• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

chezez

I would like to say hello to you all, I have just been to my weight management clinic today and was told that Ive been approved for nhs funding wow it was so fast my GP is such a star he is so fast at getting everything started. The thing is they have found out that I'm hypoglycemic and i have to go on a low GI diet properly for the rest of my life to steady out my sugar levels. The nurse said there is a 9 month waiting list wow I thought it would have been longer, I have mixed feelings a bit scared to be honest but I know that if I dint have this Op I will die. xx

Hi Chezez,

A big warm welcome to the WLS forum!

Sounds like you have a great GP which can be half the battle sometimes!

This is a great place to get advice & compare notes with others in your area....hope your journey goes quickly! Good luck!

Hi Ya, Welcome to a fab site where you will find some real honest opinions and help on WLS.

Hope that you join in and chat to us further about what surgery you are put forward for etc and I know everyone will be more than happy to offer support and good advice.
Take care and good luck

Hi and congratulations on getting approved for funding for your surgery!

Am hoping you will fill in a bit more of your profile so we can see where you're from and what kinda surgery you are thinking of having etc... We are a nosey lot on here, plus if you have questions relevant to your pct if one of us is from there we know and can help out xx

Hiya,
Welcome. Have a nosey around and it will help you make the right decissions.

Good Luck and well done on the funding!
x

Hi and welcome to this wonderful, fantastic site, I am sure you will love it here, everyone is so friendly and always able to offer advice on whatever questions you may have.
Good luck on your journey xxxxxx

Hi chezez
Welcome and good luck................xxx

Hiya everyone! just wondering it someone could help me plz? I went to see my Gp and asked if i could have WLS. He said he is going to refer me to a weight management program which is for 12 wks. I've read on here 6mths. I just feel confused at the moment as it didn't fully sink in in the doctors and now i have questions. How long does it usually take for WM team to get intouch with you? Do they decide if you need to be refered? How long is the wait for surgery if u r excepted? I live in Warrington. Thank you for any help and so sorry for all the questions and ive proberbly wrote it in the wrong place. xxx

Hi all thanks for your support I'm trying to find my way around this site lol so info with be added as I find out how to do it lol, I had a call from the hospital yesterday say I had an other appointment but this time to see the dietitian as I have to go on a low GI diet to sort my sugars out, and this morning I have another appointment with the OBS nurse wow I really cant believe how fast things are going xx

It all sounds fantastic hun. So quick.

Hope it all goes well for you. Keep us updated.

Best Wishes

xxx

fantastic news

Back