• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hit my 2st plateau

lamb_reader

I'm 19 weeks post op sleeve and so far the entire month of June (so far 3 weeks) has been a stall.
I. Am. Going. Mad.
It is so frustrating!!!! I've changed up my exercise, eaten less, eaten more - nothing works... I know, I just have to keep going. This is not my first stall (as the title implies) but this one is really stubborn :flamingmad:
Thanks for letting me vent ;)

I'm doing well, Lamb_reader, thanks to your inspiring food logs. I've copied - thanks again - your breakfast protein shake and it really helped after a week of nearly no weight loss.
I too ordered from MyProtein. I chose Impact Whey Isolate no-flavour and also samples of the flavoured powders. Which one are you using and which one do you like the best? To me, the unflavoured tastes yucky and I have to add some coffee. Banana was nice enough and Toffee was far too sweet with an alcoholic back taste.

MyProtein is amazing! I use Impact Whey Protein. I mix different kinds - some of the flavoured ones are just too sweet on their own... I like Latte & Chocolate Nut the best but I switch it up. Which ones do you like?

I only bought a pack of unflavoured and samples of strawberry, chocolate, chocolate mint, banana and toffee. Toffee was far too sweet but banana was fine. Still haven't tried the others.
The unflavoured one is yucky by itself and I add coffee to make it drinkable.
I also add the unflavoured to frittata, meatballs, ice cream, frozen yoghurt etc. whenever i can to boost protein intake.
I've discovered that they also sell FlavDrops to add flavour to the unflavoured. I may try some of the drops instead of buying big (expensive) 1kg. flavoured sachets. Have you tried the drops?

No, I haven't tried the drops. I bought the samples and made my choices. But they sadly don't do all flavours as samples (yet). There're a few flavours that sound good but since I can't try them first, I won't buy them - too big a risk... Let me know which samples you like.

I certainly will.
I use Impact Whey Isolate and it come in only 5 or 6 flavours but it's packed with proteins and is low cal.
I'm not sure if I can post a link to a blog with tons of post op recipes and tons of tips in using proteins. I'll message you, if you don't mind.

Oooh you 2 are very good with your protein! I consider eggs, a wee cube of cheddar cheese, meat, fish and sliced cold meat good sources of protein lol. I have never tried protein powders, my team don't mention them. I'm not sure I will like them though...do they taste nice? I always think things like that will taste yeasty! lol xx

I dislike most protein powders, too. I've tried many different one - and no matter the price and/ or quality none of them tasted good to me. But I wasn't able to get enough protein through my food intake and my hair started falling out like crazy so gave protein powders another go. A nice lady from this forum told me about myprotein and since they do sample sizes I tried them - and you know what? I like them. Not all, but some of them are really nice. You can mix different kinds, the price is ok, they dissolve well and the calories are ok, too. You might want to try them if you're not getting enough protein. Ideally you are getting enough 'tho and you can safe yourself the money. My hair loss is still there but it is getting a little better...

Thanks for the info, I will certainly give them a go xx

@Sashie, you don't have to try yucky powders (some may be less yucky but none is really good) if you eat enough prots, according to your team's guidelines.
I'm still on a 600 calories regime (my nutritionist says to keep that for as long as possible) and definitely not eating enough prots. 60g is what my nutritionist requires and it's not easy to fit 60g of prots in 600 cals so I decided to try MyProtein shakes that are cheaper than the ones I can find in the shops here in Italy (and we do not have many health shops either).

@Lamb, this morning I tried strawberry and it tasted OK. Maybe only a little too sweet for me.

Last edited:
Ah ok, we don't have a calorie limit. I try to have protein in every meal. I don't know if it's enough or not but my team are happy with my meal plans.
Thanks for the info though xx

I think I've stalled at some point in every stone. I totally agree - it can drive you stir-crazy!! Glad it's starting to shift x

Back