• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi There! North West Member

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
Hi Everyone.

I am so excited! I have 110% decided on gastric bypass surgery.

I'm 23 years old, weigh roughly 25 stone and am 5ft2. Like most people, I've tried every diet under the sun. I've chosen surgery because I feel as though loosing 15 stone through diet and exercise is such a daunting task. I feel I also need the extra help I will get through surgery.

I had my loan approved last night for £9000. I've chose to use Roger Ackroyd to perform the surgery and use the Claremont Hospital through WLS Group.

Has anyone else used Mr Ackroyd, visited this hopsital or used WLS Group ? :)

I'm moving house at the end of this month. So hoping to book in for early September.

Next steps are to book in 100% with WLS Group, find our full recovery time and book it off work.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sam
x

Hi Sam and welcome! I dont know your Dr but I'm sure someone will be along who does. Good luck with your journey you are in the right place for all your questions to be answered x

Thanks Mandy. Just booked my surgery date now 6th September :)

Woo hoo - not long now. i had my gastric bypass done last September and have lost 7st 4lb and i feel fantastic. You wont look back honest xx

Hi hun, good luck not long to go, I live in north wales so not far x

Hi Sam and welcome. I am also having a bypass through WLS but in Orpington in Kent so don't know your surgeon. I've found WLS very good so far, and I chose them because their aftercare package looks pretty good - I don't want to have my surgery and feel that there is no-one I can turn to if I have a query. Good luck, it doesn't sound like an easy journey but most people seem to think that it has all been worth it in the end:)

There are some things which worry me of course. Things like how and why dumping happens, the fact im now in debt lol.

Just told my boss about all the dates and time off. He's approaching HR to see if I can have it off as sick rather than holidays, as I'm pretty sure I wont be relaxing!

Thanks for your messages everyone. I've been made to feel very welcome
x

Hello, I'm not far from you and as you can see had my bypass 3 years ago and am a happy size 10 :)

If you do a site search you should find references to Dr Ackroyd, I've seen his name mentioned here before, and don't recall anything negative.

If there are any questions I can help with, just shout. Would you like more info on dumping?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Wow very nice work!

Id love to know more about everything haha.

I've just posted a thread in the support group section. Might be good if we could all meet sometime :)

MissDiet said:
Hi Everyone.

I am so excited! I have 110% decided on gastric bypass surgery.

I'm 23 years old, weigh roughly 25 stone and am 5ft2.

Sam
x

Hi Sam you have made a big decision and at only 23 your health and life will recover. I wish I had not waited so long 42 before making my decision.
Good luck on your journey please keep us all posted on your progress.

BigDave

Hi there,

I had a band with the WLS group and Rodger Ackroyd. I have been very pleased with them from the start really. I was very well looked after in hospital (sheffield) and Mr Ackroyd is a very experienced and respected surgeon (he is also a bit hunky as well, if you like the surgeon type ;)). The aftercare is what they are all about though and I have really needed it as I have had quite slow weight loss even for a bander and they have supported me all the way. I think if I had not had their support I may of given up. They have been great but so thet should be for the money we pay.

Hope that helps and good luck with your op and everything. A new you is around the corner.

Leesh x

Good luck.
I am from the North West too but had a different surgeon.
I'm sure you have made the right decision.
Take care of yourself and I know you will have lots of help and advice from everybody on the forum.
Lynne x

Back