• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hmmm Big Bones.....

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
Does anyone else think that they are 'big boned'?

There are loads of before and after pics on here....and im amazed that people my size are getting down to small sizes like 8/10

i always thought that underneath all the fat, i was just a larger person, but it seems that this is not the truth!!!

I cant wait to see what i look like when im at goal....am i big bones or not....we shall see haha

I read somewhere that there is no such thing as big bones, just an myth. But you can have heavy bones. I would have thought that shoe size might give an indication of frame size, but that is just a guess.

I read somewhere that there is no such thing as big bones, just an myth. But you can have heavy bones. I would have thought that shoe size might give an indication of frame size, but that is just a guess.

i remember being a size 6 when i was about 18.....now im a size 8/9....ooh i wonder if my feet will shrink!! lol

It would be interesting to find out the shoe size of the people who have gone down to 8/10 and see if shoe size does indicate frame size.

It would be interesting to find out the shoe size of the people who have gone down to 8/10 and see if shoe size does indicate frame size.

pooh yeh..new thread starting now lol

If it does work like that I will be over the moon, as my feet are quite small for my height I think. 5 feet 5 inches and size 6 shoes.

My parents always said i was 'big boned' and that i had a 'massive chest' which meant i was always going to be a big lad.

When i started the weight loss exactly 2 years ago because of all these quotes running through my head i thought 18 stone would do me. Well, i hit 18 stone and realised that wasn't enough. Then i realised 16.5 stone wasn't enough and that 15 stone wasn't enough either. I'm 14 stone 5lbs just now (with a Plastic Surgeon reckoning at least 6kgs of that is excess skin) and honestly cannot believe how narrow my shoulders are, how thin my legs are etc.

I never was 'big boned'. It just took a hell of a lot of work to realise that.

ive lost nearly 6 stone - my shoulder width and hips has not changed much from measurements. my back has and waist and other places have shrunk lots. round my wrist hasnt changed either. i will get smaller with more defined bone structure that you can actually see. not much left to lose so - se how it goes re big bones lolol

I was always convinced I was big boned..........now at a size 6 I realise my bone structure is actually very tiny!

I think that there IS such a thing as being 'big-boned', although 'big-framed' is probably more accurate. I'm a shade under 6ft tall, and have size 10 feet!! My hands are big as well - as big as many men's. I think that the very best I can hope to get down to is size 12, although I will definitely settle for size 14! Any less than that and I don't think I'd look right.

I did lose 8 stones with Slimming World a few years ago, and my feet did shrink to a petite size 9 lol!! So, I hope the same will happen again when I lose weight.... have you ever tried getting women's shoes in size 10??!!

ooh good thread... i always thought i was thin but my heavy and big bones made my arse look like the size of china. I cant wait to get to goal... or anywhere near xx

Since loosing 3 stone pre op I am amazed at how small my bones are!! I always said I take after me fathers german family.. Big boned etc... I keep measuring my wrist and forearm just to make sure!!! So I must admit I am shocked... Pleasantly !! I can't wait for my op to see how many other bones make themselves known to me xxx

Hya yeah ive got size 10 feet to and am just under 6foot so i wouldnt want to be to skinny as id just look lanky x

haha ivelost 4 and half stone, 2 stone being on pre op, and already im feeling bones i didnt know i had lol... well of course i had them... but i forgo ihad them as i couldnt feel them lol x

I think that there IS such a thing as being 'big-boned', although 'big-framed' is probably more accurate. I'm a shade under 6ft tall, and have size 10 feet!! My hands are big as well - as big as many men's. I think that the very best I can hope to get down to is size 12, although I will definitely settle for size 14! Any less than that and I don't think I'd look right.

I did lose 8 stones with Slimming World a few years ago, and my feet did shrink to a petite size 9 lol!! So, I hope the same will happen again when I lose weight.... have you ever tried getting women's shoes in size 10??!!

Hya i have size 10 feet as well and im 5'11 its not nice is it lol, ive never known another women to have the same size feet as me im looked at like im a freek, i no what you mean about losing to much weight as i will look daft with been so tall x

Back