• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All im new and just wanted to knw a few things plz

pinkylin

I am currently awating my consultation which is on the 17th of this month which i cant wait for.
I went the doc this yr in june not sure of date now think it was around 16th and as id already had diet types of one sort or another over the past few yrs and had been on weight watchers for over a yr and only lost 2stone and now the weight loss had seem to stop i asked could i be refered for wls she said she would have to look in to it as she didnt knw how to go about it but 1wk later id been asked to phone her to see if shed done it she said yes and to wait for a letter of the pct to see if id be givin the funding to get it done a few weeks later i got my letter to say i had so was happy bout that and that i would hear from them in 4 to 6 wks with an appointment for my consultaion which i did get 6wks later and as ive said is this month now my question is how long do you think i will wait for my op and will the surgeon say yes to me my friend who had hers done this yr in jan said she ony waited 3months for op after consultation and another friend i got talkin to the other day said she only waited a month after her consultation so im hoping i dont have to wait that long but ive heard of peeps waiting yrs for the op and this scares me big time how long did you wait?:confused:

forgot to say im goin to the spire hosp on the wirrel liverpool has anyone been here for there op?

Hi,

I'm under Spire Murrayfield (Wirral) for my aftercare. Had my surgery done at a different Spire, but transferred to this one for my aftercare as it's nearer. The dietician is great, and the consultants I've met have been lovely.

We've had a few members have their surgery there recently, not too many as they've not been operating there long. Mr Kerrigan, one of the surgeons, has a fantastic reputation though.

Are you in Liverpool?

Hi and welcome to minis, very friendly site and everyone is so helpful and supportive. Sorry not had surgery yet (going to appeal funding). I think it depends on the hospital and how long you have to wait for all the other tests, psychological assessment and any sleep apnea tests that might be needed. Good luck at your appt hope you don't have to wait too long.

hi shelbell yes im in liverpool are you? how long did you wait for your op hun?

hi dreamofbeinslim thanx i hope i dont wait long to lol i hope you get the funding and it comes through soon for you lin.x

hi welcome to minis. im having my bypass at salford royal, i first saw consultant there in dec last year and hope to be having op at the end of this month.salford seams to take longer than some other places so hopefully you wont have to waite as long good luck...........kath x

thanx kath and gud luck with op hun.xx

Last edited:
hiya hun hehe i love this site tar huni.x

oh btw how do i get me photo on my page when i post for peeps to see?

I am not very good at explaining what to do but didn't want to read and not reply..Someone more computer literate will be along soon I am sure.

At the top of the page, click on "User CP" (on the blue section). In User CP, click on Edit avatar; click on custom avatar and upload your picture. Save of course.
Hope that helps.

ta hun will giv it a go.x

I think you have to make 20 posts before you can add an avatar (piccie) x

thanx tiara coz i done all that then and it doesnt say custom avatar it only says edit avatar but wont let me clik anywhere to put a photo on boo hoo

Hello there and wellcome to minis!!

Good luck with your appointment with the consultant! Let us know how you get on.

BTW i think you have to wait till you have posted 50 times to get an avatar. :)

xxxxxxxx

hi emma gud luck on the 9th let us knw how you get on to hun and hi allie i will get postin then hehe.x

I only had 20 posts when I added my pic yesterday .... give it a try! x

Back