• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya just joined and wanted to say hiya:)

Hi Sharon
Welcome to minis. There are lots of people on here at various stages in their weight loss journies so feel free to ask any question no matter what it is as someone will be along to help. Mixman is def our sleeve expert, i had a gastric bypass 10 weeks ago and its been great and aleady life changing, good luck with your decision and what a great xmas present xx

Hi thanks for replying back everyone its really nice to be here, i dont mind being called CC or choc or if you like sharon:)
Im having my operation done by Mr Jain Coco really looking forward to it getting it done having alot of problems with my joints now and being out of breath:( Hope everything goes really well with your op in a couple of weeks time. Can i ask everyone tho what made them choose the bypass over the sleeve are you not worried at all?

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I can't answer for anyone else but for me I knew a bypass was the right choice. And I told the surgeon so!! (Luckily he agreed). I originally wanted a band, just because I knew more about it. But once I researched it I realised that the band took a lot of willpower and the regular fills put me off. I wanted something that would be so life changing and permanent that with some effort and determination I would never be the size I am again.

I didn't know about a sleeve until I met my surgeon, he said he preferred it to the band as the failure rate was lower but he agreed the bypass was right for me.

I had an appointment at the hospital last night and whilst I was sitting in the waiting room a lovely (and fabulously slim!) lady began talking to me. She had had a sleeve op just before Xmas and looked great! She had lost 6 stone I think but she said that was mostly down to her daily use of the gym. She said at the WLS meeting she attends only 2 people have had the sleeve, everyone else the bypass.

I would recommend that you research all the options as much as you can and discuss it with your surgeon who will suggest what is best for you.

And no, the bypass doesn't worry me, I can't wait!! :D

Good luck,
Cuppa xx

Hi CC, I would agree with everyone's statements that you have to make your own informed decision. As well as gaining as much information from people's experiences on this site, try and research eash op as much as possible.

One of the reasons why I decided on bypass surgery is cos I had a very sweet tooth before which I hated. So as well as my appetite shrinking I have noticed that I cant stand anything sweet especially chocolate - which is a blessing for me!!!

Back