a skinny healthy 2012 xxx

Yes join us for the Saturday weigh in thread...it does help. I always needed breakfast until I had the band and now I've no appetite as feel restricted first off in a morning. I won't force it as will do more harm than good. As for evening munchies...will they ever go away :)

welcome hun xxx

Welcome n good luck ;)

Here I am at the hospital waiting for my first band fill. I am a little worried but keen to find out what it is like.
I will tell you all later how it goes x
Have a lovely day :)

How did it gox

Hi there I'm new to the site as well. Just wanted to say hi and say I understand the trying to keep it a secret as I also have made that decision and have told my dad and best friend only. I hope all goes well for you. xx

Back