• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiatus Hernia?

A.Positive

Since my Diagnostic Laparoscopy on the 12th September I have noticed a amounting discomfort on my left hand side that sits just above and just below my ribcage. If I press it feels like a "bubble".

To those of you who have had a Hiatus Hernia, what were your symptoms?

If I'm right Apositive, I don't think you'd be able to feel a hiatus hernia externally. I think it's where the stomach protrudes into the oesophagus. There are other types of hernia that come out and show on the skin though.

I could be wrong though. Hope you get an answer.

I have a hiatus hernia but can't feel anything externally. I get a lot of reflux and lots of discomfort just under my cage right in the centre. I often describe it feeling like I've swallow a brick!
That's my experience but I have no clue if it's possible to feel this type of hernia on the outside.

I have an epigastric hernia, which is a protrusion. I have a lump the size of my cupped hand.

Mine is known as epigastric because of its position on my body, ie above my navel. Depending on where it presents they have different names xx

There are many different types of hernia and they are name according to the position on your body...

I had a umbilical hernia which was just to the right of my navel and below my ribs..

My son had an inguinal hernia which was in his groin area to the right ...

Both felt like pockets of jelly/air to the touch when pushed..

Both have been repaired without a problem..

I'm sure your surgeon: GP will be able to tell you quite quickly ...

Thank you.

Had a check up with surgeon and agreed to a hernia operation. Been place on the waiting list , so probably within 3 months. Concerned re. possible recovery period particularly in light of post op complications with my sleeve.

I didn't know i had one until i had my camera down before my op. Then it all sort of fit together alot of belching after food and acid but u definitely can't feel it externally x

Back