• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

NEDebz

Hi

I'm Debbie, I live in the NE, under South Tyneside PCT and have an appointment with my GP on Thursday to ask her for a referral for WLS.

I was referred for it 4 years ago but having managed to loose 4st myself by the time I got my referral I decided not to go ahead...how I wish I'd gone ahead.

I'm not sure of my current weight or BMI but guess at 5ft 2 I'm around 48-50. I certainly feel as if I'm the heaviest I've ever been and my weight is disrupting my life.

My weight loss trials have been well documented with my GP over the years (about 18) and about 8 months ago I had 12 weeks of vouchers for Slimming World from the GP but I'm not sure of the current regulations. I'm hoping I don't have to do the 'six months' of various options first.

I also have documented mental health problems but not sure if that will cause any issues as I've heard of some people being refused surgery as a result.

Anyway I've rambled enough!! Hope to get to know you all :wavey:

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to WLS support forums and I am sure someone who can help answer your questions will be along soon.

In the meantime have a look around and make yourself at home and if you need any hep please ask.

Love Mini xx

Hi there Debbie and welcome. Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. Keep us updated on how you are getting along..

Don't be shy, post any questions/concerns you have, there are always helpful supportive people around to help out.

Nic:wave_cry:

Hi, welcome to WLSurgery :) Fingers crossed for Thursday, we'll be waiting to hear how it goes!

Does anybody have any suggestions for anything I should take with me when I go to see my GP?

Hi Nedebz

Welcome to the site. I don't think you need to take anything to your doctors. I would just suggest that you are honest with them and say that you feel this is now the last resort. They should be able to see from your medical history all other methods you have tried.

Wishing you the best for your appointment.

Good luck with your gp appointment!

Thanks for all the replies, this is all so scary but exciting too!!

Hi hun - good luck with your appointment with the GP. He/She obv knows you well from all your previous appointments and the struggles you've had so lets hope they see this as the "tried everything already" scenario so they can refer you for WLS. Wish you all the best on your journey and your in the right place here everyone is really supportive so welcome and good luck! xx Laura xx

Back